Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to keep the 20GB plan?

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

How to keep the 20GB plan?

I think this needs a thread of its own. For everyone who has the 20GB add-on, please post what you are doing to keep it.

We have over a month and a half, so I think we should have enough time to ensure we can keep this.

We know:
    1. The plan with 20GB exists
    2. The cost of the plan is $50
    3. Certain combinations of current Mobilicity plans+add-ons got this offered, others did not
    4. Mobi Customer Service has advised us that if we call in to change/update our plans or add-ons, our Chatr offer will update within 72 hrs

So we need to know what combination of plans we can switch to *now* that will end up with us getting the $50 with 20GB being offered.

The plan is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
    Name:  1469673113464.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  40.0 KB
    I know that having the $25 Province Plan + $20 for 20GB add-on did not get me this offer, but rather the 6GB plan for $45 offer.

Anybody with further information, please share, as it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by canadian_kool; 08-03-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    getting 20gb for $50 isn't enough, period.

I'm losing speed, roaming mins and over $20/month on their special offer. The expectation should be the same or better.

my point being: dont make it sound like $50 is a deal. Keep what you have. they can do it very simply. That should be the minimum.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    getting 20gb for $50 isn't enough, period.

I'm losing speed, roaming mins and over $20/month on their special offer. The expectation should be the same or better.

my point being: dont make it sound like $50 is a deal. Keep what you have. they can do it very simply. That should be the minimum.
    Yes, they can and should, but doesn't currently look like they will do that.

I am poised to lose 14gb/mo for the same I'm currently paying.

I'm currently concerned about the mechanics necessary to even have the $50 plan offered to me, so that this much is done.

Once I am able to get that, then there is time to complain to them about artificial speed caps given we signed up under the guise of "premium" and "fastest" HSPA data. But only being offered $45/6gb is even worse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Yes, they can and should, but doesn't currently look like they will do that.

I am poised to lose 14gb/mo for the same I'm currently paying.

I'm currently concerned about the mechanics necessary to even have the $50 plan offered to me, so that this much is done.

Once I am able to get that, then there is time to complain to them about artificial speed caps given we signed up under the guise of "premium" and "fastest" HSPA data. But only being offered $45/6gb is even worse.
    Call Moblicity or chatr directly. If they need it send them the screenshot of the plan. It worked for a friend.

Feedback Score
    I called them multiple times, and tried myself currently we cannot change anything to unlock the $50 20GB plan because changing anything auto removes the 20GB from our plan. I'm pretty sure if we could change our base $25 to $45 we would get it.

The reps I always get deny this plan exist $50 for 20GB and say you only get the crappy 6gb offer. I say how stupid it is that only those lucky with $45 base get to keep it. The reps apparently can't do jack scratch.

Even chatr confirms it exists. I asked them in a tweet but they can't do anything about it. This is messed if you have any luck please help us out. But long story short if you change anything it removes the 20gb so you are screwed doing it that way.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Why don't you try signing up for a new $45 plan and see what is offered? It's a bit of investment for a month of service but in the long run, it may pay off.

Calling, tweeting and emailing is less productive than talking to a brick wall.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Why don't you try signing up for a new $45 plan and see what is offered? It's a bit of investment for a month of service but in the long run, it may pay off.
    You won't see it offered if you didn't have it.
    Whether it's offered or not depends on the base value of your plan.
    Most had added the 20GB to the no-data $25 plan.
    The only report of a 20GB Chatr offer was from a $45 plan.

I'm still talking to the brick wall..

@canadian_kool
    You should add a ? to the thread title.

Feedback Score

Can't sign up for $45 and get 20gb data because you can't even get 20gb anymore on mobilicity someone else on RFD confirmed they got 20gb data offer on a $25 base plan so it's possible. They are changing the offers randomly I used to have $45 and $35 offer now I'm only getting $35 offer.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    @canadian_kool
    You should add a ? to the thread title.[/QUOTE]

I can't change it now, only a mod can.

Hopefully soon, we will have it figured out and won't need the question mark

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Sure you can, within 24 hours. "Edit Post / Go Advanced" to change the Title.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Sure you can, within 24 hours. "Edit Post / Go Advanced" to change the Title.
    Thanks, added ? for clarity.

I also got a reply from Mobi that they will investigate my offer and will have an answer in 4-7 business days.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New sign ups get the identical plan on Chatr
    $45 for North America + 6GB
    Still a good deal compared to most of the stuff being offered in market
    (although I was hoping they could get a rep to change it to the $40 or $35 offer)
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Feedback Score
    Not sure how people are using 20GB at 3 Mbps speeds. I would think only serious videostreaming would consume that much which is not really a pleasant experience without 4G/LTE speeds.

Anyway, I think for those of us who got the 6GB data offer at $25 is an absolute steal. Not sure how long Rogers will keep honouring this price point in 2017 and beyond.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphone7 View Post
    Not sure how people are using 20GB at 3 Mbps speeds. I would think only serious videostreaming would consume that much which is not really a pleasant experience without 4G/LTE speeds.

Anyway, I think for those of us who got the 6GB data offer at $25 is an absolute steal. Not sure how long Rogers will keep honouring this price point in 2017 and beyond.
    I look at it as no throttling. At 64kbs you might as well turn your data off. On a side note, I have actually hit 20GBs a couple of times when my Bell internet went out for a few months. Stupid Bell!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphone7 View Post

I can actually watch YouTube and the latest episodes of dragonball super on 2mbs on robilicity, 3mbs sounds amazing. I'm from the dial up days so anything is better than FREE Web. 20gb gives me enough to update my apps, my 3ds and wiiu games just fine, I can even play them online with little to no lagg. Keeping the 20GB is clutch anyone who gets it please help us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast