Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VOLTE calling?

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dscline View Post
    I'm not following you. Why would they have to make any mention of the carrier? Why not just allow VoLTE in areas where it's available (regardless of the fact that currently, that would only be in T-Mobile's footprint)?
    How would they mention it on the website, if they don't list any carrier partners. It would be hard for them to explain and some customers would get confused if they get a feature on 1 carrier partner and not the others. Sprint and USC should just launch VoLTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Again, I don't understand why they have to mention the carrier. Why can't it simply be a feature that is available in areas where it's supported? If you're a t-mobile customer, it's not going to work everywhere you go, why would Fi customers not understand that?

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Again, I don't understand why they have to mention the carrier. Why can't it simply be a feature that is available in areas where it's supported? If you're a t-mobile customer, it's not going to work everywhere you go, why would Fi customers not understand that?
    They don't have to, but it's like how Fi says they partner with LTE carriers and then added a 3g only carrier. It wouldn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    They probably don't want their map to look like a map for a Sprint prepaid carrier. On their maps, they have 7 different colors to show what's available where. It can get confusing really fast. If T-Mobile charges them extra for VoLTE, than they probably won't want to advertise it so people don't try to configure their phones to only use T-Mobile's network. Or if the data used for that would cause a person's bill to go up, they may not want to advertise it. But if one looks at the T-Mobile map for their prepaid brands, they can see where the feature may be available to them.

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    ... if the data used for that would cause a person's bill to go up, they may not want to advertise it...
    This is the only explanation so far that has made any sense to me. Other carriers that offer VoLTE keep track of the VoLTE calls, and specifically count that data as minutes, even though technically, it's data. Perhaps Fi, being an MVNO, wouldn't get that same deal, just like Fi customers don't get free streaming like T-mobile customers. But if THAT's the issue, then it doesn't matter if USCC and Sprint offer VoLTE, the same issue would exist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2