Page 178 of 181 FirstFirst ... 78 128 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2704

Thread: Boom Mobile (vzw)

  1. #2656
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    223
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxman1 View Post
    No, never. Before Boom, I had Page Plus. But I did recently install the LineageOS ROM on it. Perhaps the APN came in that ROM.
    Page Plus and StraightTalk are all owned by American Movil (Tracfone also, etc.) So could be the APN from Page Plus service time.

  2. #2657
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    223
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Verizon again has updated their maps interface on their web site and now has 4 different coverage map links for the different 4G LTE, 3G, Prepaid etc.

  3. #2658
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    119
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Boom SIM or did you reuse an old non-Boom SIM?


    Other than the name (Straight Talk) that's the same APN I had on TF in 2015 and then Verizon post paid in 2016.

    I could are the name being pulled from the SIM.
    I got a new Boom SIM when I ported to Boom.

  4. #2659
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    119
    Feedback Score
    0
    So how is the APN supposed to get set? Is the phone supposed to get it automatically from the network somehow? I don't recall ever being told to manually set the APN when I've ported from one carrier to another. There has been discussion here about Boom changing the APN and I infer from that when it changes, somehow the phones should get updated with the new values.

    I see there is a page at boom support that says what the APN settings should be:
    https://support.boom.us/958074-boom-4G-APN-settings

    It says the settings should be:
    Name: Internet

    APN: EAAA.RDY.VZWENTP
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Service: not set
    MMSC: not set
    MMS proxy: not set
    MMS port: not set
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 480
    IP Version: IPV4
    Authentication Type: not set
    APN type: default,dun

    I tried changing the settings on my phone to match those, but I couldn't seem to create a new APN, and I could only modify some of the settings within the StraightTalk Verizon APN. Most of the settings matched, so I ended up with:
    Name: StraightTalk Verizon
    APN: EAAA.RDY.VZWENTP
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Service: not set
    MMSC: not set
    MMS proxy: not set
    MMS port: not set
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 480
    IP Version: IPV4/IP6
    Authentication Type: not set
    APN type: default,dun,supl

    when I use those settings, I get no data connectivity at all.

  5. #2660
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,470
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    0
    My wife's phone shows Name Verizon Internet APN VZWINTERNET. Data seems to be working normally. Should I change the APN settings to those on the Boom! website? I'm reluctant to make any changes given pdxman1's experience.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

  6. #2661
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NE USA
    Posts
    506
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxman1 View Post

    when I use those settings, I get no data connectivity at all.
    I had the same experience here. I occasionally get a message on my display to correct my APN, usually after an MMS is sent.
    Cell phone user since 1992 (Moto bag phone)!

  7. #2662
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    119
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxman1 View Post
    So how is the APN supposed to get set? Is the phone supposed to get it automatically from the network somehow? I don't recall ever being told to manually set the APN when I've ported from one carrier to another. There has been discussion here about Boom changing the APN and I infer from that when it changes, somehow the phones should get updated with the new values.

    I see there is a page at boom support that says what the APN settings should be:
    https://support.boom.us/958074-boom-4G-APN-settings

    It says the settings should be:
    Name: Internet

    APN: EAAA.RDY.VZWENTP
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Service: not set
    MMSC: not set
    MMS proxy: not set
    MMS port: not set
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 480
    IP Version: IPV4
    Authentication Type: not set
    APN type: default,dun

    I tried changing the settings on my phone to match those, but I couldn't seem to create a new APN, and I could only modify some of the settings within the StraightTalk Verizon APN. Most of the settings matched, so I ended up with:
    Name: StraightTalk Verizon
    APN: EAAA.RDY.VZWENTP
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Service: not set
    MMSC: not set
    MMS proxy: not set
    MMS port: not set
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 480
    IP Version: IPV4/IP6
    Authentication Type: not set
    APN type: default,dun,supl

    when I use those settings, I get no data connectivity at all.
    Yesterday I got an email from Boom with the subject: boom! Mobile - Important Update Required. It said there were data network enhancements and that the android phones should update automatically. My phone did not update and data was not working, so I tried making the above changes (mainly changing the APN field to EAAA.RDY.VZWENTP) and now data is working with those settings. I won't have a chance to test my network speed until my current plan cycle is almost up. I only have 250 MB of data each month, so I try not to waste is on tests.

  8. #2663
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    My wife's phone shows Name Verizon Internet APN VZWINTERNET. Data seems to be working normally. Should I change the APN settings to those on the Boom! website? I'm reluctant to make any changes given pdxman1's experience.
    Don't change your APN unless you lose your data connection. I was without data for over a week because Boom switched me to the new network but my phone wouldn't accept the APN change. Currently I'm back on the old network with my original APN.

  9. #2664
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    294
    Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Boom Mobile (vzw)

    So far this APN thing seems to be a bust in my eyes. Manually changed my sister in laws iPhone and went from the standard 5mb, 1mb to .9 and .9 239ms it was barely usable. Jumped on chat and they said shut you phone of for 5 minutes which made zero difference. Now how to figure out how to put it back???
    Also so far none of the androids have automatically switched per the email. I don't think I want them to change either if this is the result. Just curious how much actual testing was done for this? I have my wife's line on another MNVO who recently went to their own APN and it is smokin fast.
    What is recommended at this time for APN issues?

  10. #2665
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    736
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by haas1994 View Post
    So far this APN thing seems to be a bust in my eyes. Manually changed my sister in laws iPhone and went from the standard 5mb, 1mb to .9 and .9 239ms it was barely usable. Jumped on chat and they said shut you phone of for 5 minutes which made zero difference. Now how to figure out how to put it back???
    Also so far none of the androids have automatically switched per the email. I don't think I want them to change either if this is the result. Just curious how much actual testing was done for this? I have my wife's line on another MNVO who recently went to their own APN and it is smokin fast.
    What is recommended at this time for APN issues?
    I'd open a ticket and put ATTN Charles in the body and include your MDN. Currently have a ticket open with them for similar issues and another one would be good to show it isn't me.

    Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

  11. #2666
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,501
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by haas1994 View Post
    I have my wife's line on another MNVO who recently went to their own APN and it is smokin fast.
    Is that TW? What is the APN?
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

  12. #2667
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NE USA
    Posts
    506
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by haas1994 View Post
    What is recommended at this time for APN issues?
    Good question. I just got the "Your APN is incorrect" message on my Galaxy S3 again after I received an MMS. The MMS came through however.

    I hope Boom! gets this resolved soon. It's becoming very annoying.

  13. #2668
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=haas1994;16911865]So far this APN thing seems to be a bust in my eyes. Manually changed my sister in laws iPhone and went from the standard 5mb, 1mb to .9 and .9 239ms it was barely usable. Jumped on chat and they said shut you phone of for 5 minutes which made zero difference. Now how to figure out how to put it back???
    Also so far none of the androids have automatically switched per the email. I don't think I want them to change either if this is the result. Just curious how much actual testing was done for this? I have my wife's line on another MNVO who recently went to their own APN and it is smokin fast.
    What is recommended at this time for APN issues?[/QUOTE

    For your first question, my phone has a "reset to default" for the APNs and that worked for me.

    I am on one of the Androids (at the time I was told that I was the only one) that they couldn't get to work with the new APN. Currently I am on the "old network". My concern is that if and when Boom totally switches my phone will be a Boom Brick.

    Is there anyone else on this forum that they couldn't get to work with the new APN?

  14. #2669
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    294
    Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Boom Mobile (vzw)

    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Is that TW? What is the APN?
    Yes it is
    The APN = TRACFONE.VZWENTP

    Also on my sister in laws iPhone Boom Support had her re download the new APN like 5 more time and now she is 3.35mb, 1.75mb and 98ms. That is very similar to the original so I am not sure what BOOMS plan is here? I thought is was going to be high throughput/high latency similar to the other MNVO's?

  15. #2670
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why would Boom be unable to solve a major issue after 5 months?
    They offered "throttling" plans but instead of throttling your data, you lose all service (calls, text, data).
    I have been having this issue for months now and EVERY month I lose service and it seems like they are unable to solve this problem.
    Maybe it because none of their current plans has the option for "throttling", so their system is no longer able to support automatic throttling of the so called accounts which were 'grandfathered'. I guess the only thing 'grandfathered' is the cost. Because the plan is certainly not the same.
    And when I say they engaged in "bait & switch" they deny it. But what else am I supposed to think after experiencing this problem continuously EVERY month since June??
    CrAp

Page 178 of 181 FirstFirst ... 78 128 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Buy Mobile VZW
    By sax65 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 07:42 AM
  2. VZW Mobile Office w/v60i
    By scottb in forum Motorola
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 03:51 PM
  3. VZW Mobile IP question
    By howensby in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 10:15 PM
  4. Mobile Web for Free on VZW, forget $7 a month!
    By janko10 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 10:24 AM
  5. Trying to setup VZW/MSN Mobile Alerts HELP!
    By e30sd in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-09-2002, 10:02 PM

Bookmarks