Page 4 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom Mobile (vzw)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug52 View Post
    So you're saying a Puppy Wireless customer can't/won't be allowed to switch to Boom?

Can you answer my question an answer also?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug52 View Post
    So you're saying a Puppy Wireless customer can't/won't be allowed to switch to Boom?
    I'm not quite sure on what area of the Boom! Mobile site I saw this, but they mentioned currently being unable to port from Verizon or another Verizon MVNO.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    What are the ping times?

Feedback Score
    what does one get by selecting a postpaid plan vs prepaid?
    the website does a poor job (no indication actually) in differentiating between the two types of plans.
    for example, why would anyone choose the $29 postpaid plan, when it only has 500mb, when the prepaid plan has 2gb?
    my suggestion would be to add this info to the website, in an easier to read manner. It is also somewhat confusing to see prepaid and postpaid plans all lumped together. I'd break it down into maybe 2 columns, one side prepaid and one side postpaid plans (with more detailed info pros/cons from each).
    Last edited by Qt0; 08-10-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boom! Mobile View Post
    We can handle ports of any kind. The issue is a port directly from VZW retail cost us more money. VZW charges us a higher rate if a customer comes from their retail. We can port from all other VZW MVNO's without occurring that higher cost. I hope that clears it up for you.
    Thanks for this info, it does clear up things. However, I have a relative who will be porting over to you guys from regular post-paid Verizon. Since it costs you guys more for those types of ports, will that cost be passed down to us in the form of an activation fee or do you not handle those types of ports and so we'd have to port to another carrier first then to you guys?

Feedback Score
    There is a hard coded problem on the site. That language was meant for our postpaid plans. Is it cutoff after 2GB or 5GB and you are allowed to top up for 1Gb at $10, 2GB at $14 and 5GB $30. So if anyone signed up thinking anything otherwise we will refund your money and you are free to go elsewhere. I believe that the VZW network on the postpaid side is well worth it and it is still priced well.
    I thought of a few more questions. We definitely appreciate your patience.

1. Are the data topups only valid during the billing period in which they were purchased?

2. Are the prepaid plans 30-day plans or month plans (for example, Cricket renews on the same day of each month, so it is true month)?

3. Does the OLAM allow for multiple lines? I understand you have family plans for other networks but I'd prefer to be able to manage multiple lines under a single account.

4. Any plans for shared data/family plans on Verizon? You have some features that Total Wireless doesn't have (hopefully better customer service, iPhone VVM) but their 2-line plan at $60 for 8gb shared is hard to compete with. Something like 2 lines for $60 with 5 or 6gb shared data would be fine for our two lines.

5. Auto-topup for data overages a possibility?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Once again I will be real careful in how I answer this because the parent company is a customer of ours as well. I will say if there are issues that you cant get resolved or your experience was poor and you were looking to leave then we would be an option. We will check those coming in from Puppy Wireless a little more thoroughly to make sure we are looking out for the best interest of our customer and potential new customer.
    Not sure that makes much sense to me, but I'll just move on. Good thing about prepaid, plenty of options available. Thanks for reply.

Feedback Score
    Does Boom have dealers besides Pw? Do they have an official dealer program?

Feedback Score
    WOW! Was just taking another look on the Boom! site and they silently just added a $19.99/month Unlimited Talk & Text with 250MB plan. This is essentially a Wi-Fi only plan with that teeny bit of data there for VVM and MMS to work. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the main reason I started looking into this is because my Uncle is in search of a cheap Talk and Text only plan on the Verizon network. It's settled we're both going to be porting over this weekend. That new plan is beyond perfect for him, especially since roaming is included!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Galaxy View Post
    they silently just added a $19.99/month Unlimited Talk & Text with 250MB plan.
    I agree it's a nice addition that compares rather favorably against Selectel's cheapest 4G LTE plan, and even the entry-level unlimited AT&T MVNO plans. It will be interesting to see if extra data can be purchased, similar to the other prepaid plans mentioned in post #33.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16701801

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    1. Are the data topups only valid during the billing period in which they were purchased? Data Top-ups start the day you buy it and expire at the end of Day 30.
    Is there any chance that the data top-ups could be changed to roll over until used up as long as there is an active plan being renewed every month?

For example, Total Wireless has a 3GB data add-on for $10 that never expires until it is used up as long as there is an active monthly plan.

I realize that you are much smaller than TW/America Movil, but even though you only offer a 1GB data add-on for $10, it would be a huge improvement if it could be made to never expire, as described above.

Just something to think about that would make your service a lot more desirable.

Feedback Score
    Is there any chance that you offer might roaming in Canada (and Mexico I guess for others)?

Since CDMA in Canada is still operated in very few areas by any Canadian carrier and is all but dead in Canada, it would need to be based on the new Verizon international GSM roaming and not on the old Verizon CDMA roaming.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    WOW! Was just taking another look on the Boom! site and they silently just added a $19.99/month Unlimited Talk & Text with 250MB plan. This is essentially a Wi-Fi only plan with that teeny bit of data there for VVM and MMS to work. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the main reason I started looking into this is because my Uncle is in search of a cheap Talk and Text only plan on the Verizon network. It's settled we're both going to be porting over this weekend. That new plan is beyond perfect for him, especially since roaming is included!
    Their site is pretty messed up.

Of the two $19.99 plans, one is titled "Prepaid Plan- No Data, Unlimited Talk & Text (3G Only)", and the other one is titled "Prepaid Plan- 250MB Unlimited Talk and Text (4G Devices ONLY)". It is very odd that the 3G only plan has no data, while the 4G only plan includes 250MB, because that is opposite of what other Vzw MVNOs generally offer.

By the way, the one with 250MB contradictorily indicates unlimited throttle AND cut off after 250MB!

I wish they could fix their website to be (close to) 100% accurate, so we could more confidently believe what is posted there.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I agree that it sounds very attractive, but you should wait to port until boom! addresses my last concern posted above.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Of the two $19.99 plans, one is titled "Prepaid Plan- No Data, Unlimited Talk & Text (3G Only)", and the other one is titled "Prepaid Plan- 250MB Unlimited Talk and Text (4G Devices ONLY)". It is very odd that the 3G only plan has no data, while the 4G only plan includes 250MB, because that is opposite of what other Vzw MVNOs generally offer.
    Yeah I found that odd as well. I also find it weird how they still have "3G Only" and "4G Only" plans given how almost every other MVNO is able to activate both types of devices on any plan. I'm guessing since Verizon is officially sunsetting their 3G network by 2019, MVNOs are starting to get charged higher rates for having 3G only service.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    By the way, the one with 250MB contradictorily indicates unlimited throttle AND cut off after 250MB!
    They explained this earlier on in this thread. These prepaid plans have a hard cap after the specified data allotment but the website is confusing due to a coding error. The postpaid plans they offer have the unlimited throttle.

Page 4 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast