telus bb 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wow. I wonder if it is a typo in the pay per charges

Out-of-zone

Incoming calls 25 cents
    Outgoing calls included
    All texting is included in out of zone areas as well.

Sent from my Z30 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I only got one option for $40/month
    Which is pretty much the same as my current plan, but looks like they added International Talk Saver. This plus faster data and bigger coverage... is not what I expected from rogers!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 888
Size:  23.6 KB

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Also notice in the above, Out of zone calls -
    Outbound calls included, but
    Incoming calls are .25 /min ??
    I see this too. Do you think this is a typo? lol

It would mean that I have unlimited outgoing calls and SMS all across Canada and the US (but still pay for incoming out of the zone)?

Feedback Score
    There's another weird PPU entry, on the $25 plan, data "out of zone" overage charge is "n/a" , on the $35 plan it's $0.05/mb

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    So to summarize, they are price matching.
    And we keep 6GB data.

If your Mobi plan did not have data, for $10 more you can choose a 6GB plan.
    If you were on province-wide, for $10 more you can get NAM.

And the zones are the larger zones as displayed on http://mobilicity.ca/coverage-map

Really, we could not have hoped for better.

--
    except 20GB may become a fond Mobi memory..
    Nope. I got it! Hooray! Have to pay $10 more for it but it's better than I hoped.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    I was given the $30 unlimited plan, minus the 30 min roaming. No other option given to me. Not bad... For now... Till Rogers decide to up the price plan in a year or two.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taezer View Post
    I only got one option for $40/month
    Which is pretty much the same as my current plan, but looks like they added International Talk Saver. This plus faster data and bigger coverage... is not what I expected from rogers!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 888
Size:  23.6 KB
    What did you expect from them?
    Why do you assume it's going to be faster data? we have been on Robbers network since last fall and it was crappy data with 2MB speed cap
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I thought they were going to move us to their $40 plan with 1gb, so its a pleasant surprise. I assume it will be faster as its going to be 3mbps speed cap (increase from 2mbps) and hope that they will make it more usable (especially during peak times) since its on their brand now.

I was with mobilicity when they first launched and it was absolute crap... moved to telus and had horrible customer service experience. I moved to wind within 1 week of being on telus then moved back to mobilicity when I heard rogers bought mobilicity. Wind was just as bad as mobilicity when it first launched.

Ideally we all wanted mobilicity and wind to have succeeded... but at least now hopefully Chatr/Rogers will make the network a lot more usable. I definitely had better experiences with mobilicity in the past few months or so, than compared to mobilicity when it first started and when i was with wind.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
    Nope. I got it! Hooray! Have to pay $10 more for it but it's better than I hoped.
    What plan combo did you have?

I had the $25 province plan plus $20 for 20GB full speed data, but I'm not seeing this $50 plan that includes 20gb data.

I only see the $45 for 6GB plan, and the $35 for unlimited province... The only reason I'm with Mobi was the data, so I need to figure out how to get the plan that matches my $20 for 20gb...

Has anyone else had this issue, and who did you call/where did you go to resolve it?
    Last edited by canadian_kool; 07-28-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: clarity
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    BB Passport, MS 650DS, W10 Alcatel Idol 4s
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Personally I don't think I could stand a 3Mb/s cap and I never knew Mobilicity had the cap at 2Mb/s, that's awful! I'm not trying to convince any of you to jump over to WIND but they've really shown some great improvements of the last couple of years, especially over the last couple of months in Toronto, hitting 12Mb/s inside my home and around 16Mb/s outside. I could never go back to 3 again!

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    What plan combo did you have?
    I was paying $40 for like 4 years. I changed my plan only once to the $45 plan for $30 for the 30 minutes roaming and got the 20 GB add on for $10. I wish they kept the 30 minutes roaming because Rogers reception in Toronto is the worst out of the big 3. However I am generally happy with what was offered. I was deciding between going with Telus or bundling with my Bell services but with this and my wife being offered the same $30 for everything, looks like we'll stay.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    I had the $25 province plan plus $20 for 20GB full speed data, but I'm not seeing this $50 plan that includes 20gb data.
    Has anyone else had this issue, and who did you call/where did you go to resolve it?
    I submitted a complaint (mobi site contact form), for starters.

I'm thinking it may have been an oversight or glitch, based on Stephen Morris' getting a 20GB option. It could be as simple as the website script allowing only for an "Essentials plan" and one "Best Value" alternate. The province-wide mobi plans with 20GB addon would have 2 obvious alternates - NAM, and with 20GB.

Do some squawking canadian_kool. Anyone with 20GB and not seeing the option should complain. Surprisingly, it's there to be had.

--
    @Stephen - the $80 autopay credit amounts to 40min roaming for 8 months.
    Last edited by pjw918; 07-28-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Is the $80 bonus only for add ons or could be used towards the plan payments?
    Quote Originally Posted by zobi123 View Post
    The $80 bonus can be used for plan monthly payments but only after the promotion has expired and only after you remove the pre-authorized payment from your account.

Chatr autopay has always worked in a way such that it does not check the balance in your account at monthly renewal time and will always charge your card the preset amount (even if no top up was even needed). If you do not use your bonus credits, they will remain in your Chatr account balance. Once disabling autopay, any of those remaining bonus credits will be used to pay for monthly plan fees. But don't remove your autopay until after you receive all $80 or you will forfeit any remaining future credits.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    Personally I don't think I could stand a 3Mb/s cap and I never knew Mobilicity had the cap at 2Mb/s, that's awful! I'm not trying to convince any of you to jump over to WIND but they've really shown some great improvements of the last couple of years, especially over the last couple of months in Toronto, hitting 12Mb/s inside my home and around 16Mb/s outside. I could never go back to 3 again!
    I would rather have stable capped 3MB than Swiss cheese coverage WIND still have in Toronto in 2016!!!
    Even Mobi had better coverage(AWS) in Toronto comparing to WIND.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    sorry to break it to u but 2mbps is not the same as 2MB/s.... its more like 250kb/s

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast