Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any reason to hold off on accepting offer?

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The thread has gone OT.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Device(s)
    Note5 🍁
    Carrier(s)
    FiDo
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    If I just type *#*#4636#*#* nothing at all happens on her Samsung S5 Chatr phone. Same thing with my Virgin Mobile Samsung Note 4.
    Might be because samsung has blocked this code since sgs1 lol. This is mostly accessible only on generic android. For you my friend you have to remember *#0011# and *#2263#

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grca View Post
    Might be because samsung has blocked this code since sgs1 lol. This is mostly accessible only on generic android. For you my friend you have to remember *#0011# and *#2263#
    *#0011# on Chatr Samsung S5:

Line 1 of 13 is either
    RRC:U_PCH, Band:5
    or
    RRC:FACH, Band:5
    (sometimes band was 2)

Line 7:
    HSDPA 0 , HSUPA 0 , HSPA+ 0

Feedback Score
    So what about holding off? Yay or nay?

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerlo View Post
    So what about holding off? Yay or nay?
    I accepted the Chatr offer for the following reasons:

1) tethering / hotspot will still work
    2) I live in Pickering which is just on the eastern GTA border of Rogers' Mobilicity, but no longer having to roam in Ajax and Oshawa would be valuable to me
    3) I go to Niagara Falls quite a few times a year, so no longer having to roam there would be valuable too
    4) I didn't have voicemail before, so getting it in my Chatr offer is really nice
    5) the addition of Canada-wide long distance, USA long distance, Global text messaging are nice bonuses (that I don't really need at this time)

I just hope that Chatr's 3G data of up to 3 Mbps is consistent throughout the day. Data now between about 4 pm to around 7 to 8 pm or so on weekdays can be so bad that google.ca won't even load! I'd gladly give up 15 Mbps at 4 am (20 GB add-on) for consistent data speeds throughout the day.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    How does payment work with Chatr?
    When you switch over did it ask you to pay immediately or did payment date stay the same or did they give you 1 month free?

Eg if I made a Mobi payment on July 31 then switch today, should I expect Aug 31 to be first payment? Or do they bill me today?

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    How does payment work with Chatr?
    When you switch over did it ask you to pay immediately or did payment date stay the same or did they give you 1 month free?

Eg if I made a Mobi payment on July 31 then switch today, should I expect Aug 31 to be first payment? Or do they bill me today?
    Chatr asked me, "Would you like to continue having your monthly payments automatically charged to your credit card?"

Chatr's anniversary date (date payments are due each month) is the same as my Mobilicity date (1st of each month, in my case).

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, Moto G, Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Zoomer Wireless (Cityfone), Mobilicity, Speakout
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Chatr asked me, "Would you like to continue having your monthly payments automatically charged to your credit card?"

Chatr's anniversary date (date payments are due each month) is the same as my Mobilicity date (1st of each month, in my case).
    I have no problem to set up auto-pay only to the monthly plan charge. I will not authorize the roaming charge. Mobi "my Wallet" account is the main reason why I join Mobi. I don't mind that I cannot make a call or use data because I did not put money in "my wallet" account. I don't want $1000 invoice/surprises.

Can you disable roaming on Chatr system?
    How to prevent Chatr taking thousand dollar from your per-authorize payment from your CC?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    No harm holding out a bit longer. Due to complaints they added back the free 30 minutes North American roaming for those that had it.

File a CCTS complaint if you're not happy with the offer. Whether you win or lose, it makes them look bad if they start receiving a bunch of complaints and they will take actions to correct.

For those that are on the $29 all in plan, they're raising our rates by a $1 per month to $30. File a complaint with CCTS so we can put pressure on them to honor our specific plan.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No advantage either way from what I have seen
    Accepting the Chatr offer says "you will be migrated soon for now just enjoy your Mobi plans"

I think the ONLY people who need to move right away are the "life" plans ($29) or 20GB plans
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    No advantage either way from what I have seen
    Accepting the Chatr offer says "you will be migrated soon for now just enjoy your Mobi plans"

I think the ONLY people who need to move right away are the "life" plans ($29) or 20GB plans
    No. Everyone is moving in September. This is just to confirm your details and choice for the move. Everyone is still on Mobilicity until then.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by embguy View Post
    I have no problem to set up auto-pay only to the monthly plan charge. I will not authorize the roaming charge. Mobi "my Wallet" account is the main reason why I join Mobi. I don't mind that I cannot make a call or use data because I did not put money in "my wallet" account. I don't want $1000 invoice/surprises.

How to prevent Chatr taking thousand dollar from your per-authorize payment from your CC?
    This is what I want to know too. I find it sickening that they have the ability to do this! It can set a very bad precedent for other carriers to follow. Outside of inconveniencing myself by removing pre authorization, is their any recourse for this?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by embguy View Post
    I have no problem to set up auto-pay only to the monthly plan charge. I will not authorize the roaming charge.
    Don't need to
    Mobi/Chatr will NOT bill your credit card for roaming
    If your balance is $0 you get no service

Having auto-topup does NOT pre-authorize roaming charges etc

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Any reason to hold off on accepting offer?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    No problem! Glad I could help!

Can I ask you to check something else please? We know Chatr will throttle our speed to 3mbps, but they didn't specify if the phones are restricted to HSPA or if they will connect to a throttled LTE. I saw conflicting information in the Chatr subforum, so perhaps you can verify on your girlfriend's phone.

(...)

Also, if you have run a speed test on it, what is ping like? And do speeds ever drop to 0?

Thanks!
    @canadian_kool, my girlfriend's Chatr billing cycle is tomorrow and she had over 400 MB left to use today, so I got the go ahead! Tested in eastern Scarborough moments ago with her $25 Chatr plan plus $15 for 1 GB data:

9.99 Mbps Download
    1.45 Mbps Upload
    36 ms Ping
    Server Location: Toronto, ON

Immediately after her test, I ran Speedtest on my Mobilicity iPhone SE (20 GB Premium Data plan):

4.01 Mbps Download
    0.87 Mbps Upload
    80 ms Ping
    Server Location: Toronto, ON

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Don't need to
    Mobi/Chatr will NOT bill your credit card for roaming
    If your balance is $0 you get no service

Having auto-topup does NOT pre-authorize roaming charges etc