Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tethering On DURAXE

Feedback Score

Tethering On DURAXE

Hello, I have recently bought Kyocera DuraXE UNLOCKED that was previously locked for AT&T network. I intend to use the telephone in Europe and was looking for rugged phone with traditional keyboard and a hot-spot ability.

I have a trouble in turning mobile hot spot on my Kyocera DURA XE phone. The handset connects pretty well with internet via built-in internet browser. It also reads emails without a problem. However, when I initiate a hot-spot feature, the following comment pops up: "Network connection unsuccessful. There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the Mobile Hotspot function. Please try later." Same comment shows up when I select USB or Bluetooth tethering.

Can someone advise way around this? Apparently hotspot feature is enabled by telecom operator depending on the data plan I use. But I live in Europe (Poland) and here operators do not interfere with phone's features which means I may freely use hotspot, regardless of the data plan I have.

Feedback Score
    sorry for the late reply but have you got this fixed yet..??

Feedback Score

Kyocera DURAXE hot spot

Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    sorry for the late reply but have you got this fixed yet..??

Unfortunately, not yet. If you come up with a solution, would appreciate if you share it with me.

Feedback Score
    I am able to tether over wifi & bluetooth.. I have not tried usb tethering yet as I have to download the kyocera USB drivers for my laptop. If you are able to browse internally then it's connecting to the Internet, it looks like there may be a software glitch in the tethering options.. Not sure if this has anything to do with the phone getting unlocked ... Maybe the tethering feature worked fine while the phone was in locked status, then when the phone was unlocked, the tethering software was disabled ... The problem is this is not a popular phone so getting someone on this forum to help you out is going to be slim ... The only one that may be able to help you is kyocera
    This phone has bluetooth PAN tethering, it's not DUN (dial up networking) so if you are trying to do a dial up bluetooth tether it will not work.. I can bluetooth tether my MacBook Pro as well as both my iPads... However, my windows laptop does not see any type of bluetooth tethering features on this phone so I cannot bluetooth tether it yet (still working on it)
    The wifi tethering is self explanatory, you turn it on, look for the ssid, connect to it with the password and done...

-- EARTH IS FLAT --
    Defending the heliocentric model proves you have accepted a 500 yr lie without question or thought or proof just means you have failed yourself
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    Took me some time to get back to you. Thanks for the message. So far have not been able to tether by any means. WiFi tethering is which I care for most but am unable to use it. Do you use your phone in Europe?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuhodonozor View Post
    Took me some time to get back to you. Thanks for the message. So far have not been able to tether by any means. WiFi tethering is which I care for most but am unable to use it. Do you use your phone in Europe?
    no i do not, i am in the us, but i dont think that has anything to do with it.... assuming so
    You have the tethering option in the menu correct..?
    Menu, settings, wireless & networks, more, tethering & mobile hotspot, mobile hotspot ON or OFF....? Once you turn it on, the yellow or green symbol should pop up on the top left of the screen indicating the hotspot is active... then look for the ssid on your device u need to tether...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've got a DuraXE. It's a great flip phone BUT you cannot use the hotspot feature with a non-AT&T sim card. Even though the phone is unlocked and I can use another GSM sim card for calls and data (browser on the phone....painful), the hotspot feature is still locked down to AT&T. I have no idea how to "unlock" the hotspot to work with a non AT&T sim card.

Eric

Feedback Score
    Yes, fv22652, that's the point. The hotspot feature is locked. Well, let's wait and see, maybe some one has a solution to this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    I've got a DuraXE. It's a great flip phone BUT you cannot use the hotspot feature with a non-AT&T sim card. Even though the phone is unlocked and I can use another GSM sim card for calls and data (browser on the phone....painful), the hotspot feature is still locked down to AT&T. I have no idea how to "unlock" the hotspot to work with a non AT&T sim card.

Eric
    What error message do you get when you try to use the hotspot feature..?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    -banned-,

Same message as in the first post: "Network connection unsuccessful. There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the Mobile Hotspot function. Please try later."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    -banned-,

Same message as in the first post: "Network connection unsuccessful. There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the Mobile Hotspot function. Please try later."
    I would email kyocera and see what they say. Being that its not a android or iOS, its going to be hard to troubleshoot

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    -banned-

Actually the Duraxe is running a "non-touch" version of android. I don't think emailing Kyocera would do any good. The firmware is from AT&T.

Eric

Feedback Score

It is Android indeed and emailing Kyocera would not help

Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    I would email kyocera and see what they say. Being that its not a android or iOS, its going to be hard to troubleshoot
    As in the title of this post - the phone is based on a stripped down version of Android. I emailed Kyocera before posting my first post here and Kyocera refused to help.

As a possible remedy I downloaded MobileGo from Wondershare (mobilego.wondershare.com). Upon installation it reveals some typical Android like files on the phone. Unfortunately, I lack skills in digging deeper into the file system of the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuhodonozor View Post
    As in the title of this post - the phone is based on a stripped down version of Android. I emailed Kyocera before posting my first post here and Kyocera refused to help.

As a possible remedy I downloaded MobileGo from Wondershare (mobilego.wondershare.com). Upon installation it reveals some typical Android like files on the phone. Unfortunately, I lack skills in digging deeper into the file system of the phone.
    I want guess that the tethering apps within the system have gone corrupted somehow or some files are missing. Did you buy this phone new or used..? Have you done any software updates since you purchased it ..?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    -banned-,

The "network unavailable" message is the result of the hardware being locked to AT&T by the software. It's not a problem with corrupted or missing files. For this particular AT&T phone the tethering app is locked only to AT&T regardless if the phone is sim unlocked or not.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast