Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tethering On DURAXE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    -banned-,The "network unavailable" message is the result of the hardware being locked to AT&T by the software. It's not a problem with corrupted or missing files. For this particular AT&T phone the tethering app is locked only to AT&T regardless if the phone is sim unlocked or not.
    Eric
    The OP is asking me questions and i am trying my best to help him/her out and throwing possible idea's as to WHY it may be doing this (because i DO NOT KNOW) and you are hitting me with the answers as if it is my issue...
    Instead of telling ME why this is happening, let Nabuhodonozor know...

All i know is that My DuraXE tethering works just fine for now
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    -banned-

Sorry, I did not mean to make it sound like I was answering only to you. Hopefully anyone that is reading this thread is benefiting from the information.

What sim card are you using with your DuraXE? AT&T? I've tried a couple different sim cards and only AT&T ones work for tethering /hotspot. Thanks!

Eric

Feedback Score
    -banned-

Sorry, I did not mean to make it sound like I was answering only to you. Hopefully anyone that is reading this thread is benefiting from the information.

What sim card are you using with your DuraXE? AT&T? I've tried a couple different sim cards and only AT&T ones work for tethering /hotspot. Thanks!

Eric
    It's all good .. I'm using att svc, now that you asked that question, it maybe that this phone is originally provisioned to tether on att's network only and if he is using another carrier, it will not work .. Because the phone is using an APN settings for att network .. As it's original design ..

Feedback Score
    -banned-,

Same message as in the first post: "Network connection unsuccessful. There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the Mobile Hotspot function. Please try later."
    Who is your service provider ?

The only thing I can think of now that the other poster mentioned it that is you are using another provider, the phones internal browser may be working ok using the sim access, BUT, I believe the tethering option uses a different portal door to access the web and the tethering feature within the phone is probably locked to att APN ... And if you are using another provider that may be your issue .. Not 100% sure but it sounds about right OR your service provider is blocking you out on purpose which they should be able to open for you IF you pay the extra monthly fee for tethering ...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    -banned-,

I've tried a freedompop global sim and a freedompop lte sim. Both use the AT&T network, but since the apn isn't AT&T, the hotspot feature doesn't work. Data will work on the phone (browser) fine. I've also tried a Tmobile sim with the same results, browser works, hotspot doesn't.

I have regular AT&T and have put my AT&T sim in the DuraXE. When I do that, data and the hotspot work fine (once AT&T provisions the phone based on the IMEI).

Unfortunately for this phone AT&T has the hotspot feature locked to their APN. It's too bad because the DuraXE is a really great flip phone. Probably the latest flip phone released in the US.

Thanks for the information.

Eric

Feedback Score
    -banned-,

I've tried a freedompop global sim and a freedompop lte sim. Both use the AT&T network, but since the apn isn't AT&T, the hotspot feature doesn't work. Data will work on the phone (browser) fine. I've also tried a Tmobile sim with the same results, browser works, hotspot doesn't.

I have regular AT&T and have put my AT&T sim in the DuraXE. When I do that, data and the hotspot work fine (once AT&T provisions the phone based on the IMEI).

Unfortunately for this phone AT&T has the hotspot feature locked to their APN. It's too bad because the DuraXE is a really great flip phone. Probably the latest flip phone released in the US.

Thanks for the information.

Eric
    correct, even though freedom pop is an mnvo of att, they use a different portal door to get to the internet and that APN (tetheing side IF they have one) is different than using att direct apn, which explains why tethering works fine with an att direct sim vs any other gsm svc.. Not sure if freedom pop even has an APN for tethering and if they did, you would have to alter it within the duraxe files which is pretty much impossible to do unless you had the software and know how to do it..
    so my assumption was correct once you asked who was the svc provider...

And yes this may be the last basic flip phone they make with 4G/LTE svc that we can tether over wifi, bluetooth and even usb (windows only) because 98% of the phones now are smartphone which is where everyone is going because yes smartphones are making our lives easier but everyone is allowing themselves to get addicted to these smartphones....
    Not many flip/basic phones out there can be tethered... and the few there are are not 4G/LTE, only 3G which is fast enough to stream netflix and youtube at 720p... but its fast enough to do what NEEDS to be done, not what you want to do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2