Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $150 Straight Talk iPhone 5s: Finally Working on Page Plus

Feedback Score
    Also, any benefit to the ST version over TW? I think in their case if they left P+ it would be to TW not ST but I doubt they would need to leave. ST version is in stock locally, TW takes about a week to ship.

Feedback Score
    When I purchased my 5S for my wife, I got it from Walmart. It was a Total Wireless (Tracfone) device. I tried my wife's sim card but it didn't work. Only the TFW sim worked. P+ gave me a link to download a profile that allowed it to work with P+. About a month ago the 5S went through an update and lost the profile. I had to go back to the link and re-DL the profile. If you purchase one of these make sure you save the link to the profile.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motoQ9c View Post
    Also, any benefit to the ST version over TW? I think in their case if they left P+ it would be to TW not ST but I doubt they would need to leave. ST version is in stock locally, TW takes about a week to ship.
    It doesn't matter which you buy, they are the same. I purchased 2 on Black Friday and they both say Straight Talk/Total Wireless on the back and come with a red pouch with SIM card and activation instructions attached.

When I activated one on Tracfone, I just entered the MEID into the Tracfone site and didn't need to enter the ICCID (SIM card #), but I did use the SIM card that came with it.

I would guess that you need to contact P+ through chat and ask them to swap devices and give them the MEID.

You can post in the regular P+ forum and ask there and may get answers from someone who's done it with P+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    It doesn't matter which you buy, they are the same. I purchased 2 on Black Friday and they both say Straight Talk/Total Wireless on the back and come with a red pouch with SIM card and activation instructions attached.

When I activated one on Tracfone, I just entered the MEID into the Tracfone site and didn't need to enter the ICCID (SIM card #), but I did use the SIM card that came with it.

I would guess that you need to contact P+ through chat and ask them to swap devices and give them the MEID.

You can post in the regular P+ forum and ask there and may get answers from someone who's done it with P+.
    Thanks guys, everything went as expected.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of these Trac Phone 5s last August and activated on Page Plus. My husband HATED the iPhone and we switched back to his old LG after a month or two. My son has been using the 5s as an iPod instead with no service. Since then we have moved all our Phones to Boom Mobile. I tried my Boom sim in the 5s and it wouldn't work so I assume still locked, IMEI checker says okay though and unlocked? I am no longer familiar w Page Plus plans anymore but I would like my son to use the phone now so we can reach him if need be. What are my options as we don't need data? I assume we are still locked. Any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Why not just get a cheapo Trac phone plan? If that's the service the phone is meant for then at least the phone can be used as a phone.

On Another note, you say "Since then we have moved all our Phones to Boom Mobile" - I'd be curious what is your experience over time with Boom. Their $29 unlimited plan with 2gig data is the best price I've seen for Verizon network. Boom's parent company, Enhanced Communications Group (ECG), has less than stellar reviews on Yelp. I've been with PP for going on 4 years now and have been satisfied on the whole, but 2 gigs data would be nice for that price. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Love Boom Mobile!!! US based service and customer service I can understand. I have been very happy!!!

Feedback Score

$150 Straight Talk iPhone 5s: Finally Working on Page Plus

Ok really easy to activate on TF once I put the right IMEI number in using Straight talk Sim.
    Last edited by Sherlou2; 09-01-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2