Thread: 4GHS Rural Internet

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score

4GHS Rural Internet

4GHS Rural Internet

Does anyone have any experience with this company? The are a ATT/Cricket reseller offering unlimited 4G or LTE data capped at 5/10 MBPS for $60/$65 per month. The are part of 4G Antenna Shop Inc who also offers some T-Mobile plans.

This article at RVmobileinternet.com discusses the plans a little bit and it where it claims it is in partnership with Cricket.

I live in the sticks with horrible internet options and this may be a good deal for me, if it lasts.
    WAR EAGLE!!!

Feedback Score
    I've done business with 4GAS before. Never 4GHS though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    What would be the advantage of using a reseller as opposed to just using Cricket's Unlimited $70 plan which is only $65 after autopay?

Are you looking for phone service or just a dedicated home hotspot device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    What would be the advantage of using a reseller as opposed to just using Cricket's Unlimited $70 plan which is only $65 after autopay?

None really unless you want/need the authorized hotspot feature. Unlike Harbor Mobile and BlueGreen Mobile, these AT&T plans are not real AT&T plans. Not a bad option, and it is unlimited - which is rare, but the whole point of using a reseller is to get group pricing for an individual.

I think using Cricket is the better value given their discounts and credits. Plus, there are ways to tether on Cricket if you modify your phone/have the right phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post

It would be a home internet replacement, so the hotspot is the advantage. Hotspots/tethering are not allowed under the Cricket unlimited plan. I know I could probably find a away to get away with it on the Cricket unlimited plan, but it is specifically allowed under the 4GHS plan. 4GHS advertises up to 10 MBPS, so it could be slightly faster than Cricket.

I don't really need another phone. I already have 5 Cricket lines for $100/month.

I live in a rural area where the best available internet is a land based wireless provider where the best I can get is about 2 MBPS and it is not very reliable although it is unlimited. They advertise higher speeds, but can't deliver them to my house due to topography. I can get a Cricket LTE signal in my basement, so I assume this would work better than my current provider.

Feedback Score
    Ooh, now that I think about it... This is a little cheaper than AT&T's Uverse with their measly 6Mbps upload and 300GB cap.

I might have to look at this some more in the future if I ever move to an area that is only served by AT&T. (TX has segmented markets. One area is served by AT&T, but down the road is served by Frontier FIOS, TWC, etc.)

Feedback Score
    How many people think that Cricket is just unaware of this?

As soon as Cricket catches wind of this, how much you want to bet that they wind up closing shop?

"If it's too good to be true, then it probably is"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    How many people think that Cricket is just unaware of this?

As soon as Cricket catches wind of this, how much you want to bet that they wind up closing shop?

"If it's too good to be true, then it probably is"
    How is this too good to be true? It's a rather bland offering from a Platinum Exchange Partner. Harbor and BlueGreen offer(ed) real postpaid AT&T service complete with perks and support. This is just slightly better than Cricket's offerings, but with no discounted phones, credits, and promos. Plus, 4GAS support is during normal business hours, albeit slightly longer than 9-5 and more competent.

Feedback Score
    Well, Cricket doesn't allow the hotspot feature on their unlimited plan.

And I'm not aware of any unlimited hotspot cell providers, at least none that are sub $100/mo. Maybe some Sprint providers, but Sprint usually cuts those off when they find out about them.

I would just be really cautious with proceeding with this. Don't be surprised if it gets cut off at some point. Whether you agree with the premise or not, cell phone companies are very big on allowing their product to be a replacement for home Internet (or even in this case where it's a rural area and no other providers are available).

I should add, that I hope I'm wrong. This would be great if it turns into a viable solution for rural Internet, I know quite a few people that might like this. But past experience has taught me not to hold my breathe.

Feedback Score
    Cricket doesn't seem to care much about tethering. I put my GoPhone Phone SIM, which supports using a wireless hotspot on the phone, into a hotspot device and it sent me to the standard contact support page. I put my Cricket SIM with an unlimited plan in the same device and it just worked. Clearly AT&T knows that that device isn't a phone, so it could apply the same detection to Cricket if it wanted to. Maybe AT&T is happy to sell of low quality bandwidth as a way to increase utilization of otherwise underutilized towers while using QoS to reduce the impact on on AT&T branded customers.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
    4GHS Rural Internet

Does anyone have any experience with this company? The are a ATT/Cricket reseller offering unlimited 4G or LTE data capped at 5/10 MBPS for $60/$65 per month. The are part of 4G Antenna Shop Inc who also offers some T-Mobile plans.

This article at RVmobileinternet.com discusses the plans a little bit and it where it claims it is in partnership with Cricket.

I live in the sticks with horrible internet options and this may be a good deal for me, if it lasts.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Well it appears that there is one for tmobile and oe for att. here is the att one website. https://www.4ghs.com/plan

Feedback Score
    I think AT&T is happy to sell the band width, Freedompop uses it in their sims. I certainly wouldn't want it as a home provider, side by side Cricket is much faster.

I was hoping for a affordable low allotment hotspot like the one I have from them for TMO.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Where does it say they are a Cricket reseller? As far as I can tell its AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manhole View Post
    Where does it say they are a Cricket reseller? As far as I can tell its AT&T.
    In the RV mobile internet link it says 4GHS confirmed the Cricket partnership.

AT&T absolutely does not deliver 10Mbps and 70-170 ping times. That's Cricket speed, the ping time alone is a red flag because AT&T's average is closer to 40ms.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast