Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mobilicity - Chatr Roaming

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    If we have been migrated already, why does it ask us to pay our monthly fee on Mobilicity site not Chatr?
    I wouldn't know, I'm on PAP

I think that they have not migrated our account/billing system still. This is probably the lowest priority project and at the same time it's not easy as they first would have to make sure they map all data in Mobilicity's database to Chatr's.

I have tried to sign into Chatr My Account with my login credentials and have not been successful.

From my viewpoint, this will be the last step.

But I'm sure I have been migrated (for all the reasons explained above).

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g, what Rogers likes to call 4g.definitely not on lte

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g, what Rogers likes to call 4g.definitely not on lte

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g, what Rogers likes to call 4g. Definitely not on lte

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g basically still 3g wcdma) , what Rogers likes to call 4g.definitely not on lte

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g basically still 3g wcdma) , what Rogers likes to call 4g.definitely not on lte

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g basically still 3g wcdma) , what Rogers likes to call 4g. Dfinitely not on lte

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    I wouldn't know, I'm on PAP

I think that they have not migrated our account/billing system still. This is probably the lowest priority project and at the same time it's not easy as they first would have to make sure they map all data in Mobilicity's database to Chatr's.

I have tried to sign into Chatr My Account with my login credentials and have not been successful.

From my viewpoint, this will be the last step.

But I'm sure I have been migrated (for all the reasons explained above).
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g basically still 3g wcdma) , what Rogers likes to call 4g. Definitely not on lte

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not my fault. Forum issues sorry. Couldn't even delete this crap

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grca View Post
    Everything you said is plausible, except you assumption that you are on throttled lte. You are not. You are on throttled hspa, that is h+, that is 3 1/2 g basically still 3g wcdma) , what Rogers likes to call 4g. Definitely not on lte
    I always thought that we would be on their 3G legacy network. But the network search on my phone belies that (look for a screenshot I posted on page 2, comment # 27 (or 26 if canadian_kool deletes their previous dupe one). Before, it would never say LTE but H+.

Also, there's someone who claims they got 20 Mbps down on a speed test, a speed that, although theoretically possible, is hardly ever achieved on HSPA+:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5#post16724995

(unless they were connected to wi-fi and didn't realise).

I guess it could make sense for Rogers to put us on the same LTE network (albeit throttled) rather than on a legacy network that they eventually need to decommission and migrate us again.

I repeat, this is obviously pure speculation on my part, but I'd argue it makes sense. Even in all their advertising/information re this move, they have always said "at 3G speeds"; they don't say "on our 3G network".

But then again, the move is not 100% complete since I just got charged for my next month (my "anniversary date" is on the 27 and they usually charge me 3 days prior) and it was the same amount as usual, without the extra dollar that the new plan will cost me.

One thing is for sure, though -I'm fairly happy that this turned out to be a lot smoother and similar to what I had than what I expected, and definitely not the hit on my wallet that I feared it would be. For an extra dollar, I get the same features I had and a much larger zone. The only thing I lose is the roaming indicator and roaming in my home country (but this was so darn expensive that I didn't use it anyways. However, I was expecting we could benefit of at least receiving free SMS while roaming like Rogers/Fido). I guess we can't have it all

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    (...)

One thing is for sure, though -I'm fairly happy that this turned out to be a lot smoother and similar to what I had than what I expected, (...). The only thing I lose is the roaming indicator and roaming in my home country (but this was so darn expensive that I didn't use it anyways. However, I was expecting we could benefit of at least receiving free SMS while roaming like Rogers/Fido). I guess we can't have it all
    Things haven't gone smoothly for me in the eastern GTA:
    1) I got text message after text message saying the big day was Sep 20. It turned out to be two days later.
    2) They told us the service change over would be overnight. They lied. For me, I was without service for almost two hours in the early evening (at least 6:45 pm EDT to 8:23 pm EDT) -- just when I was on the move and without Apple Pay to pay for a purchase. Oh well.
    3) As recently as Sep 16, they told me there would be new roaming rules effective Sep 20. They lied. I was in Ajax on Sep 23 and Oshawa on Sep 24 and I was still stuck with "CDN Roaming". Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa should all be in the new larger GTA zone.

Can you clarify 'I was expecting we could benefit of at least receiving free SMS while roaming like Rogers/Fido).'? I'm not on Rogers/Fido. My offer (PPU 713) has free out-of-zone: incoming texts, outgoing texts, outgoing texts to international destinations.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score

Mobilicity - Chatr Roaming

Please delete. HoFo server keeps saying it timed out.
    Last edited by The_Night_Owl; 09-25-2016 at 08:03 AM. Reason: HoFo server keeps saying it timed out.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast