Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any reason to hold off on accepting offer?

Feedback Score
    I picked the 35.00 plan. Say I wanna switch to 25.00 no data. Is that possible?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin2012 View Post
    I picked the 35.00 plan. Say I wanna switch to 25.00 no data. Is that possible?
    Only if the option is still there. You just have to log back in.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Deadline is tomorrow.

Did anyone hold off on accepting their Chatr move offer? If so, why?
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    I held of accepting pending a CCTS complaint to show that the changes was not willingly made on my side.

My dispute was they raised my price from $29 to $30 and also the new terms of service agreement is not acceptable. Basically it states Rogers can raise prices at will. There is already confirmation of Roger users having their grandfathered plan prices increased.

It doesn't matter too much if you accept or not, as I received a text stating if you don't pick a plan they will automatically move you to the default one listed.

Feedback Score
    ^Good for you. It would be Great if you can tell us the outcome of your CCTS complain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^Good for you. It would be Great if you can tell us the outcome of your CCTS complain.
    Ccts is biased and toothless. I did one with Telus for reducing my data allotment (by half!) under contract and I felt like I should shower after every time I talked to them. I'm not exaggerating. I'll be glad to hear how it goes though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Deadline is tomorrow.

(...)
    New deadline is October 3rd according to the My Chatr Move website:

EXTENDED: YOU NOW HAVE UNTIL OCTOBER 3RD TO PICK YOUR EXCLUSIVE PLAN
    Due to high volume, we have extended the deadline for you to pick your exclusive chatr plan.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Curious if anyone holding out has seen any newer options in plans?
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    they extended the move date?
    Dirty.

Considering my "exclusive" plan went up $20/month, I think I'm pretty much in the best position to show how theyre ****ing me

maybe I'll dance with these CCTS folks to see how they handle that one

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    I will update, but I don't have too high hopes as I am only one person. If more Mobi subs file a complaint before accepting the move then there would be a greater chance of success.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    they extended the move date?
    Dirty.

Considering my "exclusive" plan went up $20/month, I think I'm pretty much in the best position to show how theyre ****ing me

maybe I'll dance with these CCTS folks to see how they handle that one
    Mine went up by $5. Hopefully they will stick to what was agreed on when we picked the new Plans.

Feedback Score
    I held off. I'm currently on the $20 plan + $20 premium data, but I'm only getting the $50 offer. I'm not going to voluntarily agree to pay $10 more then I currently am for no good reason. This way I can always take it up with the CCTS when and if they force the increase on me. If they offered me something for $40 or less, I'd probably just take it, but only offering me something $10 more than I'm currently paying is dirty pool IMO.

I had originally tried to drop the premium data on the last change day in the hopes of getting another offer, but I was on hold for almost 4 hours having been disconnected three times while on hold and never was able to get through. When I tried to drop the following day, the said no changes. When I tried to remove the preauthorized credit card with the intention of porting out, they said they couldn't make any changes to the account until the switchover. I was a bit worried about porting out during the transition because they just might go ahead and charge me for an additional month anyways so I figured I'd stay with them until after the swtichover.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    If you don't accept the promo offer won't you need to choose a "normal" Chatr plan then?

As for the CCTS comments, this is prepay so never had any protection anyways

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    If you don't accept the promo offer won't you need to choose a "normal" Chatr plan then?

As for the CCTS comments, this is prepay so never had any protection anyways
    No. It will default to the lower-priced plan ("Essentials") for those who got two offers, or to the only offer presented for the rest.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cal653 View Post
    I held of accepting pending a CCTS complaint to show that the changes was not willingly made on my side.

My dispute was they raised my price from $29 to $30 and also the new terms of service agreement is not acceptable. Basically it states Rogers can raise prices at will. There is already confirmation of Roger users having their grandfathered plan prices increased.

It doesn't matter too much if you accept or not, as I received a text stating if you don't pick a plan they will automatically move you to the default one listed.
    I see it differently... Yes, I'm going to be paying an extra dollar a month, but given that I will get these extra benefits:
    - Much larger zones,
    - Better quality in service (data and voice mostly),
    - By completing the move, I get $10 bonus which basically offsets that extra dollar for 10 months (at which time, I could consider porting out -though I won't),
    - In my specific case, at last, calling my home country directly from my phone will be affordable ($0.85 vs $6.00 per min).

As to raising prices, any provider could potentially do this if they want. Mobilicity would have done it were it not for the fact that they needed to keep us subscribers desperately.

My only concern (and that of mostly everyone else) is the loss of the roaming indicator, but since I never keep money on my wallet unless I am going to specifically use it, I expect it won't affect me too much (although, I'll have to keep an eye on those $10+$80 bonuses!). I was also upset because of the initial loss of the 30 mins NA roaming but since they ended up adding it, well, can't complain...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast