Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mobilicity - Chatr Roaming

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Depends on your offer. Check the migration site.
    I don't think out of zones rules depending on offer. All mobi and chatr plans are in zone.
    It would be nice to have free texts and outgoing calls out of zone but I don't believe it's gonna happen

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    I don't think out of zones rules depending on offer.
    If we can believe what the plans are offering, then it is certainly by plan. My new Chatr plan includes no charge for outgoing calls anywhere in Canada, and no charge for outgoing texts anywhere in Canada.

However, I am billed 25c per minute for incoming calls and 5c/MB for data.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    I don't think out of zones rules depending on offer.
    In fact:

Just a note: Pay-per-use rates differ by plan. Be sure to check which plan you are on, so you know the exact pay-per-use charges that will apply.
    (https://mychatrmove.info-mobilicity.ca/secure/ppu/709)

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_torch View Post
    If we can believe what the plans are offering, then it is certainly by plan. My new Chatr plan includes no charge for outgoing calls anywhere in Canada, and no charge for outgoing texts anywhere in Canada.

However, I am billed 25c per minute for incoming calls and 5c/MB for data.
    Interesting...
    My assumption was that all plans are limited by 2 things: 1.zones 2.no acces to lte speeds, just H+
    From business point it doesn't make much sense, as you can go to chatr and have canada wide plan and don't bother with Rogers offers.
    Wierd

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_torch View Post
    How much is your plan per month anyways?

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score

Mobilicity - Chatr Roaming

As reported here in two other threads, we seem to have been switched to Chatr data yesterday.

I'm in Ajax now that was formerly a "CDN Roaming" area, but it still shows as "CDN Roaming". Under Chatr's new larger local zones, Ajax, Whitby, and Oshawa should all be inside Chatr's eastern GTA border. Hmmm.

Well, at least data is still working here:

7:56 pm: 2.89 down, 1.26 up, 69 ping

Edit 1: Even though I'm in Ajax, both the Apple Weather app and Apple Maps say I'm in Courtice. Yes, Courtice is outside the GTA local zone. What has Rogers/Chatr/Mobilicity done? This never happened under Mobilicity.

Edit 2: My first edit was about 30 minutes after my post. Just minutes after my edit, my iPhone SE finally knows exactly where I am in Ajax according to Apple Maps, but I still see "CDN Roaming". Hmmm.
    Last edited by The_Night_Owl; 09-23-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    As reported here in two other threads, we seem to have been switched to Chatr data yesterday.
    I think transition is still ongoing
    In addition to the 2 normal networks "Mobilicity" & CDN Roaming" I have seen a 3rd network show up a few times (it says "Rogers Wireless" though, no mention of Chatr yet)

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    I think transition is still ongoing
    In addition to the 2 normal networks "Mobilicity" & CDN Roaming" I have seen a 3rd network show up a few times (it says "Rogers Wireless" though, no mention of Chatr yet)
    I think you're right. Last night when I went back to eastern Scarborough the "Mobilicity" display was back. This morning I'm in North Oshawa and I see "CDN Roaming" again.

But according to this text message I got from Mobilicity on Sep 16, new zoning rules should be in place by now:
    Mobilicity: Your roaming notification will disappear on your device screen as of September 20, 2016 when you are out of zone. This is the message that reads "CDN Roaming" or "T-Mobile". Remember, you are subject to pay-per-use rates when using your mobile out of zone.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    I think you're right. Last night when I went back to eastern Scarborough the "Mobilicity" display was back. This morning I'm in North Oshawa and I see "CDN Roaming" again.

But according to this text message I got from Mobilicity on Sep 16, new zoning rules should be in place by now:
    I'm sure I've been migrated. Here's why:
    - Data is considerably better and more reliable;
    - Call quality has improved (even between Mobilicity calls). About a month ago sometimes it would be unintelligible, to a point that I would have to hang up and call again. When I talk to someone on Fido, Rogers or Mobilicity, I hear HD voice now;
    - Public IP has changed and now is registered to Rogers Cable;
    - If I dial a "long distance" number, I now get a prompt asking me to dial "1" before to avoid a delay (this didn't happen with Mobilicity. I could dial to all North America with or without 1 and the call would simply go through).
    - When I do a manual network search, Mobilicity now shows LTE, 3G, 2G. Before, it used to show H+/4G. Now, I understand that we will not get LTE, but that's not because it's not available but because Rogers decided not to. This is interesting because all this time I was thinking that what they would do was to put us in their legacy 3g network, but my guess now is that they are letting us piggyback on the LTE network, and they're simply throttling us -this could explain why someone said above (or in another thread, sorry, I'm reading too many!) that they got 20 Mbps in Brampton/Mississauga, possibly before them tightening on the throttling on that area or to his account.
    - [EDIT] If I dial *#555# (Chatr's "smart" and creative way of letting us know if we are out of zone) I get a screen text message saying 'No tariff area information available". Now, I never did that before migration, but I'm sure I would have gotten an error (Unknown application, perhaps).

The only thing that is missing, I'd think, is for us to log into our accounts via the Chatr website instead of Mobilicity.

Regarding the network name, I'm also guessing that it won't change to Chatr unless we swap the SIM card. But of course, I could be wrong. It'd be interesting to know if anyone swapped it already, what it shows on their phone. I know I'm not changing mine, at least until I'm forced to! (I don't need international roaming so I don't see the point).
    Last edited by abelitin; 09-24-2016 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Addition

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    - When I do a manual network search, Mobilicity now shows LTE, 3G, 2G. Before, it used to show H+/4G. Now, I understand that we will not get LTE, but that's not because it's not available but because Rogers decided not to. This is interesting because all this time I was thinking that what they would do was to put us in their legacy 3g network, but my guess now is that they are letting us piggyback on the LTE network, and they're simply throttling us -this could explain why someone said above (or in another thread, sorry, I'm reading too many!) that they got 20 Mbps in Brampton/Mississauga, possibly before them tightening on the throttling on that area or to his account.
    Are you able to connect to the LTE network? Or do you just see it in the scans?

I could always see "Rogers Wireless 4G" but it would never connect...

But I really hope it is LTE throttled, as ping should be better, and 700MHz spectrum will be available.
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Are you able to connect to the LTE network? Or do you just see it in the scans?

I could always see "Rogers Wireless 4G" but it would never connect...

But I really hope it is LTE throttled, as ping should be better, and 700MHz spectrum will be available.
    Yes. I only see one network [EDIT: from the Rogers family], and that's the one I connect to. That's what led me to believe that we are actually in the same LTE network and not on the legacy 3g one, as we thought initially.

Here's a screenshot:
    Name:  wp_ss_20160923_0001.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  17.8 KB
    Last edited by abelitin; 09-24-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Clarification

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    If we have been migrated already, why does it ask us to pay our monthly fee on Mobilicity site not Chatr?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    If we have been migrated already, why does it ask us to pay our monthly fee on Mobilicity site not Chatr?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast