Page 1 of 182 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom Mobile (vzw)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score

Boom Mobile (vzw)

Is anyone familiar with Boom Mobile? Looks like they offer 2gb and unlimited talk and text for Verizon for $30 https://www.boom.us/plans/individual

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm not, but that's a pretty slick website. Their $40 plan is a pretty great deal for anyone who's looking for unlimited throttled data. $5 cheaper than Straight Talk.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This da same Boom as the Kitty Wireless one?

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I think it is...

I don't believe that Boom! is owned by PW/KW/Unified Signal, rather I think it's a completely separate company (Enhanced Communications Group -- based in OK). They only stated that they "represent" Boom!, and that was early Spring, presumably before the Unified deal.

My recollection is that KW was lining up other MVNOs to represent when PP reduced commissions the last go-round. There were supposed to be a few different options, but things stopped in their tracks shortly after the announcement that Boom! (and others) were coming. MY OWN assumption is that the Unified Deal for Puppy Wireless started to crystalize around that time so nothing really happened with Boom! (other than a single thread in the Boom! sub-forum over there).

FWIW, $29.99 for 2GB + Unlimited T&T is a very good deal on VZW. This looks to be some sort of summer special on the Boom! website, as I recall looking at their plans when this was first announced and it was way more than $30 (maybe $50).

Feedback Score
    I signed up last week, one thing their website doesn't really state is they include the sales tax and fees in the price.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimac View Post
    I signed up last week, one thing their website doesn't really state is they include the sales tax and fees in the price.
    Thanks for that. That's always important to know.

Feedback Score
    Hello all, recently I have been on the hunt for a cheap (if not the cheapest) Unlimited Talk & Text w/ no data plan on the Verizon network for a relative. The Verizon network, iPhone Visual Voicemail, and MMS are a must for my uncle. National roaming would be appreciated but not necessary for him.

Verizon's current offerings for a single line are a complete ripoff--$60+ for just one phone and 2GB?? The ideal plan would be Verizon's 'MyGigs' plan which costs $25 (with line access fee included) + Tax + PAYG Data at $10/GB and would include all the Post-Paid goodies such as DPP, Wi-Fi Calling/VoLTE, full roaming, Post-Paid support, etc. Unfortunately that plan is only available to Hawaii and Alaska customers and is enforced by requiring an Alaska or Hawaii service address. So, I've been debating on either Total Wireless' $25 Unlimited Talk & Text plan or Verizon Prepaid's own $30 "Wi-Fi Only" plan.

Both would end up costing about the same as Total Wireless would be ~$30.92/month with taxes and Verizon Prepaid would be an even $30 if the reloads are bought through CallingMart (which would also give CallingMart "Points"). The main pros for Total Wireless are that Data can be purchased for $10/3GB which is pretty darn impressive especially since it never seems to expire. This data would provide the ability to MMS, so a one time purchase of the $10 3GB addon would last my uncle a really long time. The cons, however, are no iPhone Visual Voicemail and since Total is a TracFone brand, support would practically be non-existent. On the other hand, the pros for Verizon Prepaid are that MMS is included without having to buy a Data topup, support would be better than TracFone's, and if any Verizon MVNOs are to get WiFi Calling/VoLTE anytime soon, Verizon's own in-house brand would probably be the first to get it. The cons are that there is no way to buy data on the Wi-Fi Only plan and even though it includes MMS and Visual Voicemail support, Visual Voicemail itself won't work as it requires cellular data.

Today I came across this thread and quickly jumped on the Boom! website. After reading around and chatting with a support agent, it seems the $29.99 2GB plan includes: Visual Voicemail, National Roaming (Voice AND Data), Unlimited Throttled data after the initial 2GB, and like mentioned above, taxes and fees would be included so the price would be a flat $29.99, so pretty much on par with the other plans I have been looking at. This seems like the obvious no-brainer for my uncle's needs! He probably still won't use the Data allowance but having pretty much unlimited data at his disposal "just in case" is pure icing on the cake!

Does anyone else have any further experience with Boom! they can chime in with? I'm willing to test drive it as my daily carrier for a month to see how true it holds up; it does seem pretty promising at the moment.

Here is the transcript of the chat I had with 'Skyler' of Boom! Wireless:

[17:07:27] Stephen Galaxy: Hello, I am looking at your current plans for 'Network V' and I see the Pre-Paid 2GB plan is the same cost as the Post-Paid 500MB plan. What are the differences between Pre-Paid and post-Paid plans? Do the Post-Paid plans include roaming and Visual Voicemail on an iPhone?

[17:07:32] Skyler: Skyler joined conversation

[17:07:59] Skyler: Hello i can help you with that

[17:08:33] Skyler: Prepaid your pay for all your service upfront

[17:09:19] Skyler: yes postpaid includes roaming and visual voicemail

[17:09:25] Stephen Galaxy: Ok, I see. Then for postpaid you pay at the end of the month?/

[17:10:15] Stephen Galaxy: Does the Prepaid plan include roaming and visual voicemail?

[17:11:20] Skyler: Correct prepaid your pay for 30 days of service and once those 30 days are over your phone will shut off. Post paid your service would still continue and you will be billed monthly fees.

[17:11:40] Skyler: Prepaid includes roaming and visual voicemail as well

[17:12:13] Stephen Galaxy: What about Wi-Fi calling? Do you guys offer that?

[17:13:15] Skyler: We do but only on at&t network.

[17:14:09] Stephen Galaxy: Ah ok, I see. Another question, is the roaming that's included national roaming or international roaming?

[17:14:31] Skyler: National Roaming

[17:15:14] Stephen Galaxy: So the phone would work on any 'Extended' Verizon area for voice and data? Or just data?

[17:15:57] Skyler: It would be for voice and data

[17:16:51] Stephen Galaxy: And this would work on either the Pre-Paid or Post Paid plans right?

[17:16:59] Skyler: Correct.

[17:17:42] Stephen Galaxy: Awesome,awesome. One final question. Are taxes and fees included in your prices or will it be $29.99 + Tax?

[17:18:36] Skyler: Taxes and fees are all included. You would pay just 29.99.

[17:19:26] Stephen Galaxy: Even more awesome! Thank you very much for all your help. I shall be signing someone up for service soon.

[17:20:43] Skyler: Okay sounds great! My name is Skyler and if there is anything else i may help you with let me know

[17:21:13] Stephen Galaxy: Alright, thank you very much.

[17:21:38] Skyler: You are welcome.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sounds almost too good to be true. Please let us know if visual voicemail works if you decide to try it.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is boom mobile part of kitty wireless/puppy wireless?

http://www.kittyforums.net/showthrea...ireless-family!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Stephen Galaxy, if you test Boom, are you near any areas that would be considered Vzw extended network that you could test?

Including the full Vzw postpaid network for voice and data for a Vzw MVNO would be unheard of. Two Vzw MVNOs included voice roaming on the Vzw extended network for no extra cost, but no data, Selectel and TalkForGood, but TalkForGood went out of business in 2013.

However, it has been reported that all Vzw MVNO can get LTE data in Vzw LTEiRA covered areas, but no 3G data.

Feedback Score
    Boom mobile on verizon looks very good to me. Does anyone know if they support visual voice mail on iphones for their prepaid V plans? What about mms?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro2700 View Post
    Sounds almost too good to be true. Please let us know if visual voicemail works if you decide to try it.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Stephen Galaxy, if you test Boom, are you near any areas that would be considered Vzw extended network that you could test?

Including the full Vzw postpaid network for voice and data for a Vzw MVNO would be unheard of. Two Vzw MVNOs included voice roaming on the Vzw extended network for no extra cost, but no data, Selectel and TalkForGood, but TalkForGood went out of business in 2013.

However, it has been reported that all Vzw MVNO can get LTE data in Vzw LTEiRA covered areas, but no 3G data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennettg View Post
    Boom mobile on verizon looks very good to me. Does anyone know if they support visual voice mail on iphones for their prepaid V plans? What about mms?
    I've decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on this. I shall be porting over my personal number to Boom! Mobile later on today or tomorrow and use it as my daily carrier for a whole month. Throughout the month I will be examining and testing what works and what doesn't and posting my findings on this thread. Hopefully I cover all the nooks and crannies. If this is as good as it claims to be, this very well may be the best deal in prepaid phone service.

Unfortunately, I live in a big city and won't be going anywhere outside Verizon's native coverage area anytime soon, so I won't be able to test wether the roaming claims are true or not.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Galaxy View Post
    Hopefully I cover all the nooks and crannies.
    One question I had from the posted text conversation would be how a second month on prepaid might work, since personally I'm not interested in my phone shutting off after a month. There was one comment that refills on Envie Mobile were not ideal in comparison to other service providers, so if I was considering using this service checking on how prepaid refills are handled would be something I'd look into before beginning.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6#post16674406

Unfortunately, I live in a big city and won't be going anywhere outside Verizon's native coverage area anytime soon, so I won't be able to test wether the roaming claims are true or not.
    Verizon also can roam within the native coverage area. Verizon doesn't have a very good signal at my work, and my Page Plus phone roams nearly half the time at that location. According to the phono app on my phone it roams to Sprint, and since Page Plus does not offer roaming data, at those times I'm unable to access cellular data. Assuming their claims are true, you could potentially be able to call or use data if the phone roamed locally for a better signal.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    One question I had from the posted text conversation would be how a second month on prepaid might work, since personally I'm not interested in my phone shutting off after a month. There was one comment that refills on Envie Mobile were not ideal in comparison to other service providers, so if I was considering using this service checking on how prepaid refills are handled would be something I'd look into before beginning.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6#post16674406
    I chatted with Anthony, and asked him about dead time between renewals. His reply:
    [20:56:30] Anthony : No we have not seen any of that lag or 'dead time'.

I've got to get a new sig...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    One question I had from the posted text conversation would be how a second month on prepaid might work, since personally I'm not interested in my phone shutting off after a month.
    Since there's no PINs or similar as it seems with Boom!, I'm thinking the refill method will be similar to T-Mobile's or Boost Mobile's where you have an 'Account Balance' and you just add x amount of money to it and then it deducts the cost of your selected plan 1 day before it expires that way you get continuous service. I shall find out and report about that.

As for the roaming testing, at both home and work, Verizon trumps Sprint. With Verizon I get a constant 5 bars of LTE while with Sprint, I've rarely seen it above 2, so I don't think Verizon would roam onto Sprint due to low signal in my area.

Page 1 of 182 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast