Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 4GHS Rural Internet

Feedback Score
    I received mine also. It definitely is on Cricket. I ordered the 4LTE option, but the most the hotspot will connect at is 4G. 4.2-5.0mb down. Plus upload speed is .800mb! I'm very disappointed and contacted the company late Thursday. Very quickly I received a reply saying a tech would contact me the next day. Nothing. My hotspot on my phone is 8mb down ande 8-12mb up. My DSL is quicker than this.

I'm just not impressed the opening business with this company went south quickly. I'm returning mine.

Feedback Score
    I very quickly got an email from Robert xxxxxx "Chief Technology Officer" authorizing the return citing "poor signal, slow speeds" in the area. He didn't have any reasons for no contact or even an offer of troubleshooting.

Considering I have full bars on my Cricket Phone this is pretty lame.

I'm not in the least impressed. I hope others have a better experience than I did.

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score
    What type of hotspot were you using with 4GHS?
    WAR EAGLE!!!

Feedback Score
    The one they were selling for $50 which is a "Sierra Wireless Aircard" model 763S with a Rogers label on the left and "LTE" on the right. A little further down it says "Qualcomm 4G".

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ablinkin View Post
    I received mine also. It definitely is on Cricket. I ordered the 4LTE option, but the most the hotspot will connect at is 4G. 4.2-5.0mb down. Plus upload speed is .800mb! I'm very disappointed and contacted the company late Thursday. Very quickly I received a reply saying a tech would contact me the next day. Nothing. My hotspot on my phone is 8mb down ande 8-12mb up. My DSL is quicker than this.

I'm just not impressed the opening business with this company went south quickly. I'm returning mine.
    I very quickly got an email from Robert xxxxxx "Chief Technology Officer" authorizing the return citing "poor signal, slow speeds" in the area. He didn't have any reasons for no contact or even an offer of troubleshooting.

Considering I have full bars on my Cricket Phone this is pretty lame.

I'm not in the least impressed. I hope others have a better experience than I did.
    The one they were selling for $50 which is a "Sierra Wireless Aircard" model 763S with a Rogers label on the left and "LTE" on the right. A little further down it says "Qualcomm 4G".
    I looked up the LTE frequency specs for this model and Rogers says it only has AWS/2600MHz, which were the initial LTE bands in Canada (they didn't get 700MHz until much later). That's crazy, for this company to be selling LTE modems without AT&T's main band 12/17 (700MHz) band, especially rural areas. AT&T doesn't even have AWS nationwide, and where it does the signal is rather weak since it's a high frequency band. Many markets don't even have it (NYC is one example). AT&T doesn't have any 2600MHz, either. For AT&T at minimum you need band 12 (700MHz), 2 (1900MHz), 4 (AWS/1700MHz), and 5 (850MHz). Bonus points if it has 29 (700MHz) and 30 (WCS/2.3GHz).

Second page:
    http://www.rogers.com/cms/images/en/...Sheet%20EN.pdf
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

A couple weeks ago I tried putting a cricket SIM card in my MoFi router and could only get service on the HSDPA network. When I tried LTE it was a no go. I'm not sure if they are somehow blocking access through some hotspots.

On the other hand I have an unlocked T-Mobile ZTE Z915 hotspot and it works perfectly with a cricket SIM in it. It supports AT&T's main bands (2, 4, 5, 12/17).
    $25 Cricket Wireless Signup Bonus

Cricket offers a $25 referral credit for new subscribers who are referred by another user. Simply use the link above to claim your bonus.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The MoFi is probably an AT&T know, approved, white-listed device. As such, it's probably in some kind of penalty box.

Feedback Score
    I'm using a MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4 V2 with a Cricket SIM and haven't had any issues. It's always connected to LTE and I get the full 8Mbps down.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manhole View Post
    Ok I want sure :-). I ordered it about a month ago.
    I went back to the other thread I was referring to, and it may have been talking about a different model. But would you mind sharing your thoughts on this one? It looks absolutely perfect for my needs, and for $500 less than a comparable, Verizon ONLY device from Cradlepoint!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trug View Post
    I'm using a MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4 V2 with a Cricket SIM and haven't had any issues. It's always connected to LTE and I get the full 8Mbps down.
    I think the one I tried the cricket sim on was a SIM3 (v1) model now that I think about it. I sold that one on Amazon and got myself a SIM4 v2. I'm currently using it with a T-Mobile voice sim.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

4GHS Rural Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    I went back to the other thread I was referring to, and it may have been talking about a different model. But would you mind sharing your thoughts on this one? It looks absolutely perfect for my needs, and for $500 less than a comparable, Verizon ONLY device from Cradlepoint!
    It does everything it says it does, and does it well. There's not much more to really say :-)

The SIM4 model has a Sierra Wireless modem in it. The older SIM3 model had a ZTE modem in it. In the same exact location I'm getting a much stronger signal with the SIM4 model (about 20 - 25 db), so this is a huge improvement for me. The SIM4 Sierra Wireless modem also supports carrier aggregation including Verizon's xLTE (bands 4+13).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trug View Post
    That's the one I got and I'm getting from 6.5 to 7.5Mbps consistently for the last three days. I am currently upgrading my Windows 10 machine and Debian box with plenty left to surf on the phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kneemeister View Post
    That's the one I got and I'm getting from 6.5 to 7.5Mbps consistently for the last three days. I am currently upgrading my Windows 10 machine and Debian box with plenty left to surf on the phone.
    Did you set the SIM card in the MoFi configuration as Auto or Cricket?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

4GHS Rural Internet

Quote Originally Posted by markdiesel View Post
    This really does vary, Slagish. On my unlimited plan I haven't seen triple digit latency in months - it typically is in the 40s and 50s. The wife's line isn't the U/L plan and typically sees 90s ms latency.
    Yea I figure as much but that's what he related.

Here in the Chicago area, Cricket through our phones get around 160-190 average ping. So maybe that's why he mentioned it.

I'm sure if you live closer to California, your ping would be awesome!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manhole View Post
    It does everything it says it does, and does it well. There's not much more to really say :-)

The SIM4 model has a Sierra Wireless modem in it. The older SIM3 model had a ZTE modem in it. In the same exact location I'm getting a much stronger signal with the SIM4 model (about 20 - 25 db), so this is a huge improvement for me. The SIM4 Sierra Wireless modem also supports carrier aggregation including Verizon's xLTE (bands 4+13).
    Thanks for the info, sounds like a real winner!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast