Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score

Mobilicity - Chatr Roaming

One very odd thing I have noticed

The borders (buffer) seem to have seriously expanded
    I have way more coverage until I roam compared to a few months ago

Also the oddest thing is even when roaming (it shows the little R on phone & I am way outside Mobi coverage zone) I can use data
    ?
    This is totally new and never happened before

Just to burn test it I even let the Google Play auto update all apps so I pulled a few hundred megs down

When (If) I switch to Chatr will I still get same results? Anyone else try?

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    One very odd thing I have noticed

The borders (buffer) seem to have seriously expanded
    I have way more coverage until I roam compared to a few months ago

Also the oddest thing is even when roaming (it shows the little R on phone & I am way outside Mobi coverage zone) I can use data
    ?
    This is totally new and never happened before

Just to burn test it I even let the Google Play auto update all apps so I pulled a few hundred megs down

When (If) I switch to Chatr will I still get same results? Anyone else try?
    Check your My Wallet. In my case, Rogers basically just drained all the funds out slowly.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Can anything seriously be done about the impending loss of the roaming indicator? Like are there any steps we can take to complain to regulators about this devious plan that Rogers has? Because I personally think that this is a despicable business practice and can start a dangerous precedent for carriers to cash in on consumers if it proves lucrative enough.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    As a follow up, after confirming with Chatr customer service
    All TXT are free
    All outgoing calls are free
    All incoming calls are free in zone
    This would appear to be why wallet balance not being destroyed and service area feels much larger

Feedback Score
    Now when u leave chatr zone it shows cdn roaming instead of mobilicity.. I dont have any wallet balance and my data stopped working.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by channi_loveable View Post
    Now when u leave chatr zone it shows cdn roaming instead of mobilicity.. I dont have any wallet balance and my data stopped working.
    You need to prepay for roaming data

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    I've been with Mobilicity since April. It has always shown "CDN Roaming" when I'm outside the Mobilicity zone (east Ajax and Oshawa). This is not new.

As posted here earlier, your data only stops working in a CDN Roaming area if you restart your phone or you lose cell connection (going in underground parking, etc).

I don't have any wallet balance either. I'm in North Oshawa right now with "CDN Roaming". If you see this post, data works without having any wallet balance.

You need to prepay for roaming data
    If you see this post, you don't have to prepay for roaming data. Just don't turn off and later turn on your phone, or lose cell connection in underground parking, etc.

Sending this message now with "CDN Roaming" in North Oshawa ...

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    I've been with Mobilicity since April. It has always shown "CDN Roaming" when I'm outside the Mobilicity zone (east Ajax and Oshawa). This is not new.

As posted here earlier, your data only stops working in a CDN Roaming area if you restart your phone or you lose cell connection (going in underground parking, etc).

I don't have any wallet balance either. I'm in North Oshawa right now with "CDN Roaming". If you see this post, data works without having any wallet balance.

If you see this post, you don't have to prepay for roaming data. Just don't turn off and later turn on your phone, or lose cell connection in underground parking, etc.

Sending this message now with "CDN Roaming" in North Oshawa ...
    I can confirm this his is 100% true. I've been with Mobi since the black friday special, and work Downtown Oshawa. The data continues to work until your phone disconnects completely from the network and re-registers.

I've posted this many time around the forums and on RFD.
    Current Plan
    $50 - T-Bay Unlimited Nationwide Minutes
    6GB
    Call Display/VM/Text

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just to check your phone settings, do you have "Data Roaming" turned on? On my iPhone this setting is under Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Data Roaming. I believe this has to be on if you're in a CDN Roaming area.

(On my Samsung Note 4 -- not on Mobilicity -- I think it's "More networks" -> "Mobile networks" -> "Data roaming".)

I have never had a wallet balance so it costs nothing to use data in a CDN Roaming zone. Just don't lose your connection to the cell network.

Feedback Score
    Can confirm that the new expanded coverage is functional already. I was able to obtain full signal and data (including after restarting phone) in Whitby earlier this week (Taunton/Brock st).

If the data bumps up to 3Mbps and is more reliable at peak periods once officially under Chatr, I think it's a win-win for everyone.

Nothing else comes remotely close to the value I'm getting at $25/month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Just to check your phone settings, do you have "Data Roaming" turned on? On my iPhone this setting is under Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Data Roaming. I believe this has to be on if you're in a CDN Roaming area.

(On my Samsung Note 4 -- not on Mobilicity -- I think it's "More networks" -> "Mobile networks" -> "Data roaming".)

I have never had a wallet balance so it costs nothing to use data in a CDN Roaming zone. Just don't lose your connection to the cell network.
    Yes i lost my signal cause i restarted my phone and data stopped working.
    But in later days i havent lost or restarted my phone and my data was working fine on youtube without buffering.
    Even in zones or out of zones.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes i lost my signal cause i restarted my phone and data stopped working.
    But in later days i havent lost or restarted my phone and my data was working fine on youtube without buffering.
    Even in zones or out of zones.
    I'm glad to hear that you're getting data now in CDN Roaming zones!

We'll be using Chatr data on Tuesday, September 20th, so we'll have bigger local zones then. Gee, it's only two and a half weeks away.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphone7 View Post
    Can confirm that the new expanded coverage is functional already. I was able to obtain full signal and data (including after restarting phone) in Whitby earlier this week (Taunton/Brock st).

If the data bumps up to 3Mbps and is more reliable at peak periods once officially under Chatr, I think it's a win-win for everyone.

Nothing else comes remotely close to the value I'm getting at $25/month.
    No, not working for me. My tablet ran out of juice, and I turned it on when I was at 401/Lake Ridge. Shows CDN Roaming, and data doesn't work. Did not try SMS or phone.

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As a follow up, after confirming with Chatr customer service
    All TXT are free
    All outgoing calls are free
    All incoming calls are free in zone
    This would appear to be why wallet balance not being destroyed and service area feels much larger
    Hi, I just wanted to follow up on this as we haven't switched over to the Chatr offer yet. Is this still accurate - texts and outgoing calls are free regardless of whether or not you are in a Chatr zone? At present, our Mobilicity lines allow us to send texts even while roaming (such as on Vancouver Island) without a wallet balance.

(For reference, our offers are the $15 Talk/Text or $25 Talk/Text/6 GB Data plans.)

Unlimited in-zone Talk, Text & Data
    INCLUDES:

• Unlimited in-zone Province-wide Talk
    • Unlimited in-zone North American Text/MMS
    • 6 GB at 3G speed
    • International Talk Saver
    • Voicemail

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvisforme View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to follow up on this as we haven't switched over to the Chatr offer yet. Is this still accurate - texts and outgoing calls are free regardless of whether or not you are in a Chatr zone?
    Depends on your offer. Check the migration site.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast