Thread: Nexus 5X on Boost mobile

Feedback Score

Nexus 5X on Boost mobile

If I get the Nexus 5X and end up not liking Fi, will I be able to use it on Boost? I know it has a ton of bands on it but would like to be sure about Boost compatibility.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CelledAway View Post
    If I get the Nexus 5X and end up not liking Fi, will I be able to use it on Boost? I know it has a ton of bands on it but would like to be sure about Boost compatibility.
    I searched Boost's website for BYOD and Nexus and didn't find anything that would indicate that Boost will activate a Nexus 5x.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If Boost doesn't allow the 5X, it won't be because of the 5X. Some carriers only allow their set of phones, even if you have one that will work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7qdi View Post
    If Boost doesn't allow the 5X, it won't be because of the 5X. Some carriers only allow their set of phones, even if you have one that will work.
    I forgot that little detail about some carriers, I think that's a terrible policy as they lose business from people who would like to bring their own device and take advantage of some pretty good deals Boost is offering.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    They only talk about activating BYOD ex-Sprint phones. Who knows? They may not have authority to whitelist devices. You might ask the question on the Boots forum.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    As an update, Boost is now allowing iPhones from AT&T and T-Mobile on their network. Sometime in the next few months, they will add Android devices to this list, so a Nexus phone may be allowed on their network soon. If you need lots of data, their $50 option will be a good fit. But you would lose the ability to have access to T-Mobile and US Cellular's networks if you did that. With Sprint phones, once they are put on Boost, you cannot put them back on Sprint. That would be important to know in case a person wanted to try Boost, but switch back to Fi if Sprint had a weak signal where they live.