Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would personally always recommend using a brand new sim directly from the MNVO. Less possibility of immediate and future issues. Recycle bottles instead of SIM cards

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haas1994 View Post
    I would personally always recommend using a brand new sim directly from the MNVO. Less possibility of immediate and future issues. Recycle bottles instead of SIM cards
    This is great advice. We have no control over others systems
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Feedback Score
    Do you allow hot spots on Boom LTE? How about phone and web browser at the same time? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Verizon.

Update: Got the answer via chat. Hot spot works with iPhone but needs 3rd party app on Android. (I presume PdaNet is what they mean) No simultaneous talk and data available.
    Last edited by Colecaz; 09-20-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colecaz View Post
    Do you allow hot spots on Boom LTE? How about phone and web browser at the same time? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Verizon.

Update: Got the answer via chat. Hot spot works with iPhone but needs 3rd party app on Android. (I presume PdaNet is what they mean) No simultaneous talk and data available.
    That is correct. It is the same for all VZW MVNO's except for the fact we offer the hotspot capability and most of the other don't offer it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Verizon.
    No simultaneous talk and data available.
    I believe simultaneous cellular voice and data on Verizon depends on either the phone or their VOLTE related service. I think the S6 and iPhones are some of the phones that require VOLTE for simultaneous voice and data, so it's accurate that you will not have access to simultaneous voice and data on an MVNO with that device. There are phones, such as some of the older Samsung models, that have been reported to use simultaneous cellular voice and data on Verizon without requiring VOLTE service.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I can do simultaneous voice and data on my S6 just fine while on Vz. It's just that I can't do it when on Boom according to their chat support and confirmed above by Jeff H.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I can do simultaneous voice and data on my S6 just fine while on Vz. It's just that I can't do it when on Boom according to their chat support and confirmed above by Jeff H.
    Simultaneous voice and data is possible on a number of the latest Verizon phones, but, on those newer phones, only if the voice can be sent over the LTE connection that is shared with data transfers. This is called Voice over LTE and is available on some new phones and some calls only (Vz to Vz calls) on Vz proper, but not at all yet on any Vz MVNO.

Voice over LTE will be coming at a later date to Verizon MVNO's, because all carriers are migrating their voice technology to LTE over time, and want to reduce the use of pre-LTE voice progressively.

(There is/was also another completely different older-technology way of doing simultaneous voice and data on old phones that have/had two radios).
    Last edited by comintel; 09-21-2016 at 12:50 AM.

Feedback Score
    Volte will become the default and only method of placing voice calls?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    Volte will become the default and only method of placing voice calls?
    That is correct. That has been the intention from the start.

Well, the current CDMA and GSM voice technologies will also be maintained for several years or more for backwards compatibility with older phones, but will be less desirable and the coverage of them will be gradually thinned out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    That is correct. That has been the intention from the start.

Well, the current CDMA and GSM voice technologies will also be maintained for several years or more for backwards compatibility with older phones, but will be less desirable and the coverage of them will be gradually thinned out.
    Probably then any VOLTE carrier will program the phone dialer app to have its own alloted data pool to make calls?
    So that they can still advertise as unlimited talk and text without cutting into the regular data pool, just like BING ON was able to do with data used from specific apps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    Probably then any VOLTE carrier will program the phone dialer app to have its own allocated data pool to make calls?
    So that they can still advertise as unlimited talk and text without cutting into the regular data pool, just like BING ON was able to do with data used from specific apps.
    Yes that is the way it is being done. There is special hardware or microcode on VoLTE-enabled phones to handle VoLTE reliably and account for it.

So anyway, getting back to Boom! and other Verizon MVNO's, I do not think it will be that long before Verizon releases voLTE (and therefore simultaneous data and voice) to them. Hopefully not too far into 2017.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I purchased and received a SIM with the 29.99 plan a week or two ago with the intent of switching my wife from cricket early this week. Life got in the way and I didn't get to it so cricket's autopay means she'll be on cricket for at least another month. If I am unable to switch right away, is there any problem holding the SIM for a month or so? I wouldn't expect that it would expire or anything but wanted to confirm.

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    Hey guys, I purchased and received a SIM with the 29.99 plan a week or two ago with the intent of switching my wife from cricket early this week. Life got in the way and I didn't get to it so cricket's autopay means she'll be on cricket for at least another month. If I am unable to switch right away, is there any problem holding the SIM for a month or so? I wouldn't expect that it would expire or anything but wanted to confirm.
    No problem.....We will see ya next month.

Feedback Score
    My plan is expiring on the 24th with pageplus. How much time should I alot for the porting process? Is it OK to start it tomorrow or is that cutting it close?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by creon1968 View Post
    My plan is expiring on the 24th with pageplus. How much time should I alot for the porting process? Is it OK to start it tomorrow or is that cutting it close?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Do you have the sim from us already?

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast