Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Might requite a similar fix to what was posed earlier.

But probably not worth the effort either. I might would just to see if they've figured it out.
    Not really going to bother wasting any more time on the Droid Mini with Boom. That phone has been relegated to being used as an media player.

Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    VoLTE working fine on the G5+?
    You have the August update with the Verizon VoLTE fix?
    No I don't have the August update with the VZW VoLTE fix. I had installed the May update shortly after getting the phone, long before Moto decided to tell people that if you have the May update you won't get the August fix they rolled out to VZW. Instead those May 1 update users will have to wait till the next Moto firmware update (which could be weeks/months away).

The G5 Plus did have the VoLTE option available from the get go after installing the Boom sim where as that same sim in the Droid Mini didn't have the VoLTE option.

I had occasional issues with poor/garbled voice quality when VoLTE was enabled so I have it disabled at the moment which is the current suggested workaround until Moto gets their act together and pushes that VZW VoLTE fix out to all VZW G5 Plus users.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    I had installed the May update shortly after getting the phone,
    Bummer about the May update.

I still wonder if fastboot could roll enough of it back to get the August fix or flash part of it.

I'm not seeing 3rd party stuff like I expected for it. Nice hardware with factory bootloader unlock. You'd think it would get lots of attention.

Feedback Score
    I am in south florida where hurricane Irma went through. Since Monday afternoon I have had no LTE data and only occasional G3 data. But the throughput on the G3 data was poor.

I stopped by my local Verizon store and asked the employees if they knew of any issues with the LTE data and they all had no issues. At the same time I had two bars of signal but no data.

Is Verizon cutting off my data? Anyone else seeing this?

Jeff, Charles what do you think?

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bob-st View Post
    I am in south florida where hurricane Irma went through. Since Monday afternoon I have had no LTE data and only occasional G3 data. But the throughput on the G3 data was poor.

I stopped by my local Verizon store and asked the employees if they knew of any issues with the LTE data and they all had no issues. At the same time I had two bars of signal but no data.

Is Verizon cutting off my data? Anyone else seeing this?

Jeff, Charles what do you think?
    Glad your safe!

We were not notified by Verizon of any disruptions, however it has been in my personal experience with natural disasters and large events you could be experiencing network overload. Especially if Wireline internet is down. You also could be in a area with COWS deployed which are only 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    Glad your safe!

We were not notified by Verizon of any disruptions, however it has been in my personal experience with natural disasters and large events you could be experiencing network overload. Especially if Wireline internet is down. You also could be in a area with COWS deployed which are only 3G.

As I meant to say, the employees at the Verizon store were getting LTE data while I was standing beside them with no data, Voice is fine just no data.

Feedback Score
    @CharlesB @Jeff: I'm moving my issues on to this thread instead of the help tickets as I'm not able to get feedback from you guys on the support tickets. I've been trying this last couple of weeks, and I do not wanna keep typing up the issues over and over again when i talk to a new customer rep.

So a lil bit of history:
    I have a verizon lg g5 and have been on boom for a few months now. when you rolled out volte, i signed up and got HD voice calling but no hotspot. After a few weeks of back and forth (similar to the cases on threads here), it was determined that my phone will not get hotspot feature.

around 2 weeks back, i went through a few system updates (right now upto Aug 1 security update on this phone) and the message shown when you try to enable hotspot changed from "mobile number not found" to something else. So i decided to try and enable hotspot again.

I filled out the volte form again on the boom site (because the chat was not available and there was not other way to let you know that it was only hotspot) and after a couple of hours noticed that data connection was lost. so i opened a ticket to get it resolved and the only option was to disable volte..

whenever i enable volte, i lose data connection. boom provided me with an apn that needs to be updated, but on my phone i do not have an option to add new or edit current apn.. did verizon lock it down in the recent updates? did anybody else run into the same issue?

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kreegaa View Post
    @CharlesB @Jeff: I'm moving my issues on to this thread instead of the help tickets as I'm not able to get feedback from you guys on the support tickets. I've been trying this last couple of weeks, and I do not wanna keep typing up the issues over and over again when i talk to a new customer rep.

So a lil bit of history:
    I have a verizon lg g5 and have been on boom for a few months now. when you rolled out volte, i signed up and got HD voice calling but no hotspot. After a few weeks of back and forth (similar to the cases on threads here), it was determined that my phone will not get hotspot feature.

around 2 weeks back, i went through a few system updates (right now upto Aug 1 security update on this phone) and the message shown when you try to enable hotspot changed from "mobile number not found" to something else. So i decided to try and enable hotspot again.

I filled out the volte form again on the boom site (because the chat was not available and there was not other way to let you know that it was only hotspot) and after a couple of hours noticed that data connection was lost. so i opened a ticket to get it resolved and the only option was to disable volte..

whenever i enable volte, i lose data connection. boom provided me with an apn that needs to be updated, but on my phone i do not have an option to add new or edit current apn.. did verizon lock it down in the recent updates? did anybody else run into the same issue?
    PM your MDN please

Feedback Score
    I use 2 apps on my phone that tracks usage. For the text and data it matches the "My Usage" tab in the Boom web interface. However, voice usage is way off. As of this moment, my apps say I have used 376 minutes for the current billing cycle. I also manually calculated going through my call logs and rounding up the calls I get 382 minutes used. However, the Boom usage page says I used 1100 minutes. I'm on the unlimited plan, so usage-wise it doesn't matter for me, but does this happen for anyone else? Should I be concerned about this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    Glad your safe!

Charles, around noon on last Monday (the day after the hurricane left this area) I stopped getting LTE and or G3 data. I put my sim card into my backup phone and still got no data so I am pretty sure that this is not a phone issue. During the last week I have driven to several locations about 50 miles from my house so I also know that this is not a local tower issue.

Finely my question... Is there anyway you can contact Verizon (I have tried but they wont talk to me) to see if they have cut off their MVNOs in the hurricane affected area.

This is very frustrating issue for me because I use google voice for my text messages so without data my phone is (well) just a phone :-(.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Feedback Score
    Charles, around noon on last Monday (the day after the hurricane left this area) I stopped getting LTE and or G3 data. I put my sim card into my backup phone and still got no data so I am pretty sure that this is not a phone issue. During the last week I have driven to several locations about 50 miles from my house so I also know that this is not a local tower issue.

Finely my question... Is there anyway you can contact Verizon (I have tried but they wont talk to me) to see if they have cut off their MVNOs in the hurricane affected area.

This is very frustrating issue for me because I use google voice for my text messages so without data my phone is (well) just a phone :-(.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
    this may not be a permanent solution.. but till things are back to "normal" couldnt you enable google voice forwarding of texts to your phone? i only use the app/web version of google voice to initiate a text.. once i get a reply to a text and it gets forwarded by google voice to my phone, i'm able to reply and for the recipient it will look like i'm texting from my google voice number..

Feedback Score
    this may not be a permanent solution.. but till things are back to "normal" couldnt you enable google voice forwarding of texts to your phone? i only use the app/web version of google voice to initiate a text.. once i get a reply to a text and it gets forwarded by google voice to my phone, i'm able to reply and for the recipient it will look like i'm texting from my google voice number..
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try :-). Not sure if I can send a google voice text without data but I'll find out.

(edit to post, Your suggestion worked , I am able to send and receive google voice text without data... Thanks)

But my larger question is if Verizon has stopped data to Boom customers in South Florida.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try :-). Not sure if I can send a google voice text without data but I'll find out.

(edit to post, Your suggestion worked , I am able to send and receive google voice text without data... Thanks)

But my larger question is if Verizon has stopped data to Boom customers in South Florida.
    I got resolution today. The problem was that Boom made an upgrade to their system and for some reason the new APNs would not download to my phone. After about an hour on CHAT today, Sarah was able to get my LTE to work. The Boom tech support came through again. Thanks Sarah.

Feedback Score
    I got resolution today. The problem was that Boom made an upgrade to their system and for some reason the new APNs would not download to my phone. After about an hour on CHAT today, Sarah was able to get my LTE to work. The Boom tech support came through again. Thanks Sarah.
    I think i ran into the same data issue last week.. after trying a few things, Charles had me turn off my phone, take the sim out and wait half hour before i put in the sim, rebooted and immediately tried to call out.. which he mentioned will force a PRL update on my LG G5.. i got my data back after that.. now i'm scared to go back and try to enable volte and/or disable voicemail (which is what started this mess)..

Feedback Score
    I think i ran into the same data issue last week.. after trying a few things, Charles had me turn off my phone, take the sim out and wait half hour before i put in the sim, rebooted and immediately tried to call out.. which he mentioned will force a PRL update on my LG G5.. i got my data back after that.. now i'm scared to go back and try to enable volte and/or disable voicemail (which is what started this mess)..
    I am a little disappointed with the response from Charles to my data outage. Because I thought my problem was Verizon hurricane related it took me several additional days before I actually contacted Boom support. The problem turned out to be caused by the boom APN changes.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am a little disappointed with the response from Charles to my data outage. Because I thought my problem was Verizon hurricane related it took me several additional days before I actually contacted Boom support. The problem turned out to be caused by the boom APN changes.
    Bob sorry to disappoint you! PRL is your Preferred Roaming List which has to do with connecting to the towers, If a tower is repaired or changed hardware it usually wil force your device to get a new PRL. You initially were NOT on the new APN, that was part of the troubleshooting we did. Forcing the PRL resolved the issue for several folks in weather related areas (like my father in law in houston).

As a side note. PLEASE open a ticket with support if you have a issue, that is our FIRST priotiy and we monitor our tickets continously. I dont log into HoFo daily and most of the time I do I am away from the office. You can reach support via:

1. support.boom.us (self help, chat and manual ticket creation, you can follow up on your tickets here if you provide an email address)
    2. Myaccount.boom.us (chat option or at the top of your account page Raise ticket)
    3. boom.us (Click on Chat)
    4. eMail [email protected]
    5. Call (888) 869-1141

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast