Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Data Roaming Indicator Issue

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor Domo View Post
    I'm currently is the U.S. and my phone is showing T-Mobile in the status indicator and I have the little "R" roaming indicator beside my signal strength.

Sent from my STV100-1 using HoFo mobile app
    You haven't been specifically moved yet, have you? I mean, your account has not been migrated? If so, technically you are still on Mobilicity's accounting/billing system, using Chatr's network. They have just started migrating users, so it'll be interesting to know what the behaviour would be post-migration.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    @Night_Owl the knockout trick has run it's course. Now you do not need to select away networks and phone reconnects no problem in my experience.
    You're right. I was in Oshawa on Monday (within the GTA's Chatr Unlimited zone) with "CDN Roaming". I turned Airplane Mode on for 30 seconds, turned it off and my iPhone reconnected and had data. I then turned my iPhone off for 10 minutes, restarted it and data was working.

When they let us make and receive phone calls in Chatr Unlimited zones, I'll be very happy.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    My billing has not migrated, no. My last bill (October 18) went through mobilicity and in fact I topped up my mobilicity wallet through my regular login before I left on this trip.

Interestingly, the SMS I received when I arrived in the U.S. informing me of my roaming rates was sent by Chatr, not by mobilicity. I'll try to upload a screenshot later.
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    You haven't been specifically moved yet, have you? I mean, your account has not been migrated? If so, technically you are still on Mobilicity's accounting/billing system, using Chatr's network. They have just started migrating users, so it'll be interesting to know what the behaviour would be post-migration.

Sent from my STV100-1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    This is the text I got from Chatr, even though I haven't officially migrated yet.

Name:  Screenshot_20161024-092539 - Copy.png
Views: 253
Size:  123.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Guess I should have mentioned, I've been getting those for like ever.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    ^ Yeah me too I had been Receiving those messages for about a month or so while in the US

But I am officially on chatr as of around 6pm Oct 25 2016 Vancouver Time.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    What's interesting is that when I was in the U.S. last week, my Rogers phone showed Rogers-AT&T as the network, but my Mobilicity (Chatr?) phone showed T-mobile.

I haven't migrated yet, so I wonder if we'll be roaming on AT&T after that, or if we'll continue to T-mobile due to existing contracts that Mobilicity signed before they were taken over.

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor Domo View Post
    What's interesting is that when I was in the U.S. last week, my Rogers phone showed Rogers-AT&T as the network, but my Mobilicity (Chatr?) phone showed T-mobile.

I haven't migrated yet, so I wonder if we'll be roaming on AT&T after that, or if we'll continue to T-mobile due to existing contracts that Mobilicity signed before they were taken over.
    For me:

Before migration, my trips to USA were roaming on T-Mobile. After officially migrating this past weekend, a trip to USA still showed roaming on T-Mobile AND, I got the "R" roaming indicator along with the same text message.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, Moto G, Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Zoomer Wireless (Cityfone), Mobilicity, Speakout
    Feedback Score
    I think after the move to Chatr is completed, we will be roaming with ATT because some Mobi subscribers do not have AWS phone any more. I have a friend who is using an old Samsung S2.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    It's strange that Chatr(under big Rogers) doesn't have roaming in Cuba, but Mobilicity(small) has it...

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4