Thread: Chatr & Mobi are Zone Free now???

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score

Chatr & Mobi are Zone Free now???

Perhaps as a counter to Wind's 45 & 60 Anywhere plans but even the NORMAL Chatr plans appear to be zone free now as well
    So not just the Mobi promo plans

Check it out here:
    http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/payperuse
    They very clearly delineate that the $25+ plans are zone free

Wow...

Feedback Score
    ^Chatr has been zone free since about 2 or so years . However the $20 local calling & the new $40 Plan with so called unlimited Data are Zoned Plans.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Perhaps as a counter to Wind's 45 & 60 Anywhere plans but even the NORMAL Chatr plans appear to be zone free now as well
    So not just the Mobi promo plans

Check it out here:
    http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/payperuse
    They very clearly delineate that the $25+ plans are zone free

Wow...
    New Mobilicity-migrated plans are NOT zone-free. There's currently some uncertainty as to which out-of-zone usage will be billed as PPU, depending on plan, but that doesn't mean it's zone-free (especially for data).
    Last edited by abelitin; 08-23-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    (...) There's currently some uncertainty as to which usage will be billed as PPU, depending on plan, (...)
    There is no uncertainty as to the new PPU rates for Mobilicity customers moving to Chatr. As you pointed out in the Mobilicity thread -- and I itemized every single one of the 13 newly offered My Chatr Move plans -- Chatr has detailed every single PPU charge for every single plan.

However, there is definitely disbelief. Especially all outgoing out-of-zone calls in Canada being completely free. But since this matches the current $35 Chatr plan (CANADA-WIDE TALK anywhere in Canada) and the current $45 Chatr plan (CANADA-WIDE TALK and US TALK anywhere in Canada), it seems very believable to me. We're just going to get what Chatr customers already have.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    There is no uncertainty as to the new PPU rates for Mobilicity customers moving to Chatr. As you pointed out in the Mobilicity thread -- and I itemized every single one of the 13 newly offered My Chatr Move plans -- Chatr has detailed every single PPU charge for every single plan.

However, there is definitely disbelief. Especially all outgoing out-of-zone calls in Canada being completely free. But since this matches the current $35 Chatr plan (CANADA-WIDE TALK anywhere in Canada) and the current $45 Chatr plan (CANADA-WIDE TALK and US TALK anywhere in Canada), it seems very believable to me. We're just going to get what Chatr customers already have.
    Yes, "disbelief" should have probably been a better word choice.

I understand what you say. However, I am still skeptical (another better word choice I could have used! LOL), especially considering that their latest offer that came out a few months ago is zoned and does charge for out-of-zone outbound usage. As I understand it, they came out with this offer (which is even being marketed a bit stronger than usual, to judge by the numerous ads I've seen at bus stops and the like) precisely to kind of pave the way for the migration, probably soft-testing their infrastructure in preparation for the move.

All I know is that if they didn't mean to include it and it was an error, they'll regret it because they have given us an amazing plan. They could of course back off, but they've had all this time to correct it and haven't (and some posters even report that the CSRs have confirmed that the outgoing calls and texts from out of zone are indeed included, so...)

Unless they start throttling our speed even more to make us lose patience and ditch them!

Anyways, here's hoping for the best. Time will tell!

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    Yes, "disbelief" should have probably been a better word choice.

I understand what you say. However, I am still skeptical (another better word choice I could have used! LOL), especially considering that their latest offer that came out a few months ago is zoned and does charge for out-of-zone outbound usage. As I understand it, they came out with this offer (which is even being marketed a bit stronger than usual, to judge by the numerous ads I've seen at bus stops and the like) precisely to kind of pave the way for the migration, probably soft-testing their infrastructure in preparation for the move.

All I know is that if they didn't mean to include it and it was an error, they'll regret it because they have given us an amazing plan. They could of course back off, but they've had all this time to correct it and haven't (and some posters even report that the CSRs have confirmed that the outgoing calls and texts from out of zone are indeed included, so...)

Unless they start throttling our speed even more to make us lose patience and ditch them!

Anyways, here's hoping for the best. Time will tell!
    Yes, disbelief or sceptical. LOL

I also hear a lot of Chatr Unlimited ads on the radio when I'm driving and I see a lot of their ads on the sides of buses and in subway stations too.

What Chatr is offering us seems to be a cross between their Chatr Unlimited plan and one of the regular Chatr plans. I think they're doing this to keep Mobilicity customers as happy as possible for now. As far as I've read here at HoFo and over at RFD, only two people are complaining about their My Chatr Move offer.

In our My Chatr Move offers, the only changes I remember being made are
    1) changing "North International" to "North America" -- an obvious typo, and
    2) adding 30 minutes of North American voice roaming to most (all?) people's Chatr offer.
    Chatr has had lots of time to change other parts of their offers, but they haven't. I think this means what they offered is exactly what we're going to get.

But as pointed out here a few times, Mobilicity/Chatr is a prepaid service and parent Rogers could change our My Chatr Move plans at any time to bring them more in line with the Chatr Unlimited plan.

Yes, the thing that worries me the most is the throttling we're experiencing. I noticed today around 3 pm (half an hour ago) that reading HoFo and checking two weather apps had been really slow. I really hope we'll get 3 Mbps all the time when we're on Chatr.

And I hope they get rid of super throttling the App Store during the day. I think somebody posted here download speeds in the App Store max out at 100 Kbps. Whatever it is, it's way too slow. I hate having to update apps after midnight all the time.

Yes, here's hoping for the best!

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I STRONGLY suspect throttling will disappear next year (once Wind starts LTE up)

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Shaw is no different. Just another money whore that falls in line with the rest...
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Shaw is no different. Just another money whore that falls in line with the rest...
    Oh I have heard some horror stories about Shaw
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    I STRONGLY suspect throttling will disappear next year (once Wind starts LTE up)
    Wont this drag away from fido's platform...
    Last edited by orngecrsh; 09-08-2016 at 06:36 AM.