Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taxes??

Device(s)
    s8+, s8, s7e, Pro3, Axon 7, Nexus 5+6+5x, Note 4, moto xp
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Project Fi, att, tmo, FreedomPop, trac/att, CellNuvo, tru, lyca, ekit
    Feedback Score
    Actually my Fi does automatically switch to U.S. Cellular (Verizon roaming) in this US/CA border area in northern NY as Verizon is the only one with a tower within a few miles. I am not currently in a USCC coverage area. Others have said Fi will not switch into roaming, but obviously that is wrong. I manually switched to T-Mobile profile to test it, and the next morning it was back on the U.S. Cellular profile.
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    Oh yes it switches automatically, i was saying in the case you prefer to use Verizon even if you have T-Mobile or Sprint coverage. For the 4g I think sooner or later us cellular will allow 4g roaming, probably next year .

Device(s)
    s8+, s8, s7e, Pro3, Axon 7, Nexus 5+6+5x, Note 4, moto xp
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Project Fi, att, tmo, FreedomPop, trac/att, CellNuvo, tru, lyca, ekit
    Feedback Score
    The manual switching is nice. Although I can get T-Mobile LTE in one spot with the phone upside down on a slanted holder, it usually falls to AT&T roaming on the T-Mobile profile and data is capped at a pretty useless 128kbps. The Sprint profile caps Verizon roaming at 1x (about 120kbps). At least with the U.S Cellular profile you get uncapped Verizon EV/Do which gets about 2.2mbps in this rural border area.

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    Actually my Fi does automatically switch to U.S. Cellular (Verizon roaming) in this US/CA border area in northern NY as Verizon is the only one with a tower within a few miles. I am not currently in a USCC coverage area. Others have said Fi will not switch into roaming, but obviously that is wrong. I manually switched to T-Mobile profile to test it, and the next morning it was back on the U.S. Cellular profile.
    Lucky, for me it doesn't auto switch to US Cellular LTE. It will occasionally switch to US Cellular 3G, but I need to reboot and/or manually select USCC to get their LTE. It also takes a while to switch when in a known good USCC area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2