Page 5 of 180 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom Mobile (vzw)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boom! Mobile View Post
    We will look into it. Right now it is set up to work like this.....your plan starts on Sept 1st and then you add a top up on Sept 15th....your plan would restart on Oct 1st and the top up would expire on Oct. 15th. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Ooh here's another question regarding the situation you just mentioned: What data gets used first the following month? The top up data or the regular plan data? Say I'm on the 2GB plan and I run out of data on the 15th of the month so I add a topup of 1GB. For the remainder of the month I only use 500MB of that 1GB. What happens the following month? Do I start off finishing up the remaining 500MB or do I start off with my regular 2GB allotment?

Also on a similar note. Is it possible to add data topups before our regular data is all used up? Say I have 500MB left of data but I'm going on a trip over the weekend and would need more data. Can I add a data topup then or would I have to wait until the entire allotment is depleted?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Galaxy View Post
    Ooh here's another question regarding the situation you just mentioned: What data gets used first the following month? The top up data or the regular plan data? Say I'm on the 2GB plan and I run out of data on the 15th of the month so I add a topup of 1GB. For the remainder of the month I only use 500MB of that 1GB. What happens the following month? Do I start off finishing up the remaining 500MB or do I start off with my regular 2GB allotment?

Also on a similar note. Is it possible to add data topups before our regular data is all used up? Say I have 500MB left of data but I'm going on a trip over the weekend and would need more data. Can I add a data topup then or would I have to wait until the entire allotment is depleted?
    Those are some good questions there!

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    what does one get by selecting a postpaid plan vs prepaid?
    I'd like to know this as well.

Feedback Score
    Based on customer feedback we have made some changes to this policy:

Boom! Mobile data top ups will be used in the following manner: If you buy a plan on Sept 1st with 2GB of data and then top up 1GB of data on Sept. 15th and at the end of the month you have 500MB of the top up left then it will rollover for 90 (Dec. 14th) days as long as you have an active account with Boom! Mobile. An active account means renewing the 30 day plan each month.
    WHOA. You guys work fast. 😳 So data can be added whenever (even if the original monthly allotment isn't used up) and it'll get used up after the original allotment is used BUT any unused amount rolls over for 90 days from the purchase date?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Question about the Business required plans. Is it 5GB, unlimited talk and text for $25/mo? What does it mean by 5GB or less $25/mo, 15GB or more $15/mo?

Also, when do you expect them to be available?

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much for all your help here Boom! Mobile rep. Really appreciate your patience and dedication to answering the random questions we've been throwing at you. This thread should very well become the official thread/wiki for Boom! Mobile.

I do have two more questions, however. The first I'm actually surprised it hasn't been asked yet:

Hotspot. Do your plans include Mobile Hotspot on compatible phones? And if so, does it cost extra, need to be enabled, etc.?

Porting Out. In the event we would like to port out from you guys, given how you are so far very transparent, would all the necessary info (Account Number, PIN, etc.) be found online or would we have to contact customer service im order to get that info?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That section should have said coming soon across the top because it hasn't been completed. That section should be completed by the first of next week. Do you want us to give you a quote on a business plan? If so I need you to give me some info.
    Did you mean the 1st of next month, Sept. 1?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Boom! Mobile data top ups will be used in the following manner: If you buy a plan on Sept 1st with 2GB of data and then top up 1GB of data on Sept. 15th and at the end of the month you have 500MB of the top up left then it will rollover for 90 (Dec. 14th) days as long as you have an active account with Boom! Mobile. An active account means renewing the 30 day plan each month.
    That seems rather reasonable. Do you offer additional data on the $19.99 unlimited plan, similar to the other prepaid plans?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16701801

Device(s)
    various - old and new
    Carrier(s)
    Puppy Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Boom is sounding Better and Better...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marbob_t View Post
    Boom is sounding Better and Better...
    Agreed. Just the responsiveness in this thread is reassuring. I've been contemplating moving the last line I'm holding with PagePlus to another carrier and this may just be where that line goes now...

Feedback Score
    Are there any plans to add a low use prepaid plan? For example, we have a "backup phone" that gets used when a phone breaks, or when we need to leave a phone for emergency use (like when the babysitter forgets their phone as we dont have a landline).

Thanks

Aaron Z

Feedback Score
    For now the cheapest plan we have is $14.99 for 250 mins and 250 texts and we have a $19.99 for unlimited talk and text.
    In this case, I think we have used a whole 60 minutes in the last year (and most of those was due to my wife using it while she waited for her phone to arrive after she broke her RazrM in the recliner (it broke such that the touchscreen till worked, but not the display), so that would be way overkill. It is currently on Puppy's $80/year plan.

Also, do other SIMs (such as Puppy/UNSI SIMs) work on Boom! or would I need new sims if I were to switch (looking for a little more data at the $30/month level)?

Aaron Z

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about jumping over next week. My Cricket renewal is on the 22nd. How quickly do you guys ship SIMs?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Based on customer feedback we have made some changes to this policy:

90 days is definitely better than 30, so thank you for that, however, not quite what I think a lot of people are looking for.

If you can't do unlimited forever rollover of data top ups, could you consider 365 day expiration of data top ups? It seems like with an active plan, which should be paying the line overhead, extending the expiration to 365 days shouldn't cost you any extra, would it?

Device(s)
    Samsung Smooth (U350)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    90 days is definitely better than 30, so thank you for that, however, not quite what I think a lot of people are looking for.

If you can't do unlimited forever rollover of data top ups, could you consider 365 day expiration of data top ups? It seems like with an active plan, which should be paying the line overhead, extending the expiration to 365 days shouldn't cost you any extra, would it?
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure that would be much more enticing for me and others that don't use much data. However, unlimited forever would be fantastic. I'd even be willing to pay a bit more for the data if it never expired as long as the line remained active.

Page 5 of 180 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast