Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Is Cricket Rewards worth doing?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ae123 View Post
    I redeemed 100 points for the $5 Amazon gift card on Friday and it hasn't come yet.
    I finally got mine about 15 minutes ago.

Feedback Score
    I haven't gotten mine yet.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Moto E4, BLU R1
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I haven't gotten mine yet.
    They're probably processing them in batches due to high demand -- you can check the order page from your rewards account to see if the "redeem GC" link is there or not

You should get it by tonight since its the 3rd business day

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How long does the 50,000 referral points take to arrive ? Someone on here use my referral a few days ago and it still has not shown up

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U (US Unlocked) Gold
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Just curious how happy people are with Cricket's reward program. What kind of rewards are people getting from it?
    I realize this post is old, but I would like to chime in here. After using Cricket Rewards for just a few days short of a year, I am averaging $107 per month in gift cards. I never redeem points for cards that I would not normally use (for our family this means Cricket Refill Cards are #1 choice, then Walmart, then Target). Our family has 5 lines, so we have 5 Cricket Rewards accounts, each linked to one of the lines. Our bill is $100 a month using Group Save and the 4 GB plan for each line.

Here are some tips to get the most points (this will get you close to 1000 points each day) ...
    *Be sure to tap the achievements that show points. These will not be added to your account automatically. You must tap (claim) them.
    *I log in to each Rewards account from my app on my phone. I tried to get the family to participate, but they weren't making the maximum points or being consistent about logging in every day.
    *When using different Rewards account on one app on one phone, after logging in to a specific account, you have to close the app (not just hit the home button), then open the app again, to see the Daily Tap In achievement. For some reason, it won't show up otherwise. Do this for each Rewards account after logging in.
    *Complete the Daily Tap In (considering the instructions above).
    *Similar to the above, be sure to complete 5x Weekly and 7 Days In A Row.
    *Complete the Daily Survey for each Rewards account. It is just one question.
    *Complete all 3 games (Grand Prix, Smiles for Miles, Free Throw Challenge) 3 times a day (maximum allowed). To do this, you must wait 1 hour after playing the game for the game to show on the Rewards app again. These games take about 30 seconds each. NOTE: If you don't get the full points on a game, do NOT click continue. Click play again. The games become quite easy after a while. Only choose the training track for Grand Prix, because it is so easy.
    *After playing a game, Daily Tap In, 5x Weekly, and 7 Days In A Row, there are links to click. DO click these links, even if you do not plan to complete the activity (such as a "add a line"). You WILL get the points just for clicking the links.
    *Activating Auto Pay gives you a one time 1000 points.
    *Continuous Auto Pay gives you 1000 points each month.
    *Pay Your Bill (maintain Cricket service month to month) gives you 1000 points each month.
    *Register for My Account gives you a one time 500 points.
    *Do NOT use your points for sweepstakes. It is unlikely you will win, and you have thrown away points that could later be turned in for useful gift cards to Walmart, Target, and my favorite Cricket Refill Cards.
    *Do NOT redeem your points after the 4th of the month until the 15th of the month. This will allow you to have enough points on the 15th of the month for the 1/2 off card. These are the most bang for your buck.
    *After 1/2 off cards, the most bang for you buck is Cricket Refill Cards.
    *I do not do many Check Ins for points, because we do not have many options for that in our small town.

I spend about 45 minutes per day TOTAL doing this. There are probably some people that will be faster. For me, it is worth the time. We are a one income family of 5, so I like to be frugal, and this basically pays for our wireless bill every month.

Hope this helps some out there that want to get the most out of the Cricket Reward app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMMC View Post
    I realize this post is old, but I would like to chime in here. After using Cricket Rewards for just a few days short of a year, I am averaging $107 per month in gift cards. I never redeem points for cards that I would not normally use (for our family this means Cricket Refill Cards are #1 choice, then Walmart, then Target). Our family has 5 lines, so we have 5 Cricket Rewards accounts, each linked to one of the lines. Our bill is $100 a month using Group Save and the 4 GB plan for each line.

Here are some tips to get the most points (this will get you close to 1000 points each day) ...
    *Be sure to tap the achievements that show points. These will not be added to your account automatically. You must tap (claim) them.
    *I log in to each Rewards account from my app on my phone. I tried to get the family to participate, but they weren't making the maximum points or being consistent about logging in every day.
    *When using different Rewards account on one app on one phone, after logging in to a specific account, you have to close the app (not just hit the home button), then open the app again, to see the Daily Tap In achievement. For some reason, it won't show up otherwise. Do this for each Rewards account after logging in.
    *Complete all 3 games (Grand Prix, Smiles for Miles, Free Throw Challenge) 3 times a day (maximum allowed). To do this, you must wait 1 hour after playing the game for the game to show on the Rewards app again. These games take about 30 seconds each. NOTE: If you don't get the full points on a game, do NOT click continue. Click play again. The games become quite easy after a while. Only choose the training track for Grand Prix, because it is so easy.
    *After playing a game, Daily Tap In, 5x Weekly, and 7 Days In A Row, there are links to click. DO click these links, even if you do not plan to complete the activity (such as a "add a line"). You WILL get the points just for clicking the links.
    *Pay Your Bill (maintain Cricket service month to month) gives you 1000 points each month.
    *Do NOT use your points for sweepstakes. It is unlikely you will win, and you have thrown away points that could later be turned in for useful gift cards to Walmart, Target, and my favorite Cricket Refill Cards.
    *Do NOT redeem your points after the 4th of the month until the 15th of the month. This will allow you to have enough points on the 15th of the month for the 1/2 off card. These are the most bang for your buck.
    *I do not do many Check Ins for points, because we do not have many options for that in our small town.

I spend about 45 minutes per day TOTAL doing this. There are probably some people that will be faster. For me, it is worth the time. We are a one income family of 5, so I like to be frugal, and this basically pays for our wireless bill every month.

Hope this helps some out there that want to get the most out of the Cricket Reward app.
    Also note that after most of your games etc there is usually another screen that pops up that gives you 10 points or something for "check out our network" or other BS. Just click on that and once the screen changes you can X out and get those extra points.

I actually use the opposite approach on the games. If I end up with 80 instead of 100 on the basketball I just take it rather than waste more time. Usually one and done for me. I try to minimize the amount of time I spend per day while still getting "most" points if not every last one.

Also look for codes on Slickdeals.net or sometimes posted here that can give you immediate points when you redeem

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMMC View Post

If you use the mplus places app for check-ins you'll get more options. Granted they are only 5 points per but you get 25 per day.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wrenhal; 08-07-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I see you guys are law abiding citizens.

I love check ins. especially if I find area with cluster of cricket stores or best buy, gamestop, target. With check ins, I could get almost another 1000 points a day.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    I see you guys are law abiding citizens.

I love check ins. especially if I find area with cluster of cricket stores or best buy, gamestop, target. With check ins, I could get almost another 1000 points a day.
    Yes. I count on 1100+ points a day with check ins(Cricket Rewards).

Lately something seems to be going on with the mPlus Places app. No redemption gift cards offered?

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Yes. I count on 1100+ points a day with check ins(Cricket Rewards).

Lately something seems to be going on with the mPlus Places app. No redemption gift cards offered?

Are you taking about in the shopping section? I just noticed that too. But there were cards there just like 2 days ago.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket/AIO
    Feedback Score
    I have 5 lines, although only one rewards account. I used to use mPoints with other apps as well, but it just got nerfed into oblivion over the past couple of years.

Does the Continuous Auto Pay and Pay Your Bill points work for each of the lines, or only the main line? That seems to be where most of the points are.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    Are you taking about in the shopping section? I just noticed that too. But there were cards there just like 2 days ago.

Yes. Very recent that the cards disappeared.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phlack View Post
    I have 5 lines, although only one rewards account. I used to use mPoints with other apps as well, but it just got nerfed into oblivion over the past couple of years.

Does the Continuous Auto Pay and Pay Your Bill points work for each of the lines, or only the main line? That seems to be where most of the points are.
    Well, actually most of the points are in the Cricket app games if you can spare a few minutes each day. That's up to 1000 points+ daily, per line.

Many more points for check ins though most won't have time/opportunity for those.

Would defintely set up accounts for each line to collect whatever points you can. Don't know about the group auto pay though. My guess is each line/account would collect points.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Back to the topic of is this worth it...

By my math, each day, I can potentially earn about 2555 points, assuming no bonus.
    Daily check in gives me 5 points.

When I play all 3 games, 3 times a day, that's 900 points. After each game, as Hogan733 mentioned above, there are "bonus" 10 points after each game where you can click on the link. The funny thing is, I found the racing game actually gives me 30 points instead of 10. So that totals 1050 points on games.

The daily check ins... if you can find 25 Cricket Wireless stores, you get 25*50 = 1250 points. Like the games, there are 10 bonus points for after each check in which would give another 250 points for total of 1500 on check ins.

Let's for the sake of argument you get 2400 (cant score 100 all the time on the games and I notice those extra bonus doesn't always apply) a day; using 30 days month, that's 72000. From what I can see, you can exchange for roughly $35 of Cricket top up. 5 lines totals $175.

SMMC spends 45 minutes/day or 1350 minutes or about 22 hours. $175/22 hour = $7.95/hr. Is $7.95/hr worth it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    Back to the topic of is this worth it...

By my math, each day, I can potentially earn about 2555 points, assuming no bonus.
    Daily check in gives me 5 points.

When I play all 3 games, 3 times a day, that's 900 points. After each game, as Hogan733 mentioned above, there are "bonus" 10 points after each game where you can click on the link. The funny thing is, I found the racing game actually gives me 30 points instead of 10. So that totals 1050 points on games.

The daily check ins... if you can find 25 Cricket Wireless stores, you get 25*50 = 1250 points. Like the games, there are 10 bonus points for after each check in which would give another 250 points for total of 1500 on check ins.

Let's for the sake of argument you get 2400 (cant score 100 all the time on the games and I notice those extra bonus doesn't always apply) a day; using 30 days month, that's 72000. From what I can see, you can exchange for roughly $35 of Cricket top up. 5 lines totals $175.

SMMC spends 45 minutes/day or 1350 minutes or about 22 hours. $175/22 hour = $7.95/hr. Is $7.95/hr worth it?

First of all I don't see the logic in driving around to find 25 Cricket stores? You will eat up all profits in gas

And yes I agree with the question about spending 45 min a day. That seems like a lot of time to spend every day for rewards. I usually spend a few mins a couple times a day, usually on the train or at some other point of downtime when I would otherwise be scrolling through some useless news on Feedly etc. So to earn a few bucks for otherwise wasted time is fine for me

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast