Thread: No new Mobilicity Accounts

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score

No new Mobilicity Accounts

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/08/15/ro...city-accounts/

Rogers officially stops activating new Mobilicity accounts

Rogers purchased Mobilicity for $465 million back in 2015.

At the time, the struggling wireless carrier amassed 150,000 wireless subscribers, but more importantly, secured wireless spectrum in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa.

As previously reported, today, August 15th, Mobilicity has officially halted the activation of new accounts. The carrier has slowly transitioned its customers away from using its network to Rogers sub-brand Chatr Mobile.

In July, Rogers sent notices to Mobilicity customers offering them $10 off their plan following the switch to Chatr. The carrier also stated that the low-priced Mobilicity monthly plan would not be grandfathered, but will offer customers a “comparable chatr plan.”

“We created exclusive chatr plans with customers’ Mobilicity plans in mind. They vary slightly all depending on what a particular customers plan was with Mobilicity with the goal of trying to make them as similar as possible,” said a Rogers spokesperson to MobileSyrup last month.

The exclusive chatr plans range in price from $30 per month to $45 per month with various amounts of talk, text and data.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    They vary slightly all depending on what a particular customers plan was with Mobilicity with the goal of trying to make them as similar as possible
    There is very little variance in the offerings, just a wild swath of pricing where some get the same plan for $25 where others can get it as much as $40

There is a voice only, no data plan
    Province-wide, 6GB data plan
    NA wide 6GB data plan
    NA wide 20GB data plan

I think those are the only flavours offered.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Feedback Score
    i have 3 Mobi accounts bought at various times of promos. I get EXACT as-is on all 3 variations. As well, 'upgrade options' were offered (and in my case on all 3 accounts, these reflected current Mobilicity line "Upgrades" and not their chatr line options.

I think MyChatrMove has been excellent in terms of offerings!
    The only gripe I have is that My 3 lines are all separated into 3 online accounts (but on one bill). With Mobi, I had 3 lines/One account/One Bill.

To anyone bashing and 'speculating' what MyChatrMove gave, just tell the truth on what you got. Stop these stupid "I think" scenarios and misleading people..

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only change I ever heard of was for calling areas
    Otherwise feature wise has been identical
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaustin0116 View Post
    i have 3 Mobi accounts bought at various times of promos. I get EXACT as-is on all 3 variations. As well, 'upgrade options' were offered (and in my case on all 3 accounts, these reflected current Mobilicity line "Upgrades" and not their chatr line options.

I think MyChatrMove has been excellent in terms of offerings!
    The only gripe I have is that My 3 lines are all separated into 3 online accounts (but on one bill). With Mobi, I had 3 lines/One account/One Bill.

To anyone bashing and 'speculating' what MyChatrMove gave, just tell the truth on what you got. Stop these stupid "I think" scenarios and misleading people..
    I agree with you. I have two lines and the split is a bit of an inconvenience.

Are you sure it's still going to be one bill? Did you read it somewhere?