Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Fido Migration Plan

Another option that pops up now

Fido $50 plan vs Mobi $45 plan

Fido plan only has 4GB (Mobi is 6GB) but Fido has full LTE
    Plans seem identical except for data & Mobi plan can call USA (Fido is Canada only)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-...msg-2037676/3/
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Another option that pops up now

Fido $50 plan vs Mobi $45 plan

Fido plan only has 4GB (Mobi is 6GB) but Fido has full LTE
    Plans seem identical except for data & Mobi plan can call USA (Fido is Canada only)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-...msg-2037676/3/
    I reported this here at HoFo on Aug 18:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post16706310

My post before that shows the Fido number that Mobilicity recommended I call.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if we can talk them into 6gb for, $50

I wouldn't replace my 20gb plan... But the other line I would consider

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    I wonder if we can talk them into 6gb for, $50

I wouldn't replace my 20gb plan... But the other line I would consider
    After $50 for 4 GB, additional usage is $5 / 100 MB. I really doubt they would add 2 GB for free.

The Fido rep I spoke with said if I want more than the 4 GB in the promotional offer, it will cost:

5 GB for $95
    7 GB for $105.

As I mentioned in another thread here, this is a special promotion for Mobilicity customers. At RFD, they're reporting that this promotion also works for Chatr customers too. As far as I remember, your other line isn't Chatr so it wouldn't qualify for this promotion.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    As far as I remember, your other line isn't Chatr so it wouldn't qualify for this promotion.
    Well, one of them isn't... But I have more than one other line One other is Mobi...

Actually if they did give $50 for 6gb on Fido, it would [almost] match what I have with Bell (Virgin) on my other other line... Actually, it would also be like almost what the Koodo SK plan is like.

That would be perfect because then I'd have 2 different LTE networks with 6gb each... then the 20gb chatr plan for everything else.

I might try giving them a call and seeing if there is a way to talk them into negotiating better than what they offered you.
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    (...)
    Actually if they did give $50 for 6gb on Fido, it would [almost] match what I have with Bell (Virgin) on my other other line...

(...)

I might try giving them a call and seeing if there is a way to talk them into negotiating better than what they offered you.
    I just read on RFD that "stevemiana" was on Bell and got directly ported to Fido by lying that he had a Chatr account to port. He never gave Fido any information about his imaginary Chatr account.

After he ported from Bell to Fido, he asked if they had any data promo and he got 2gb more for one year.

If it worked for him, it might work for you too!

stevemiana
    Sep 4th, 2016 4:21 pm
    Só I guess I'm one of the really lucky ones, I got the plan and ported directly out of bell to fido and I got the 2gb free for a year.

Só 50$ for 6gb and canada wide calling

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't lie, since I actually do have a Mobi (soon to be Chatr) line to port.

But 2gb more for one year is nice, but they'd need to make that not expire... Then it's a decent offer.

Actually, the dream plan would be to completely match our 20GB plan, even for $60 or $65 that would be worth it on LTE nationwide.

We know the offers Public made trying to get some of us to port. I wonder if Bell / Virgin has any offers to try to entice us?

Anyway, back to reality and I'll try giving Fido a call or maybe emailing them later this week.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I talked to Fido today and they are only offering $45 for 2gb. Not even worth a blink.

They didn't have any 4gb plans

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Fido Migration Plan

I talked to Fido today and they are only offering $45 for 2gb. Not even worth a blink.

The last day to get it was on Friday (Sep 9). My girlfriend was planning on switching from her Chatr $25 province-wide plus $15 1 GB plan, but she's too late.

That $45 plan you mentioned might be a better fit for her. She really wants to get Canada-wide calling. The extra GB at LTE speed would be a bonus. She would save herself $5 every month for the extra 2 GB she wouldn't ever use now in the expired $50 4 GB plan.

She's a really heavy WhatsApp user with voice calls (and sending/receiving photos and short videos). I told her when WhatsApp adds voice calling in the future, her 1 GB on Chatr won't be enough.

Feedback Score

Public Mobile gives you same plan for $43 and you can sign up for it anytime (i.e. not a promotion). Unlimited Canada minutes with global text and 2GB of LTE data on the Telus/Bell network.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphone7 View Post
    Public Mobile gives you same plan for $43 and you can sign up for it anytime (i.e. not a promotion). Unlimited Canada minutes with global text and 2GB of LTE data on the Telus/Bell network.
    Yes, thanks.

I considered them, but I can't switch to a plan with no data like that, or it will be all used in a few days. I contacted Public and they don't offer any data-heavy plans for any price, and Fido wanted $110 for 7gb with no discounts available.

I'll keep watching -- I'm sure eventually someone will offer data at a decent price.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphone7 View Post
    I checked their website now, but I see $135 for 90 days for that plan (about $45 per month). At the top of the page it shows "EN | ON". Are you outside Ontario? Does Public Mobile charge different prices depending on your province?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Are you outside Ontario? Does Public Mobile charge different prices depending on your province?
    Public plans are nationwide

Previous poster has factored in the autopay discount
    Plan is $135 -$6 = $129 per 90 days