Thread: Do Unactivated AV SIM cards have an expiration date?

Feedback Score

Do Unactivated AV SIM cards have an expiration date?

I got caught short & needed to port to AV immediately. I didn't have a AV SIM card so I made do with another branded SIM card. I have talk all sorted but am waiting till I get a AV SIM in a couple days to sort text & data. My preference is to wait.

So I want to have 3-5 unactivated AV 3in1 SIM cards on hand for myself & others. That's why I want to know if unactivated AV SIM cards have an expiration date.

P.S. A huge shout out to Kayla & Cheryl from AirVoice. Thank you ladies. Also a thank you to AT&T Tech Support Kathy. AT&T Tech Support 800....331.....0500

And a big F__ U to Harbor Mobile for only 2 days to port-out or lose my number. Not to the individuals at HM. But the scum of decision making bosses who I'm sure got a 30 day notice from AT&T & only gave the customers 2 days. Unconscionable.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post

I got caught short & needed to port to AV immediately. I didn't have a AV SIM card so I made do with another branded SIM card. I have talk all sorted but am waiting till I get a AV SIM in a couple days to sort text & data. My preference is to wait.

So I want to have 3-5 unactivated AV 3in1 SIM cards on hand for myself & others. That's why I want to know if unactivated AV SIM cards have an expiration date.

P.S. A huge shout out to Kayla & Cheryl from AirVoice. Thank you ladies. Also a thank you to AT&T Tech Support Kathy. AT&T Tech Support 800....331.....0500

And a big F__ U to Harbor Mobile for only 2 days to port-out or lose my number. Not to the individuals at HM. But the scum of decision making bosses who I'm sure got a 30 day notice from AT&T & only gave the customers 2 days. Unconscionable.

Probably not. I activated some old Air Voice sims I've had laying around for at least three to four years when I needed to leave my old cdma regional because of their shutting down their original network and becoming a Verizon/Sprint cdma mvno. I ported five numbers out in December on really old full sized sims to five feature phones and had no issues.

I do know Tmobile mvnos and Tmobile prepaid have started putting expiration dates on their gsm sims but from everything I've seen, Att mvnos and Gophone sims are indefinite.

Btw, yeah, AV doesn't have lte or even a lot of dealers from what I see BUT their customer service has saved the day for more then one ex Tracfone/H20/Locus/Red Pocket user I'm sure and won a lot loyalty from said customer. They may not have the lowest prices but they do have among the highest quality CS. I've heard some saying that some of the newer csrs are clueless but overall I'd say they're still among the best.

Today's mvno atmosphere is really shaky. When Ptel went down permanently after 15 years, that turned the independent mvno world upside down. Now every mvno is suspect on stability save the Big Four prepaid divisions and Tracfone. And the newbies like Harbor... just another Big thundering mvno that went out with a 60 hour whimper. Air Voice though is better then most though...

Feedback Score
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    No, un-activated AV sims do not expire. I bought a batch of 10. I activate one and put $10 on it when making a trip to the USA. After the trip I let the SIM expire. Next trip, which could be a year later, I activate another one. The batch of SIMs must be at least 4 years old now and I'm still using them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

I have old AV and H2O sims and they've always worked.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    More proof in the pudding...

Feedback Score
    99 cents for a sim card on ebay