Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: 4GHS Rural Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyucca View Post
    Yes, that's correct.

I got the 4gas ATT sim and it doesn't work, either. Idk wtf the problem is. Cricket hasn't shut me off, yet, but it's coming any day, I assume.
    What **** hole this country is. You'd have better internet as a rice farmer in Asia. What a joke.
    I have the 4GAS cricket plan and was actually shut off by cricket over the weekend. I also received a tethering warning text message sent to my MoFi 4500 router. 4GAS supposedly took care of it but I was shut down right on schedule with the warning text. Luckily after a phone call to 4GAS they had service turned back on within an hour. They told me cricket has been doing weird things. Im not sure if they actually have a special arrangement with them or not but I might have to switch to the tmobile unlimited plan, especially now that cricket deprioritizes after 22gb and tmobile is 28-30gb. Luckily i have both tmobile and att towers near by.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 84convertablegt View Post
    I have the 4GAS cricket plan and was actually shut off by cricket over the weekend. I also received a tethering warning text message sent to my MoFi 4500 router. 4GAS supposedly took care of it but I was shut down right on schedule with the warning text. Luckily after a phone call to 4GAS they had service turned back on within an hour. They told me cricket has been doing weird things. Im not sure if they actually have a special arrangement with them or not but I might have to switch to the tmobile unlimited plan, especially now that cricket deprioritizes after 22gb and tmobile is 28-30gb. Luckily i have both tmobile and att towers near by.
    I dumped this setup altogether. It just won't work. Using a ZTE mobley with car plan for 22/mo after taxes.

Feedback Score
    i've had the cricket plan with 4gas since last november and have been satisfied. yesterday i received a sim card from 4gas and a short notice that my account has been upgraded to att (naturally, that also involved an upcharge).
    rep tells me i have no choice but to upgrade! no prior warning, no email, nothing!
    anybody else going through the same thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiburonfirst View Post
    i've had the cricket plan with 4gas since last november and have been satisfied. yesterday i received a sim card from 4gas and a short notice that my account has been upgraded to att (naturally, that also involved an upcharge).
    rep tells me i have no choice but to upgrade! no prior warning, no email, nothing!
    cricket has been updated to use the AT&T servers now.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiburonfirst View Post
    Really? I sure hope not. I have four of these running on the T-Mobile tower right down the street. It just is affordable, I will have to terminate if they want more money

Feedback Score
    This happened to me also. Had to call to get a new setting in the mofi4500 modem. Lady said we might get a speed bump up, but we did not see any. Just a price increase.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgsnellg75 View Post
    This happened to me also. Had to call to get a new setting in the mofi4500 modem. Lady said we might get a speed bump up, but we did not see any. Just a price increase.
    i got a mifo 4500 and i am trying to get the proper antenna to see if i can get a better speed. i am on att 4gas plan. i am getting about 7mps i am in the country.

Feedback Score
    kinda of an update:

I have a ZTE Mobley with external antennas tethered to wifi. Signal is absolute dog **** at this particular location (think -100+), BUT it still gets 10-20 Mb for 22/mo.

I have three routers daisy chained to cover the whole property.

Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    i got a mifo 4500 and i am trying to get the proper antenna to see if i can get a better speed. i am on att 4gas plan. i am getting about 7mps i am in the country.

I believe that's what you're limited to on HSPA if the rules are the same as the cricket plan. I'd wager you don't have LTE or signal is too low.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    Please post back if you have any success. I have tried a flat panel type antenna with no luck.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgsnellg75 View Post
    Please post back if you have any success. I have tried a flat panel type antenna with no luck.
    here is what i am getting with the extra gain antenna from mofi. Signal Strength: -103 (dBm) (Fair)
    Signal Quality: -13.6

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17