Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom Mobile (vzw)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To the Boom Mobile rep:

Are the $29.99 and $39.99 (V) prices some sort of special, that will increase? Or is that the normal price??

I've got to get a new sig...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What kind of things can you do, and information can you see on the My Account page (for those with an account, obviously)?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boom! Mobile View Post
    We support Visual VM and it works great.
    Why does https://www.boom.us/plans/individual say "•Visual Voicemail available for iPhones only", with no mention Android at all in the first 3 plan descriptions?

Why is there no mention of Visual Voicemail in the other plan descriptions?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    boom! Mobile, can you give some verification that what has been reported in this thread so far is accurate, and that ALL of your plans using the Vzw network get full Vzw extended network roaming for voice, text, and cellular data? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Currently the MYACCOUNT page will allow you to
    • Change your Plan
    • Renew your Plan immediately
    • Renew at expiration
    • AutoPay
    • Top off your Data
    • Top off your Text
    • Top off your Minutes
    • Change your PIN
    • Change your email
    • Change your Plan
    • Change contact info

We believe in self-service and feel consumers should have access fully to their service. However, we are here and committed to help Via Phone, email, or Chat.

Future enhancements will include:
    • Change Device (tell us what IMEI you want to use, check compatibility)
    • Change your SIM
    • Change your phone number
    • Automated Text, email alerts

What enhancements do we need? You all seem very well versed into the prepaid world. What are some features you love or wish providers would have?
    That's a pretty good OLM setup. For me, that covers most of what I look for (especially with the future adds) but others here will chime in.

Thanks for the detailed overview.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Do any plans include off-network voice, text and data roaming? Are there limits on roaming or extra charges? There is no roaming charges at this time, our coverage includes the coverage map from the primary carrier. If we incur a excessive user we will reach out to them with a solution. We have not experienced in overly excessive users at this point in time. Our prepaid customers have the advantage to use the Postpaid network and our billing system manages the prepaid platform. Most prepaid MVNO’s only have prepaid network platforms from the carrier. We obviously reserve the right to change how we do this in the future. We are also a MVNE and will extend this ability to our dealer network.
    Well, that's impressive! I hope it can keep working as described for boom! in the long term.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Currently the MYACCOUNT page will allow you to
    • Change your Plan
    • Renew your Plan immediately
    • Renew at expiration
    • AutoPay
    • Top off your Data
    • Top off your Text
    • Top off your Minutes
    • Change your PIN
    • Change your email
    • Change your Plan
    • Change contact info

We believe in self-service and feel consumers should have access fully to their service. However, we are here and committed to help Via Phone, email, or Chat.

Future enhancements will include:
    • Change Device (tell us what IMEI you want to use, check compatibility)
    • Change your SIM
    • Change your phone number
    • Automated Text, email alerts

What enhancements do we need? You all seem very well versed into the prepaid world. What are some features you love or wish providers would have?
    Does the MYACCOUNT page allow users to see detailed usage records and remaining plan balances? How far back will the records go for an account?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Why does https://www.boom.us/plans/individual say "•Visual Voicemail available for iPhones only", with no mention Android at all in the first 3 plan descriptions?

iPhone VVM has long been established and is easier for carriers to deploy and implement. Up until now, VVM on Android has relied on either a carrier-branded app, a third-party app like YouMail or Google Voicemail, or the traditional 'dial-in' voicemail system. 'Built-in' VVM on Android is fairly new and very few phones support it, so carriers have lower of a demand to implement support for it. I may also be harder/more costly for the carriers to implement.

It would be fantastic if you guys could provide a clear summary of how national Roaming works on your service. What works (Talk, Text, and/or Data), when (in an "Extended" area, in a Roaming Partner Area, in a LTEiRA area, etc.), and if anything has to be done extra (add funds to your account, enable Roaming, etc.) in order for Roaming to work. It gets somewhat annoying having to "just hope" your phone works when you go visit new places, especially outside of big cities.

Feedback Score
    Do any plans include off-network voice, text and data roaming? Are there limits on roaming or extra charges? There is no roaming charges at this time, our coverage includes the coverage map from the primary carrier. If we incur a excessive user we will reach out to them with a solution. We have not experienced in overly excessive users at this point in time. Our prepaid customers have the advantage to use the Postpaid network and our billing system manages the prepaid platform. Most prepaid MVNO’s only have prepaid network platforms from the carrier. We obviously reserve the right to change how we do this in the future. We are also a MVNE and will extend this ability to our dealer network.
    WOW! Holy <expletive>! lol That is impressive. Certainly wrote my previous post too late. I might actually keep you guys as my primary carrier.

Feedback Score
    Does the $29.99/2GB plan include throttled data after the 2GB? The overage information says both cut-off and throttled for $0.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro2700 View Post
    Sounds almost too good to be true. Please let us know if visual voicemail works if you decide to try it.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk
    We support Visual VM and it works great.

Currently we only have access to Visual Voicemail natively on the iPhone. If you’re looking for a visual voicemail option there are plenty in the Play store for free, but we recommend Youmail. Also see this post from another user: iPhone VVM has long been established and is easier for carriers to deploy and implement. Up until now, VVM on Android has relied on either a carrier-branded app, a third-party app like YouMail or Google Voicemail, or the traditional 'dial-in' voicemail system. 'Built-in' VVM on Android is fairly new and very few phones support it, so carriers have lower of a demand to implement support for it. I may also be harder/more costly for the carriers to implement.
    Ok. But I think you sort of contradicted your previous answer? But thanks for the clarification.

Feedback Score
    Ok. But I think you sort of contradicted your previous answer? But thanks for the clarification.
    What they're saying is that there is Visual Voicemail for iPhone only, and for Android you will have to use YouMail or another solution until they implement support for Android's VVM.

There is a hard coded problem on the site. That language was meant for our postpaid plans. Is it cutoff after 2GB or 5GB and you are allowed to top up for 1Gb at $10, 2GB at $14 and 5GB $30. So if anyone signed up thinking anything otherwise we will refund your money and you are free to go elsewhere. I believe that the VZW network on the postpaid side is well worth it and it is still priced well.
    Thank you very much for this information! I too was under the impression that it would be unlimited throttled data after the 2 or 5GB of high speed data. Thanks for clearing that up.

On the same topic, since you guys are using the Verizon post-paid network, are data speeds capped at 5Mbps down and 2Mbps up like on other Verizon MVNOs or will we get the full speed of Verizon (~75+Mbps where I'm at)?

Feedback Score
    There is a hard coded problem on the site. That language was meant for our postpaid plans. Is it cutoff after 2GB or 5GB and you are allowed to top up for 1Gb at $10, 2GB at $14 and 5GB $30. So if anyone signed up thinking anything otherwise we will refund your money and you are free to go elsewhere. I believe that the VZW network on the postpaid side is well worth it and it is still priced well.
    Thanks. I really like the look of the $29.99 plan; just wish it had unlimited throttled data.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately it is....They treat all their MVNO's same when it comes to that topic. We have been on them often about it so we hope to see change soon.
    That's alright, I was kinda expecting that honestly. Still, for the price point, your service is a phenomenal deal!

Here's another question though: Are there any international options currently available or planned for the future? Like international roaming or international calls & text?

Feedback Score
    I understand....but for extra $10...the $39.99 plan gives you 5GB of data.
    Thanks - your plans are very competitive - I am considering bringing our two lines over to you instead of going to Total.

Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast