Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to keep the 20GB plan?

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    They actually heard our complaints!

If you had the $25 base plan plus the $20 for 20gb add on, go check your transition offer now!

I now have the $50 for 20gb plan listed
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post

If you had the $25 base plan plus the $20 for 20gb add on, go check your transition offer now!

I still don't have the $50 20gb plan listed only $35 what did you say when you called in how did you do it?

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DJChisholm View Post
    I still don't have the $50 20gb plan listed only $35 what did you say when you called in how did you do it?
    Initially, I filled out the online Mobi contact form, explained that I believe the system incorrectly matched my current plan and add-ons to the Chatr offer because it did not present any option for 20gb data - the biggest selling feature of Mobi.

They replied that I can change my plan any time before the transition, and my offer will change accordingly within 72h.

I replied asking exactly what plan and add-on combination I should change to that would enable me to keep my 20gb plan, as that is the only reason I'm with Mobi.

They replied that they will investigate my offer and reply soon - within, I think, 10 days.

I didn't get another email, but I go to check the offer section daily, just in case, and I saw that now the offer was updated. It didn't take them 10 days, and I never actually had to call in. It was all email.

I'll note that before, I had a $35 6gb prov. plan offered and $45 6gb NA plan. Now, it's only one offer, the $50 20gb plan.

Wish you good luck there!

Did anyone else's offer get updated today, or are they just doing this one person at a time on request?

Feedback Score
    Initially, I filled out the online Mobi contact form, explained that I believe the system incorrectly matched my current plan and add-ons to the Chatr offer because it did not present any option for 20gb data - the biggest selling feature of Mobi.

They replied that I can change my plan any time before the transition, and my offer will change accordingly within 72h.

I replied asking exactly what plan and add-on combination I should change to that would enable me to keep my 20gb plan, as that is the only reason I'm with Mobi.

They replied that they will investigate my offer and reply soon - within, I think, 10 days.

I didn't get another email, but I go to check the offer section daily, just in case, and I saw that now the offer was updated. It didn't take them 10 days, and I never actually had to call in. It was all email.

I'll note that before, I had a $35 6gb prov. plan offered and $45 6gb NA plan. Now, it's only one offer, the $50 20gb plan.

Did anyone else's offer get updated today, or are they just doing this one person at a time on request?
    Thanks for the reply I will try your method if I don't hear anything good in the next email I get, it is my only reason too I don't care for calling and don't see a point in having home internet as I work 70 hours a week.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score

canadian_kool, I checked just after 6 pm yesterday, and I got the $50 for 20 GB offer too! I'm also on the $25 Unlimited Starter plan with the $20 for 20 GB add-on. $50 is my only offer now whereas on Friday I had the same $35 and $45 offers as you.

I signed up to become a member to let everyone here know, but I wasn't approved until this morning. I hope I'm doing everything right here -- this is my first post.

canadian_kool, our situations are very similar and I've been reading all your posts. I've been lurking here since Rogers took over Mobilicity. Mobilicity didn't serve Pickering, but when Rogers took over they finally did despite what Mobilicity employees kept telling me and what I kept reading online.

Sorry for not signing up sooner.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

This is great news! I don't know why they didn't think to give this as an offer sooner. I would think most people would choose it given the choice and Chatr would make more money per month. Seemed like a no brainer to me. Great work everyone! Now about that roaming indicator...

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    canadian_kool, I checked just after 6 pm yesterday, and I got the $50 for 20 GB offer too! I'm also on the $25 Unlimited Starter plan with the $20 for 20 GB add-on. $50 is my only offer now whereas on Friday I had the same $35 and $45 offers as you.

I signed up to become a member to let everyone here know, but I wasn't approved until this morning. I hope I'm doing everything right here -- this is my first post.

canadian_kool, our situations are very similar and I've been reading all your posts. I've been lurking here since Rogers took over Mobilicity. Mobilicity didn't serve Pickering, but when Rogers took over they finally did despite what Mobilicity employees kept telling me and what I kept reading online.

Sorry for not signing up sooner.
    @The_Night_Owl Thank you for the acknowledgement! I'm glad my posts were helpful. If we both got this plan offer now, I think it was a global change to all those with the same combination of plan and add-on. Welcome to HoFo! Where we get stuff done haha!

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    @The_Night_Owl Thank you for the acknowledgement! I'm glad my posts were helpful. If we both got this plan offer now, I think it was a global change to all those with the same combination of plan and add-on. Welcome to HoFo! Where we get stuff done haha!
    My original plan was the $15 month unlimited calling and texting plus the added on upgraded data.

That got me the $50 offer for 20gb. I thought it was wrong when I saw it.

This is my daughters line though so I am trying to see if I can get the $25 month offer with 6gb in province calling.

Any advice???

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jokeracing View Post
    My original plan was the $15 month unlimited calling and texting plus the added on upgraded data.

This is my daughters line though so I am trying to see if I can get the $25 month offer with 6gb in province calling.

Any advice???
    I think you're too late to make any changes to your Mobilicity account in order to get a different Chatr offer. As of September 16, Mobilicity no longer allows any account changes according to this text message they sent me (I guess your daughter didn't tell you about this text message):
    Mobilicity: As of September 16, 2016, you will not be able to make changes to your current Mobilicity plan. We need this time to help prepare for our move over to chatr. If you would like to make any changes to your Mobilicity account, make sure you do so before September 16, 2016.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jokeracing View Post

Any advice???
    You don't say what you are currently paying. I assume your upgraded data is the 20GB addon, for $10 or $20?

My suggestion would be to email [email protected], requesting an Essentials Offer comparable in price to your current Mobilicity service, specifying that you would be satisfied with the province-only you had, and less than 20GB data.

Comparable is the key word, as that is what has been promised since the migration to Chatr was announced.

I suspect that in the last minute re-jigging to ensure all 20GB Mobi customers got a 20GB Chatr offer, they neglected to provision an alternative to the $50 plan.

The email subject could be "Comparable offer requested".

--
    other than these recent 20GB $50 offers, everyone has had their offers price-matched to what they pay with Mobi
    Last edited by pjw918; 09-22-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2