Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Mobi site is now promoting chatr enter your number to see your new plan

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid mini
    Carrier(s)
    Rogerlicity
    Feedback Score
    On Mobies original network and on Rogers transition network ,mms went through the network no need for data or wifi to be on to receive them, looking at the Chatrs website data or wifi is needed to receive a mms I'm guessing there's no exceptions for Mobie customers.

I'm on the black Friday promo just talk and text haven't switched or seen the offer yet but keeping the wifi on is going to be big battery drain.
    Mobilicity $15.00 Promo plan + $5.00 increase under rogers ownership.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    anyone know if we move outside the data zone, data roaming will turn the usage off? I don't think chatr indicates if u are in or out of zone

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taezer View Post
    anyone know if we move outside the data zone, data roaming will turn the usage off?
    I don't think chatr indicates if u are in or out of zone
    There's a FAQ, you know. Now with useful answers.
    http://mobilicity.ca/support/chatrmoveFAQ

Will my phone work outside the unlimited coverage areas?

Yes! ...to check if you are in or out of an unlimited zone dial *#555# then press the send/call button for an on-screen notification. Remember pay-per-use rates apply when you are out of zone. http://mobilicity.ca/coverage-map

What happened to my out of zone indicator on my mobile?

Your roaming notification will disappear on your device screen as of September 20, 2016. This is the notification that reads “CDN Roaming” or “T-Mobile” when you roam out of zone. Remember when you are roaming outside of an unlimited zone you are subject to pay-per-use rates associated with your plan.

--
    When you "roam" outside the demarcated zones, you'll still be on the same Rogers network (most always).
    You won't be able to disable domestic (artificial) roaming using device settings, AFAIK.

At .25/min, there's ample opportunity for bill shock. (well, for balance depletion. it's prepaid)
    One of the Wireless Code's deficiencies, caps on voice overage were not mandated, and so none are deployed.
    Last edited by pjw918; 07-28-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post

Yes! ...to check if you are in or out of an unlimited zone dial *#555# then press the send/call button for an on-screen notification. Remember pay-per-use rates apply when you are out of zone. http://mobilicity.ca/coverage-map

Your roaming notification will disappear on your device screen as of September 20, 2016. This is the notification that reads “CDN Roaming” or “T-Mobile” when you roam out of zone. Remember when you are roaming outside of an unlimited zone you are subject to pay-per-use rates associated with your plan.

--
    When you "roam" outside the demarcated zones, you'll still be on the same Rogers network (most always).
    You won't be able to disable domestic (artificial) roaming using device settings, AFAIK. (someone confirm?)

At .25/min, there's ample opportunity for bill shock.
    One of the Wireless Code's deficiencies, caps on voice overage were not mandated, and so none are deployed.
    this actually very concerning since they used T-Mobile as an example (travelling to the US). CAD roaming rate for chatr is 0.05c/MB, but US is $6/MB...

Feedback Score
    I happened to roam onto Rogers network although I had the 'do not connect to roaming' setting activated. I believe this was because their network was not set up properly. When I called to complain the lady told me that I should uninstall all apps that connect to the internet (whatsapp, facebook, etc). that way I make sure my phone will not connect to the internet.... I was speechless.
    so there, you should uninstall/delete all your apps each time you suspect you might be outside your zone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post

--
    You won't be able to disable domestic (artificial) roaming using device settings, AFAIK.

At .25/min, there's ample opportunity for bill shock. (well, for balance depletion. it's prepaid)
    I saw this. But I have a hard time crediting it - so when Im heading to the US border, now I've got to play guess-your-network as I go across ? I really hope no R in that situation is not for real and it was just a bad example.

Device(s)
    SE TM506, Nokia N900, HTC MyTouch 4G, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Interesting pricing isn't it... the "best value plan" is the same features for everybody but the price depends on what you were on before.

I was on the $35 F&F plan and it's offering me:

Name:  Screenshot from 2016-07-28 14:18:28 - mobilicity.png
Views: 484
Size:  84.5 KB

The International Talk Saver reduces my international costs to the same rate that I was getting on Mobilicity.

I'll probably take the $45 plan for now & see how reliable the data is. I hate to be giving Rogers any money - this seems fairly similar to Wind's $45/5GB plan so I guess I've got options if it doesn't work out.

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote73 View Post
    I wonder what naysayers are going to be saying now that we're being grandfathered :>
    The naysayers are complaining that it's not LTE. They want lots of data, cheap and fast.

For these prices, I personally don't mind 3G-speeds in the range of 3Mbps as long as it works consistently.

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taezer View Post
    anyone know if we move outside the data zone, data roaming will turn the usage off? I don't think chatr indicates if u are in or out of zone
    This is how Rogers drained my Mobilicity MyWallet account when we moved off . It used to have $10 in it, but slowly, the roaming charges siphoned it all away. I definitely had Roaming data turned off in Android settings.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
    Nope. I got it! Hooray! Have to pay $10 more for it but it's better than I hoped.
    What was your 'Essentials Plan' ?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quack604 View Post
    Interesting pricing isn't it... the "best value plan" is the same features for everybody but the price depends on what you were on before.

I was on the $35 F&F plan and it's offering me:
    Based on what has been posted so far you should be seeing 6GB in the 'Essentials' offer, not 2GB, if you were on the old F&F plan.
    Only those who signed up since the new rate card in March would have 2GB Mobi plans and should see 'comparable' 2GB offers.
    Last edited by pjw918; 07-28-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
    This is how Rogers drained my Mobilicity MyWallet account when we moved off . It used to have $10 in it, but slowly, the roaming charges siphoned it all away. I definitely had Roaming data turned off in Android settings.
    What concerns me is that on mobilicity FAQ, they used T-Mobile as an example. Whenever I went to the US, my phone stopped roaming data, but this sounds like even US roaming won't be blocked once we are on Chatr.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Pardon my ignorance, I've never been a Mobi customer, but that transition page popped up in my Google Now feed because I've been researching various cell plans lately.
    So do I understand it correctly that if you venture out of the home zone into the foreign network (ie: T-Mobile) the "no roaming data" setting will kick in and you won't have internet, but if you go outside of your home zone into the Rogers roaming zone, your phone wouldn't know it's roaming and will keep using data and incurring pay-per-use fees on data while outside of your home zone?

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stangri View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, I've never been a Mobi customer, but that transition page popped up in my Google Now feed because I've been researching various cell plans lately.
    So do I understand it correctly that if you venture out of the home zone into the foreign network (ie: T-Mobile) the "no roaming data" setting will kick in and you won't have internet, but if you go outside of your home zone into the Rogers roaming zone, your phone wouldn't know it's roaming and will keep using data and incurring pay-per-use fees on data while outside of your home zone?
    Most likely, as the so called "roaming" is artificial in this case, so there is no way the phone can distinguish that.Robbers has it's own network outside GTA. With MOBI it was their own network in GTA versus roaming on Robbers network outside major urban zones.

In this case, YOU would not know, but Rogers know that you roaming to charge you - full throttle ))))
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    ... the so called "roaming" is artificial in this case ...
    Not for your wallet!

I was with Chatr a long time ago and while both home zone and away zone were on Rogers network, I *believe* I could still see the status change on my phone. Now they've decided to do away with it, it might lead to over-charges for a lot of people.

I was tempted by the offers (even with the 3G speeds) and was considering sourcing a Mobi sim to get one of them, but while these plans are fantastic for city dwellers they'd be disastrous for me.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast