Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Mofi 4500

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Is this a Verizon only MoFi? Or is it the new model that supports every carrier under the sun*?

*In North America and possibly Europe, at any rate.
    Supports most carriers in the US.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Is this a Verizon only MoFi? Or is it the new model that supports every carrier under the sun*?

*In North America and possibly Europe, at any rate.
    The sim4 supports most of the world

LTE Band B1 (2100MHz)*
    LTE Band B2 (1900MHz)*
    LTE Band B3 (1800MHz)*
    LTE Band B4 - AWS (1700MHz)*
    LTE Band B5 (850MHz)*
    LTE Band B7 (2600MHz)*
    LTE Band B8 (900MHz)*
    LTE Band B12 (700MHz) (NEW T-MOBILE BAND)*
    LTE Band B13 (700MHz)*
    LTE Band B17 (700MHz)*
    LTE Band B20 (800MHz)*
    LTE Band B25 (1900MHz)*
    LTE Band B26 (850MHz)*
    LTE Band B29 (700MHz)*
    LTE Band B30 (2300MHz)*
    LTE Band B41 (TD 2500MHz) B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8 UMTS (850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz) GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Next question: Does this model let you select what LTE Band(s) you're connecting to, and force the device to stay connected to the chosen Band(s)?

I've been wanting a device which offers that function, but I've only just became aware that some are finally being offered.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Next question: Does this model let you select what LTE Band(s) you're connecting to, and force the device to stay connected to the chosen Band(s)?

I've been wanting a device which offers that function, but I've only just became aware that some are finally being offered.
    There is an option to lock out to a band. The problem is it only lets you choose like 4 bands and non of them are Verizon bands.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    There is an option to lock out to a band. The problem is it only lets you choose like 4 bands and non of them are Verizon bands.
    Well then, that is completely useless for Verizon Wireless customers.

One of the things I like about the device is that it has external, removable, upgradeable antennas for both the WiFi AND the LTE. Has anyone figured out which LTE Bands are on each antenna?

Feedback Score
    I purchased the modem that the mofi 4500 has in it (MC7455) for use with a similar router (ZBT WE826).

You can tell the router to lock to other bands, but mofi did not program the Verizon bands into the router itself.

If you can ssh into the router and can issue AT commands, you can lock to other bands.

Right now, I'm connected to Verizon through carrier aggregation on bands 4 and 13 through the MC7455. I'm getting about 55 down and 30 up through speed test.

If you'd like my help, please let me know.

Also, if you don't need the router anymore, would you be willing to sell it? PM me if so.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I finally bought one of these this week from 4G Antenna Shop/4GHS.Com with a T-Mobile Unlimited Data Plan and I'm still amazed at how much POWER they've packed into such a small device (the box itself is only a little larger than the AC791L Jetpack.)

After the weekend, I'll swap my Verizon Wireless SIM into it and test it out. I'm anxious to see if I can force it into Carrier Aggregation Mode!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just did my first speed test with the MoFi 4500 Sim 4 last night. Keep in mind that this is on T-Mobile 20 mhz Band 4, using the 2 5 dBi LTE antennas that are included with the the MoFi device:

Compared to Verizon's T1114, using a 6 dBi Probrand antenna mounted in the same window, T-Mo is 3 TIMES as fast!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 09-24-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
    That's some good info, there. If the device shows up as a galaxy tablet, on Verzion, I'm definitely upgrading my Mofi 3500 to the 4500 sim 4
    I've actually deleted that comment because I figured it out. The SM-T700 is my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 tablet, which is the device I ran the speed test from. So SpeedTest.Net was just reading that as the device. Bummer.

Feedback Score
    I've actually deleted that comment because I figured it out. The SM-T700 is my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 tablet, which is the device I ran the speed test from. So SpeedTest.Net was just reading that as the device. Bummer.
    Yeah, seemed too good to be true. I'll probably buy one anyway to have my bases covered...

i'll edit my reply to not confuse anyone

Feedback Score
    I would recommend not getting the mofi. I've been working with a few people on a facebook group that have purchased the sim4 version of the mofi4500. There are many, many bugs that we're trying to work through, but it's difficult because mofi doesn't give good support.

Also, take a look at the reviews on amazon. Lewis De Payne is one of the people trying to get mofi to support their product, but they deny there is anything wrong with it. Kind of sad because there is a lot of potential with this router.

If you're going to pay the $100 premium for this router, then support better be top notch (which it clearly is NOT).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by calimansi808 View Post
    I would recommend not getting the mofi. I've been working with a few people on a facebook group that have purchased the sim4 version of the mofi4500. There are many, many bugs that we're trying to work through, but it's difficult because mofi doesn't give good support.

Also, take a look at the reviews on amazon. Lewis De Payne is one of the people trying to get mofi to support their product, but they deny there is anything wrong with it. Kind of sad because there is a lot of potential with this router.

If you're going to pay the $100 premium for this router, then support better be top notch (which it clearly is NOT).
    That's weird. Someone here on HoFo had said that they contacted MoFi about enabling locking it to a Band that wasn't in the list, and they quickly issued a firmware update to add that Band to the list.

Would you provide more specific info on the problems your FB Group experienced?

Feedback Score
    Well, this doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Placed an order for one of these (SIM4) over the weekend. Now their site has been down all day. Earlier, it actually said they'd let their domain expire.

Guess between PayPal and Discover, should be able to get the charge reversed if they've gone under....

Feedback Score
    That's weird. Someone here on HoFo had said that they contacted MoFi about enabling locking it to a Band that wasn't in the list, and they quickly issued a firmware update to add that Band to the list.

Would you provide more specific info on the problems your FB Group experienced?
    Sure. With regards to the facebook posts, join this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/533178910174095/

The actual posts are all over the place. I know we tried to help 2 people to get Sprint going with the mofi. From reading the posts, they could connect to the Sprint network, but it would not stay connected. After a few minutes the mofi would disconnect and it would take a reboot to get it to connect again.

The latest theory is that the mofi disconnects on it's own because Sprint still is not "certified." We speculate that this is BS because I am able to connect to Sprint using unbranded mofi hardware and the connection is fine. One of these people also tried using a Verizon sim card and it still disconnects as Sprint did. We don't know how to help this person.

One of the people experiencing this problem did go back to mofi to return the router. Mofi told this person that if they keep the router, they would issue a $100 credit. This credit never came. I did not see if the person returned the router in the end.

Another place to see mofi's support is through the Amazon reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...R2JHYGXZUFJYQY

The review also indicates another wifi bug that causes wifi disconnects every few minutes or so. We were able to solve this issue through a configuration file. Mofi still has not taken care of this bug.

Feedback Score
    brenth77 - I don't think they've gone under. The company has been around for a while now.

When you get the router, could you post your experience with it? Hopefully you can keep it connected to Verizon with minimal effort.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast