Thread: What Do You Want For The New Nexus Phones?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score

What Do You Want For The New Nexus Phones?

Rumors are already swirling around about the new Nexus phones that will be released. The latest rumor seems to be that while Huawei is ready to make another Nexus phone, even going as far as to allegedly patent the name Huawei 7P, that the new phones will be made by HTC. I like my Nexus 5X, but would prefer more RAM on the phone. What about you? If you are looking to upgrade to the new Nexus phones, what features do you hope they have?

Feedback Score
    User replaceable battery

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'll take an SD card

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mskoch View Post
    User replaceable battery
    I vote for the user-replaceable battery, as more important than the SD card.

Google is now a phone designer--Nexus phones--and also a wi-fi supplier in many Starbucks stores and elsewhere. With that in mind, how about quick wi-fi login, so that the phone logs in (at Starbucks, for example) without user intervention? It should confirm when it's 100% logged in.

Feedback Score
    Optical image stabilization and a battery that lasts consistently.
    I hear the nexus 6p of course has great snooze time because of Doze but actual on time varies alot in reviews and may average considering it's size. This is all assuming the camera quality stays the same. OIS and consistent reviews about battery life. I want to keep my phone for at least 2 years so.

However, still considering it if my Oneplus one stops working around Black Friday or when they drop in price.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone think that a modular Nexus could be coming now that Google wants to be more hands on with the design? Would you welcome a modular phone to the Nexus lineup?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Based on Google I/O, I wouldn't expect a modular phone for consumers in 2016. I think higher-end Android phones are currently too large, except for the Z5 Compact, so I just want the smaller phone to keep from being much bigger than a Nexus 5 or iPhone 6S. My hope is that the opinion from Google somehow limits the bezel size, although the HTC 10 seems more reasonable than many HTC phones.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2016/05/20...weet-gestured/

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    Based on Google I/O, I wouldn't expect a modular phone for consumers in 2016. I think higher-end Android phones are currently too large, except for the Z5 Compact, so I just want the smaller phone to keep from being much bigger than a Nexus 5 or iPhone 6S. My hope is that the opinion from Google somehow limits the bezel size, although the HTC 10 seems more reasonable than many HTC phones.
    Dual SIM with at least global HSPA in slot 2.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    User control over detailed forwarding, PRL, bands, etc. An external antenna jack would be very welcome.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000 Pro, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stufried View Post
    Dual SIM with at least global HSPA in slot 2.
    3G capability in the second slot would be of great interest to me. Would possibly sign up for Google Fi service if they did that. Could have my H2O/AT&T sim card or Piranha sim card in slot 2 and a Google Fi card in slot 1. Too many dual sim phones these days have only 2G in the secondary slot...that's a problem with carriers like AT&T doing away with 2G (I think by the end of 2016). Plus Google Fi only uses AT&T as fallback in limited instances and doesn't officially cellular roam in some countries like Bermuda...so the second sim would be handy.

Also agree on the removable battery pack and micro sd. The sd card should have a dedicated slot and not be a forced choice between a second sim and the sd card.

Water resistance would also be nice so it could be used at the beach or if it rained...
    Last edited by GadgetKen; 07-30-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I would like a smaller more premium phone, something like a Galaxy 7 or Nexus 5X, but with features more like in the 6P.

Redwood Valley, CA (Mendocino County, NW CA)
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    I like them the size they are now, I look at people with old iPhone's, and they look almost toy like the screens are so small 5.2 inches is about the smallest I'll go now, I really prefer 5.5 to 6. I admit though, it's personal preference

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Do you think the savings on the 5x will be more than $150 when the Nexus 7 comes out?