Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taxes??

Feedback Score

Taxes??

looking into going from Page Plus to Fi. BUT they couldn't tell me even a ball park what the taxes and any fees I see listed on Fi's website. I want the Basic plan plus just 1 gig of data to a total of $30 a month. I typically only use about 500 meg of data per month or less. Right now on Page Plus I pay exactly $29.95 a month with an auto pay with Page Plus Direct. No darn taxes at all.

Iam in the Buffalo NY area at zip 14150

I hate switching to fi then find out iam getting clobbered for say 8 to 10 dollars in taxes or something crazy like that.

Any clue on what it would be??

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    According to the Tax Foundation, New Yorkers pay the 3rd highest cellular taxes in the country at an average of 17.74%. In Mississippi I pay about $3.80 per month in "Taxes and Fees" on our Project Fi account. I'd assume that in NY, you'd pay somewhat more.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    thanks for the info. I was afraid of that

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    According to the Tax Foundation, New Yorkers pay the 3rd highest cellular taxes in the country at an average of 17.74%. In Mississippi I pay about $3.80 per month in "Taxes and Fees" on our Project Fi account. I'd assume that in NY, you'd pay somewhat more.
    You pay more than I do up here in Mendocino County. This is on a $126 Verizon bill with two lines -

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1470032602074.png
Views: 353
Size:  71.6 KB

We don't have county taxes on cell phones here, and none in the four incorporated cities (Ukiah, Willits, Fort Bragg, Point Arena) either, I'm out in unincorporated county land in Redwood Valley, ranches, vineyards, wineries, farms and lots of woods and country

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    humm not bad at all on your taxes

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    You pay more than I do up here in Mendocino County. This is on a $126 Verizon bill with two lines -

We don't have county taxes on cell phones here, and none in the four incorporated cities (Ukiah, Willits, Fort Bragg, Point Arena) either, I'm out in unincorporated county land in Redwood Valley, ranches, vineyards, wineries, farms and lots of woods and country
    Interesting, according to the Tax Foundation site, Calif. is supposed to be in the middle of the pack at #24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Interesting, according to the Tax Foundation site, Calif. is supposed to be in the middle of the pack at #24.
    The Tax Foundation site doesn't appear to be accurate at all or the cell companies are eating some of the tax.

Feedback Score
    I live in Ithaca NY and Im on the $30 plan with the Nexus 6p. Here's how much i pay of taxes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Yikes thats 5.29 in tax. BUT maybe you pay more for the 16.62 charge that I cant make out but iam guessing its the monthly charge for the phone itself?

i forgot I was on t-mobile 30 dollar plan about 1.5 years ago and I dug out an old credit card bill and it had 2.69 in tax on that plan so I would assume it would be the same on Google Fi 30 plan? Unless google fi ads some fees there hiding?

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dc9mm View Post
    The Tax Foundation site doesn't appear to be accurate at all or the cell companies are eating some of the tax.
    I think it's just a rough average, and you have to remember in rural areas like mine, taxes are usually lower, especially when it comes to cellular phones. It seems to be the larger cities that tax them the most.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yep, the 16,62 charge is for the Nexus 6p

Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    My bill was $34.11 last month. Taxes:

Taxes & government surcharges
    State Sales Tax
    $0.89
    County Sales Tax
    $0.83
    County Local Sales Tax
    $0.08
    State 911 Tax
    $1.20
    Local 911 Surcharge
    $0.30
    Other fees
    New York MTA Surcharge on Excise Tax
    $0.16
    State Excise Tax
    $0.63
    Federal Universal Service Fund
    $1.28
    Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee
    $0.12
    Nexus 5X on Google Fi

Feedback Score
    Well it looks like it would be some were in the 5 dollar range a month in taxes. Since Sprint in my area sucks from what I found out and T-mobile which I was on before is ok BUT sucks in rural areas I think I will just stay with Page Plus since Verizon network is really good from my 1.5 years on it through Page Plus. I considered the move because I would like my phone to work when up in Canada since iam right on the border i go there a few times a year. Page Plus does not work at all in Canada. Weird thing I pay ZERO tax with Page Plus with auto pay with Page Plus Direct. So 29.95 exactly every month. I guess Page Plus Direct eats the tax?

I might have considered trying Fi but that extra 5 bucks kills that idea plus not as good a network compared to Verizon. Plus it kinda ticked me off Fi couldn't tell me what the taxes would be as iam sure they have customers in the Buffalo NY area all they had to do is look at one of there customer bills to see. Oh well no phone in Canada then Not a major deal but it would have been nice. .

Feedback Score
    Actually you can select us cellular with Fi, and you will roam on Verizon 3g. I do it when I have no signal from T-Mobile or Sprint ... It's like having 4 networks....
    Regarding the amount you will pay, you should consider that with project Fi you pay what you use, so if you use 500 mb at month , you'll pay $25 plus taxes not $30

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidepisu View Post
    Actually you can select us cellular with Fi, and you will roam on Verizon 3g. I do it when I have no signal from T-Mobile or Sprint ... It's like having 4 networks....
    Regarding the amount you will pay, you should consider that with project Fi you pay what you use, so if you use 500 mb at month , you'll pay $25 plus taxes not $30
    Wouldn't it automatically switch to US cellular? BUT even 3g would be quite a step down as i have 4G LTE now in most areas. I was up along Ontario lake Wilson NY last night and had 4G LTE on Page Plus/verizon network were on T-mobile I had NO data at all when I was there 1.5 years ago when I was on t-mobile back then. I would like Fi but I think I would lose to much speed. BUT even if I say only use 500 meg so i get back 5 bucks BUT then ad 5 buck for taxes that I don't seem to pay with Page Plus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast