Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 253

Thread: Mobi site is now promoting chatr enter your number to see your new plan

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stangri View Post
    Not for your wallet!

    I was with Chatr a long time ago and while both home zone and away zone were on Rogers network, I *believe* I could still see the status change on my phone. Now they've decided to do away with it, it might lead to over-charges for a lot of people.

    I was tempted by the offers (even with the 3G speeds) and was considering sourcing a Mobi sim to get one of them, but while these plans are fantastic for city dwellers they'd be disastrous for me.
    Definitely not for our wallets)))
    I beleive regular Chatr plans do not have long distance province wide or Canada wide depending on plan.
    All this zones crap is just to distinguish lower tire plans like Mobi and compete with WIND zones
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    510
    Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    I submitted a complaint (mobi site contact form), for starters.

    I'm thinking it may have been an oversight or glitch, based on Stephen Morris' getting a 20GB option. Like him I'm paying $10 for the 20GB addon.
    It could be as simple as the website script allowing only for an "Essentials plan" and one "Best Value" alternate. The province-wide mobi plans with 20GB addon would have 2 obvious alternates - NAM, and with 20GB.

    Do some squawking canadian_kool. Anyone with 20GB and not seeing the option should complain. Surprisingly, it's there to be had.

    --
    @Stephen - the $80 autopay credit amounts to 40min roaming for 8 months.
    Yes, @pjw918, I emailed them and got the autoreply to expect an email within 3 days... If you hear back, please update us!

    I wonder what department is actually managing this transition, if I need to escalate this request... Is it Mobilicity customer care? Chatr care? Rogers care? A store? A "back office"? Rogers Retention?

    I need to keep the 20gb data plan, and we know it exists.
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!


    I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did anyone else notice that after signing up for new offer and submitting, if you log back into the chatr move site again it presents you with same process all over. Is that a glitch or has it saved your previous submission somewhere in the background?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    222
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    I submitted a complaint (mobi site contact form), for starters.

    I'm thinking it may have been an oversight or glitch, based on Stephen Morris' getting a 20GB option. It could be as simple as the website script allowing only for an "Essentials plan" and one "Best Value" alternate. The province-wide mobi plans with 20GB addon would have 2 obvious alternates - NAM, and with 20GB.

    Do some squawking canadian_kool. Anyone with 20GB and not seeing the option should complain. Surprisingly, it's there to be had.

    --
    @Stephen - the $80 autopay credit amounts to 40min roaming for 8 months.
    My wife and I only got one offer, not two. I think the plan is kind of based on the main plan before considering add-ons and the price of said plan.
    It's definitely not an oversight or glitch and I can't be the only one who got this offer. My account officially lists my plan as $45 + $20 so maybe they thought I was paying$65. Or maybe when I called them out on Twitter a few months back when they announced the move to Chatr and mentioned my 20GB caused them to change their mind so if by some very small chance I am the only one with this offer it would probably be because of that. I never meant to upset anyone by showing my offer. I just wanted to show that it exists.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    510
    Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
    My wife and I only got one offer, not two. I think the plan is kind of based on the main plan before considering add-ons and the price of said plan.
    It's definitely not an oversight or glitch and I can't be the only one who got this offer. My account officially lists my plan as $45 + $20 so maybe they thought I was paying$65. Or maybe when I called them out on Twitter a few months back when they announced the move to Chatr and mentioned my 20GB caused them to change their mind so if by some very small chance I am the only one with this offer it would probably be because of that. I never meant to upset anyone by showing my offer. I just wanted to show that it exists.
    Oh, I am not at all upset, and I'm very glad you told us about this. Thank you very much @Stephen Morris. I'm sure that many people were presented this option, so by us knowing about it, we can still try to get it.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
    My account officially lists my plan as $45 + $20 so maybe they thought I was paying$65...
    I never meant to upset anyone by showing my offer. I just wanted to show that it exists.
    We're glad you posted Stephen.
    What is the monthly cost of your Mobi plan?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    222
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    We're glad you posted Stephen.
    What is the monthly cost of your Mobi plan?
    $40 after the discounts.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    222
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Oh, I am not at all upset, and I'm very glad you told us about this. Thank you very much @Stephen Morris. I'm sure that many people were presented this option, so by us knowing about it, we can still try to get it.
    Good luck! Try using Twitter too. It might help.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    280
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    0
    That thing about not having the Cdn Roaming indicator on kind of bites. Fortunately I don't roam too often. I guess the solution is to keep my wallet empty, although if I'm going to get the $10/month credit for credit card autopay, that may get drained pretty quickly.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    280
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stangri View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, I've never been a Mobi customer, but that transition page popped up in my Google Now feed because I've been researching various cell plans lately.
    So do I understand it correctly that if you venture out of the home zone into the foreign network (ie: T-Mobile) the "no roaming data" setting will kick in and you won't have internet, but if you go outside of your home zone into the Rogers roaming zone, your phone wouldn't know it's roaming and will keep using data and incurring pay-per-use fees on data while outside of your home zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Most likely, as the so called "roaming" is artificial in this case, so there is no way the phone can distinguish that.Robbers has it's own network outside GTA. With MOBI it was their own network in GTA versus roaming on Robbers network outside major urban zones.

    In this case, YOU would not know, but Rogers know that you roaming to charge you - full throttle ))))
    The way they word it, to me makes it sound like roaming won't be blocked regardless of where we are:

    What happened to my out of zone indicator on my mobile?

    Your roaming notification will disappear on your device screen as of September 20, 2016. This is the notification that reads “CDN Roaming” or “T-Mobile” when you roam out of zone.
    So basically if you're in the U.S. you're going to have to manually disable the data on your phone.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    280
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iphone7 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that after signing up for new offer and submitting, if you log back into the chatr move site again it presents you with same process all over. Is that a glitch or has it saved your previous submission somewhere in the background?
    If you go to screen #3 "Contact Info" it should show the contact info that you typed in the first time around, so your information is definitely preserved.

    My guess for the reason they allow you to go through the process again is because some customers were given multiple options, and this is to allow them to change their option if they change their minds between now and the transition date.

    Also shortly after you finished submitting your selection, you should have received a text message confirming the details of your selection.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    360
    Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel cool View Post
    On Mobies original network and on Rogers transition network ,mms went through the network no need for data or wifi to be on to receive them, looking at the Chatrs website data or wifi is needed to receive a mms I'm guessing there's no exceptions for Mobie customers.

    I'm on the black Friday promo just talk and text haven't switched or seen the offer yet but keeping the wifi on is going to be big battery drain.
    Forgive the question, but are you certain that the "data" option is not enabled on your device? I ask because we have two lines on the $15 Black Friday promo plan (talk/text/MMS) and the phones need to have data enabled for MMS to go through. This is separate from having a data plan.

    FYI the offers we received were as follows:

    $15 Unlimited in-zone Talk and Text
    - Unlimited in-zone Province-wide Talk
    - Unlimited in-zone North American Text/MMS
    - International Talk Saver
    - Voicemail
    - Unlimited incoming text, call display, call waiting, call forwarding and group calling

    $25 Unlimited in-zone Talk, Text & Data
    - Unlimited in-zone Province-wide Talk
    - Unlimited in-zone North American Text/MMS
    - 6 GB at 3G speed
    - International Talk Saver
    - Voicemail
    - Unlimited incoming text, call display, call waiting, call forwarding and group calling

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    60
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid mini
    Carrier(s)
    Rogerlicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tvisforme View Post
    Forgive the question, but are you certain that the "data" option is not enabled on your device? I ask because we have two lines on the $15 Black Friday promo plan (talk/text/MMS) and the phones need to have data enabled for MMS to go through. This is separate from having a data plan.

    FYI the offers we received were as follows:

    $15 Unlimited in-zone Talk and Text
    - Unlimited in-zone Province-wide Talk
    - Unlimited in-zone North American Text/MMS
    - International Talk Saver
    - Voicemail
    - Unlimited incoming text, call display, call waiting, call forwarding and group calling

    $25 Unlimited in-zone Talk, Text & Data
    - Unlimited in-zone Province-wide Talk
    - Unlimited in-zone North American Text/MMS
    - 6 GB at 3G speed
    - International Talk Saver
    - Voicemail
    - Unlimited incoming text, call display, call waiting, call forwarding and group calling

    hi tvisforme
    Everything is working as normal I'm sending/receiving MMS(images) with out having wifi or any data add on
    because I haven't taken any chatr offer yet and switch over, my Data enabled is on,the $25 plan would allow to send mms because it comes with data but I'm not sure about $15 plan cause I was on the Chatr site FAQs it says
    " You need to add a 500MB, 1 GB or 2GB data add-on to your plan, to be able to send picture and video messages"

    Maybe if possible some one on here has done the switch already with basic talk and text and possibly enlighten us if they can still send and receive mms with out data / Wi-Fi
    Mobilicity $15.00 Promo plan + $5.00 increase under rogers ownership.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    360
    Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    The pricing for the plans is better than I expected, although I will miss the free texting while roaming. Is there any confirmation as to the cost for roaming fees? Chatr's site has several different price schemes, one that Mobilicity customers are linked to and one accessible to the public. Also, what is the cost for roaming texts in Canada? The page we link to lists it as 25 cents per minute, which looks like either a typo or an inadvertent cut-and-paste from a talk-time entry.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    280
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does this make sense? Why would outgoing out-of-zone calls and texts be included, but out-of-zone incoming calls are charged per minute?

    It also seems to imply that I can make unlimited LD calls while I'm roaming from the U.S.

    It's got to be a typo.

    I'm currently on the Mobi $45 plan.

    Name:  Chatr in and out zone.png
Views: 545
Size:  71.0 KB

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is now a good Time of Year to buy a new phone
    By antb in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 08:38 PM
  2. November 24th is the day you get your number to keep!
    By kreamedkorn4 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 06:13 PM
  3. My 3650 site is now officially underground :(
    By 3650addict in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 10:16 PM
  4. Neonode site is now up!
    By Freak in forum Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 07:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks