Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Is Cricket Rewards worth doing?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    Is $7.95/hr worth it?
    Not even close to being worth it for me. Maybe for my unemployed high school daughter, but minimum wage in CA is $10.50/hr.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    From last Thanksgiving until about the end of this past March, Cricket store check in was a total of 125 points. BB, GS, and Target were 60 points each.

There were also 5 games for 100+ points each.

There were also other apps where you could accumulate about another 1200 points.

That's when I got hooked. I was accumulating from 3500 to 4000 points a day on 2 lines.

Didn't last though and they seem to have shut off the points for most of the other mPlus associated apps.

Oh well.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    Not even close to being worth it for me. Maybe for my unemployed high school daughter, but minimum wage in
    CA is $10.50/hr.
    Agreed. Actually, my nieces think it's worth it. They get their Amazon/Target/BB/Walmart gift cards for just playing games and accumulate points. One of the nieces worked as a super market cashier. She was making minimum wages for a 16 years old here in NYC. After taxes..., it's a lot less than $8/hr. She feels if there's no cap (2555 points a day) on total points, she rather do this. Especially if there's half off gift cards.

Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Didn't last though and they seem to have shut off the points for most of the other mPlus associated apps.
    I just found they decreased even more today. What used to be 2 points at Starbucks is now 1 point today. What was 30 points at Target/BB/Gamestop this past weekend is now 10 point. Doh! Cricket stores are still 50 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    First of all I don't see the logic in driving around to find 25 Cricket stores? You will eat up all profits in gas
    Why would I drive around collecting points? wink wink ... in one of my prior posts, I mentioned you guys are law abiding citizens. That's a hint... I do some shady things to collect the "check ins". I won't mention how I do it given it's probably against forum rule.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    Not even close to being worth it for me. Maybe for my unemployed high school daughter, but minimum wage in CA is $10.50/hr.
    Agreed. Actually, my nieces think it's worth it. They get their Amazon/Target/BB/Walmart gift cards for just playing games and accumulate points. One of the nieces worked as a super market cashier. She was making minimum wages for a 16 years old here in NYC. After taxes..., it's a lot less than $8/hr. She feels if there's no cap (2555 points a day) on total points, she rather do this. Especially if there's half off gift cards.

I just found they decreased even more today. What used to be 2 points at Starbucks is now 1 point today. What was 30 points at Target/BB/Gamestop this past weekend is now 10 point. Doh! Cricket stores are still 50 points.

Why would I drive around collecting points? wink wink ... in one of my prior posts, I mentioned you guys are law abiding citizens. That's a hint... I do some shady things to collect the "check ins". I won't mention how I do it given it's probably against forum rule.
    Of course to each his own

However I always think these comparisons to "minimum wage" are stooped

Fact is, all of us have downtime during the day. Reality is we aren't going to take those small slices of downtime and convert them to earnings "at minimum wage". I can fugg around on Cricket website and make a few extra bucks a month for 5-7 minutes invested per day. I am not going to go get a job for 5-7 mins a day.

The other fallacious argument is to compare to one's salary. I make $X per year, not paid hourly. If I fugg around for 5-7 minutes on the train on Cricket website, I am not taking myself away from that job where I earn a heck of a lot more on a per hourly equivalent, since I don't get paid that money per hour.

All of that said, there are certain uses of time that are "worth it" to some and not to others. People on Slickdeals will drive all over town to save $2 on something (sometimes ignoring gas charges) while others would say I'd rather have that hour of my life back than the $2 I saved.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

I didn't get out the last couple of days. Are you saying check ins, with the Cricket Rewards app, at BB, etc, now only gives 10 points?

Darn! These points have been paying my Cricket and Simple Mobile bills for the last few months. Guess I'll have to start shelling out of pocket for SM preloaded SIMs from ebay. That's my only unlimited internet service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Yes. Very recent that the cards disappeared.

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk
    Yep and on my cricket rewards app my check-in to Wal-Mart today was only 10 points instead of 30+10 bonus.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    Yep and on my cricket rewards app my check-in to Wal-Mart today was only 10 points instead of 30+10 bonus.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Oh well. Guess I'll start looking to join a group to cut costs down now.

Wonder what's going on over there. Guess they have to cut their costs too, lol.

Certainly makes it easy to answer the question in topic. Overall, no.

I'll always play the games though(as long as im here) as they really take very little time/effort once you get the hang.

Last edited by gwite; 08-07-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U (US Unlocked) Gold
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    First of all I don't see the logic in driving around to find 25 Cricket stores? You will eat up all profits in gas

And yes I agree with the question about spending 45 min a day. That seems like a lot of time to spend every day for rewards. I usually spend a few mins a couple times a day, usually on the train or at some other point of downtime when I would otherwise be scrolling through some useless news on Feedly etc. So to earn a few bucks for otherwise wasted time is fine for me
    For those of you that think me spending 45 minutes a day seems excessive, please note I'm doing this for all 5 members of my family. That's about 9 minutes a day for each person. It's like my husband spending 3 minutes 3 times a day, me spending 3 minutes 3 times a day, & my 3 children each spending 3 minutes 3 times a day. I usually get on the Cricket Rewards app while I'm drinking my morning coffee, while I'm eating my lunch, & after the kids & I are through w/school for the day. So those 3 times of day are short periods of down time for me.

I can't compare the money equivalent of this to an income paying job. I am a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom, so this is part of my contribution to the family's finances.

On a side note, the past few days, the games have only been offered 2 times a day in comparison to the 3 times a day previously offered. Disappointing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMMC View Post
    For those of you that think me spending 45 minutes a day seems excessive, please note I'm doing this for all 5 members of my family. That's about 9 minutes a day for each person. It's like my husband spending 3 minutes 3 times a day, me spending 3 minutes 3 times a day, & my 3 children each spending 3 minutes 3 times a day. I usually get on the Cricket Rewards app while I'm drinking my morning coffee, while I'm eating my lunch, & after the kids & I are through w/school for the day. So those 3 times of day are short periods of down time for me.

I can't compare the money equivalent of this to an income paying job. I am a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom, so this is part of my contribution to the family's finances.

On a side note, the past few days, the games have only been offered 2 times a day in comparison to the 3 times a day previously offered. Disappointing.
    Totally agree

Other people waste lots of time skimming these boards and posting about how their time is too valuable to earn the equivalent of 8 bucks an hour for rewards.... But last I checked you don't earn any money for skimming Hofo and posting to threads either

Feedback Score
    I got 2 dumb questions. 1) Do anybody use an app like fakegps to check in to cricket stores? 2) can you load cricket rewards on an android device other than your registered phone? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pug_ster View Post
    I got 2 dumb questions. 2) can you load cricket rewards on an android device other than your registered phone? Thanks.
    I run it on my phone and my tablet. You can login and logout onto different accounts as well.

I don't think it violates terms of agreement or usage if you run cricket reward app on multiple devices.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Totally agree

Other people waste lots of time skimming these boards and posting about how their time is too valuable to earn the equivalent of 8 bucks an hour for rewards.... But last I checked you don't earn any money for skimming Hofo and posting to threads either
    LOL, no disagreement. I came up with $8.00/hr just to give it a quantifiable comparison. If one factors in that it's "tax free", it's worth $11-$12/hr. I'll throw another "pro" argument into this. If you can save $50/month, would you do it? If saving this extra $50 doesn't impact your job, your daily life, I'd say go for it. From an investor point of view, if you save $50 a month, that's $600/year. If you can get a apr of 6% from investment, you'd double your money in about 12 years ($1200). I just did a quick analysis with Excel, if you save $50/month and if you get 6% apr (compounded), you'd have $10k by year 12. Judging by SMMC's post, she saves more... so the question, wouldn't anyone do this?

disclaimer: I was doing this then I drafted my underage, not qualified to work yet nieces to do this. Both my bro in law and I work for asset management firms. We know the value of money.

I guess it all comes down to how you value your money, time. Just have to find that balance.

Feedback Score
    Totally agree

Whoa there, some of us get paid in referrals and astroturfing.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Whoa there, some of us get paid in referrals and astroturfing.
    But some others are always willing to troll for free.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    So it appears we are down to 2 sets of games per day now?

Also have you guys ever "lost" a game - by that I mean I click on it, and it starts to load, then it just disappears back to the main screen yet is gone as if I had played it and I have to wait until later. I guess just glitches

One other thing I noticed - HUGE ARBITRAGE HERE (haha) - you can click on the "daily check in" 5 pts in the rewards app, then if you go to MyCricket app and "Manage Rewards" and go into the rewards WEBSITE that way, the "daily check in" is there and you can click it there too. (I KNOW - FIVE WHOLE EXTRA POINTS!)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast