Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 4GHS Rural Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manhole View Post
    Where does it say they are a Cricket reseller? As far as I can tell its AT&T.
    See here - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Wireless

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    In the RV mobile internet link it says 4GHS confirmed the Cricket partnership.

AT&T absolutely does not deliver 10Mbps and 70-170 ping times. That's Cricket speed, the ping time alone is a red flag because AT&T's average is closer to 40ms.
    So if this is cricket and it is unlimited what is wrong with that. It is $5 cheaper than cricket and truly unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    So if this is cricket and it is unlimited what is wrong with that. It is $5 cheaper than cricket and truly unlimited.
    Because it's not AT&T postpaid despite 4GAS being a Platinum Exchange Partner. So all the benefits of going with a reseller are negated. My guess is 4GAS couldn't afford the Platinum Exchange partnership fees, or didn't expect to recover their costs, so they went this partnership route in exchange for a lower fee.

It looks to be more than Cricket though. Cricket gives you a $5 discount for autopay, credits for referrals, group discount, and discounted phones. Plus, ignoring the poor customer service and lack of retail locations, Cricket is better to do business with because they won't suddenly go out of business and you own your own line. With 4GAS there is some risk, so what they offer needs to be enough to offset that risk.

For a mobile hotspot this would be fine because your only risk is data may not work one day, but for a phone line? Not really enough benefit to offset the risk IMO when you can just go to Cricket.

Feedback Score
    I just signed up! We live kinda out in the sticks in rural Oregon with very good cell coverage from ATT, but crappy DSL from a small local telephone exchange at 80 dollars a month for 5-6 mb down and 1 up. This would be a huge improvement.

I've been waiting on a way to legally have a cell hotspot on an unlimited plan. Hopefully performance will be as good as my speeds on my Cricket phone.

Thanks for posting this!

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ablinkin View Post
    I just signed up! We live kinda out in the sticks in rural Oregon with very good cell coverage from ATT, but crappy DSL from a small local telephone exchange at 80 dollars a month for 5-6 mb down and 1 up. This would be a huge improvement.

I'll keep everybody posted on how it works.

Thanks OP!
    Is there a WISP serving your area? Where are you at in Oregon? I'm in a rural area myself, Mendocino County in Northwest California.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yeah there is, but they're even worse than the local DSL. We were with them quite some time, but they kept overloading the network resulting in speeds around 1mb down, when they advertised 12. Then they had numerous radio issues at the local towers and we lost service for two months. Which is why we're back to DSL.

ATT/Cricket seems to be lightly loaded out here and I always have excellent speeds on my Cricket phone. So this might be a good option. I'm going to give it a month to see how it is before disconnecting the DSL. I'm between Corvallis and Eugene Oregon near a major highway. Verizon, ATT, and Sprint cover this area well, but Tmobile is pathetic. So I couldn't make use of their plans.

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score

I've been waiting on a way to legally have a cell hotspot on an unlimited plan. Hopefully performance will be as good as my speeds on my Cricket phone.

Thanks for posting this!
    I look forward to your review. Did you sign up for the 4G or the LTE plan? Did you buy a hotspot device from them or are you getting one from somewhere else?
    WAR EAGLE!!!

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah there is, but they're even worse than the local DSL. We were with them quite some time, but they kept overloading the network resulting in speeds around 1mb down, when they advertised 12. Then they had numerous radio issues at the local towers and we lost service for two months. Which is why we're back to DSL.

ATT/Cricket seems to be lightly loaded out here and I always have excellent speeds on my Cricket phone. So this might be a good option. I'm going to give it a month to see how it is before disconnecting the DSL. I'm between Corvallis and Eugene Oregon near a major highway. Verizon, ATT, and Sprint cover this area well, but Tmobile is pathetic. So I couldn't make use of their plans.
    Cool! We were just through your exact area on the Coast Starlight in May, we took a train trip from here to Vancouver, WA, with side trips to Portland and Seattle.

The only DSL available to me here is 768 Kbps from AT&T, yuck Thankfully, we have Comcast Blast, we see 180/12 with that. There are a couple of WISP's that serve us, but they're way more expensive, and a LOT slower and I'm not sure if they could even serve our house, we're in a lot of trees. Our county is one of the underserved and unserved ones, we're lucky to have what we do at our place in Redwood Valley. We did try recently to build a redundant fiber connection (Golden Bear Project) that would have served many rural areas in NorCal, like Mendocino County, but the big guys killed it

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

4GHS Rural Internet

I can't wait to see a review. I'm curious if the cap is really 10mbps since Cricket is normally capped at 8mbps.

For a router I highly recommend the MOFI4500-4GXELTE-SIM4 from MoFi Networks. The SIM4 model is their latest and supports all bands from AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. I bought mine directly from MoFi for $299 to replace a SIM3 model I had originally purchased from 4GAS. The difference is night & day. I'm getting about 20db stronger signal on the SIM4 model in the exact same location. The SIM4 uses a Sierra Wireless chipset vs a ZTE chipset on the SIM3. And lastly the SIM4 model supports 2X carrier aggregation which is a huge plus on any of the big 4 networks.
    $25 Cricket Wireless Signup Bonus

Cricket offers a $25 referral credit for new subscribers who are referred by another user. Simply use the link above to claim your bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
    I look forward to your review. Did you sign up for the 4G or the LTE plan? Did you buy a hotspot device from them or are you getting one from somewhere else?
    I signed up for the LTE plan and purchased a "LTE Rocket Hotspot" for $49.99 (a Rogers device). They only are open M-F according the website, but they processed the order within a couple of hours on a Sunday. I have a tracking number, SIM serial number, and a phone number. Total charge to get it going was $125.70 and monthly is $68.71. They claim a 24 support phone number.

If it's as good as my Cricket phone that'll be great.

I'll let you guys know my first impressions in a few days.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    can not wait to hear. i am looking to use a wireless modem for home phone and internet. We only have att dls which is on our other lot and we have blown 5 modems in less than a year. ATT will not move the service 300 feet to the next lot. i am so sick and tried of att i do not know what to do.

Feedback Score
    We have both a unlimited line with Cricket and a 10 gig with the hotspot. With mirror cast the unlimited does a lot of streaming and that doesn't leave much for the line with the hotspot to do. The nice thing is in a area where we could get better than 8 Mbps, we always get it rock solid. It doesn't congest daily like the other carriers.

I mentioned I have a TMO hotspot with 4GAS, the TMO side of this company. I have for a while and have never had a issue except I requested an exchange of my Rogers air card for the 915 that had band 12. (both home states have band 12) They said no problem, we will send the z915 and you can send one back in a week. Phone calls answered and emails too.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Yeah our internet went out after a storm i put my cricket sim into my att modem and we went through 2.5 in two days. i need something that is truly unlimited, because after the 2,5 it slowed down like a champ.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Let's say someone wants to take advantage of this deal, but doesn't want to use a Mobile Hotspot. Let's say they prefer to use a "Home and Office Hotspot" with Business Class reliability, instead. What options are available for AT&T/CricKet for that type of device?
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Let's say someone wants to take advantage of this deal, but doesn't want to use a Mobile Hotspot. Let's say they prefer to use a "Home and Office Hotspot" with Business Class reliability, instead. What options are available for AT&T/CricKet for that type of device?
    I don't understand. A hotspot is a hotspot. You aren't required to buy a hotspot to buy the plan from 4HAS.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast