Cricket / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Fi now has a third carrier!

They've just added US Cellular

https://android.googleblog.com/2016/...e-with-us.html

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Awesome! That'll really give them a boost in coverage here in Northern California, and in Oregon and Washington as well, NorCal, OR and WA make up USCC's Northwest Market. It'll definitely help in many Midwestern and eastern areas too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    This is a great addition for Fi, should really help for those traveling, since US Cellular has coverage in several areas where T-Mobile and Sprint are weak.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    I got an email from Google about this change today. The Fi map still shows the current coverage, so I'm interested to see how this will work out since I'm not in a U.S. Cellular market. I'm glad to see Google doing something to show they will make their coverage stronger for customers. The only thing I wish for now is better pricing for data. Outside of that, I've been happy with Fi and how things have been lately.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Good news for Maine and NH as well

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Northwest Iowa and am really excited to hear this--completely by coincidence I have a Nexus 6 coming tomorrow that I bought off swappa. Currently on the Cricket $35 plan but usually use less than 300mB of data so I think my bill would probably drop by about $10 using this.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    I got an email from Google about this change today. The Fi map still shows the current coverage, so I'm interested to see how this will work out since I'm not in a U.S. Cellular market. I'm glad to see Google doing something to show they will make their coverage stronger for customers. The only thing I wish for now is better pricing for data. Outside of that, I've been happy with Fi and how things have been lately.
    This article on The Verge has a map with a slider, that goes between US Cellular and Fi's coverage maps. If you look at the dark green (US Cellular LTE) and light (mint) green (3G US Cellular) areas, it gives you a good idea of where it will add coverage. The bluish colored areas are roaming, so it won't change Fi's coverage.

Feedback Score
    The change is supposed to roll out over time: how do you tell when it rolls out in your area?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The addition of US Cellular is huge for Google Fi customers in the central US. The service is already great using mainly T-Mobile's system in this part of the country as Sprint focuses only on Interstate highways and metro areas while T-Mobile has been upgrading their small and mid-size cities and towns and rural areas to LTE. This will only make it better.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrobe View Post
    The change is supposed to roll out over time: how do you tell when it rolls out in your area?
    Fi's maps already show some interesting coverage in places like Valentine, NE, where neither Sprint nor T-Mobile provide native service. Either, they're already showing the USCC coverage or they've been using Viaero all along.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    This article on The Verge has a map with a slider, that goes between US Cellular and Fi's coverage maps. If you look at the dark green (US Cellular LTE) and light (mint) green (3G US Cellular) areas, it gives you a good idea of where it will add coverage. The bluish colored areas are roaming, so it won't change Fi's coverage.
    Thanks for the link. For now, it won't change my service too much, but will help me out if I drive back to Texas later this year.

Device(s)
    s8+, s8, s7e, Pro3, Axon 7, Nexus 5+6+5x, Note 4, moto xp
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Project Fi, att, tmo, FreedomPop, trac/att, CellNuvo, tru, lyca, ekit
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gweeper View Post
    Good news for Maine and NH as well
    I am looking forward to it. Saves me from carrying an extra phone!
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    s8+, s8, s7e, Pro3, Axon 7, Nexus 5+6+5x, Note 4, moto xp
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Project Fi, att, tmo, FreedomPop, trac/att, CellNuvo, tru, lyca, ekit
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrobe View Post
    You will see an update to the Fi app and probably some service update when you open the app.

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggore View Post
    The addition of US Cellular is huge for Google Fi customers in the central US.
    Also, Northern California, Oregon and Washington, all three areas make up USCC's Northwest Market. USCC remains the coverage leader in these areas, my market of RSA 344 being one, though Verizon is close behind, followed by AT&T, and T-Mobile is starting to come on strong in some places.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Also, Northern California, Oregon and Washington, all three areas make up USCC's Northwest Market. USCC remains the coverage leader in these areas, my market of RSA 344 being one, though Verizon is close behind, followed by AT&T, and T-Mobile is starting to come on strong in some places.
    Mostly Northern CA, Southern and Eastern OR, and Southern WA. It's a great fit with the current Fi coverage as these are mostly less populated areas not well covered by T-Mobile and Sprint.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast