Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Mobi site is now promoting chatr enter your number to see your new plan

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    My Brazilian friends would argue that since we are contiguously connected, we are all part of the American continent and so there is no North or South America...

Let's pitch that to Rogers... Free roaming all across the Americas?
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Offer finally updated to NAM 20GB, $50. No alternate.
    Original offer was province-wide 6GB, $35.

So for $15 more, +14GB, US & Canada LD, out-of-zone outgoing calls, 30min NA roaming.

On Mobi I have province-wide with 20GB, $35/mo. I shouldn't complain, but..
    There were 1 or 2 reports on RFD of a 20GB offer for less than $50. No screenshots.
    Anyone here?

There's still just the one 20GB NAM PPU chart, 713.

Feedback Score
    got this text today
    Mobilicity: As of September 16, 2016, you will not be able to make changes to your current Mobilicity plan. We need this time to help prepare for our move over to chatr. If you would like to make any changes to your Mobilicity account, make sure you do so before September 16, 2016.

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    If they're offering 20gb for less than $50, I'm going to be one really piss off mofo.
    please keep us posted if anything develops around this.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Offer finally updated to NAM 20GB, $50. No alternate.
    Original offer was province-wide 6GB, $35.

So for $15 more, +14GB, US & Canada LD, out-of-zone outgoing calls, 30min NA roaming.

On Mobi I have province-wide with 20GB, $35/mo. I shouldn't complain, but..
    There were 1 or 2 reports on RFD of a 20GB offer for less than $50. No screenshots.
    Anyone here?

There's still just the one 20GB NAM PPU chart, 713.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    The Wikipedia article I referenced definitely lists Mexico, Cuba, Caribbean islands as being officially part of North America.

Mexico is officially part of North America. Mexico is part of NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement). Many people say North America loosely when they really mean Canada-mainland USA. I hope Chatr isn't being loose. Remember, their original offers were sloppy with phrases such as "North International"!

I agree with you about Cuba and the Caribbean. I don't think of them as being part of North America. But when I was in Varadero Cuba this year, the Cubans pointed out how we were only 90 miles south of Miami.

Let's hope Chatr observes the official definition of North America! I'm going back to Cuba next year.
    Cuba is not (and has never been) part of North America. It belongs to Central America and the Caribbean. It's one thing being very close and a completely different one being there. I am Cuban and we were always taught that we were part of Central American and the Caribbean.

That being cleared, Chatr doesn't even have paid roaming in Cuba, so there's no way the 30 mins include there.

As for Mexico, yes, they are part of NAFTA, but they're are also part of Central America. The naming was merely a simplification (it wouldn't sound very catchy to call it "North America and Mexico Free Trade Agreement" -NAMFTA). There's been a trend as of lately to include them with North America (I presume, pushed/encouraged by the Mexican themselves) but they are not, geographically speaking. North America is only Canada and the USA.

In other words, Wikipedia is inaccurate Whoever wrote it thought of the Americas as divided in two, i.e. North and South, when in reality it's three: North, Central (plus Caribbean), and South.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    In other words, Wikipedia is inaccurate
    Is this possible? You mean, everything I read on the internets is not always correct?

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    Cuba is not (and has never been) part of North America. It belongs to Central America and the Caribbean. It's one thing being very close and a completely different one being there. I am Cuban and we were always taught that we were part of Central American and the Caribbean.
    Technically, Cuba is located on the geographic "North American Plate", and is north of the Caribbean Plate. The vast majority of Mexico also lies on the North American plate: http://www.earthscope.org/images/rem...-tectonics.gif

But regardless, we know Rogers meant Canada and continental USA for the 30 minutes of roaming.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score

Mobi site is now promoting chatr enter your number to see your new plan

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    (...)

But regardless, we know Rogers meant Canada and continental USA for the 30 minutes of roaming.
    Almost correct. This is verified by logging in to the My Chatr Move site. At the very bottom of your "Exclusive Chatr Plans" page it says:

North American roaming
    We do things a little differently at chatr. While Mobilicity's North American roaming bundles are not available on our network, you can continue to roam in the US**. Or if you are roaming internationally, be sure to swap your SIM card at your local store. And remember to top up your wallet balance before you go as chatr's roaming rates will apply.

**US includes the continental US, Alaska, Hawaii.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone was migrated to Chatr already or at least got a text with approximate date? I have picked my new chatr plan two weeks ago and still nothing.
    Not to mention that my current plan with mobi does not have data and it's really inconvenient.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Is anyone was migrated to Chatr already or at least got a text with approximate date? I have picked my new chatr plan two weeks ago and still nothing.
    Not to mention that my current plan with mobi does not have data and it's really inconvenient.

End of this month.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Hopefully this info is correct.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Does your new plan contain data? I was only offered one option, which was essentially my exact plan, but I heard some people were offered two.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_torch View Post
    Does your new plan contain data? I was only offered one option, which was essentially my exact plan, but I heard some people were offered two.
    Yes, I was given two plans. One for 20 talk and text only (the same one I have now) and another one for 30 with data(I had it previously too).
    So if you don't have one with data, I can send you screen shot and you can request it from Robbers Wireless)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17