Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Why is no one talking about Expo Mobile?

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Moto G4 Play, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    Expo Mobile, Tracfone (AT&T), Tello, AT&T Unlimited Data Pass
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Oh, so the question isn't really about using Google Voice, but instead it's about using Google Voice Voicemail for the voicemail on your real Expo Mobile number? If so, I think your question is whether or not Expo, using the Vzw network, supports conditional call forwarding. It should, but that is a simple question that Expo CS should be able to easily answer.

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115110?hl=en
    Boz - I called CS at Expo Mobile and was told that Expo does not support conditional call forwarding or Google Voicemail, which is a big negative for me. I have used Selectel since January 11 on their $75 plan and it's been good, but my Moto 3G is very outdated. I'm afraid that I may have to go with Tracfone Verizon triple minutes since I use their AT&T service with no complaints at all outside of the fact that I don't like the sim being tied to my Moto G3.

I think Tracfone is a better deal than Selectel since you get some data and get to use a real up to date smartphone.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    Boz - I called CS at Expo Mobile and was told that Expo does not support conditional call forwarding or Google Voicemail, which is a big negative for me. I have used Selectel since January 11 on their $75 plan and it's been good, but my Moto 3G is very outdated. I'm afraid that I may have to go with Tracfone Verizon triple minutes since I use their AT&T service with no complaints at all outside of the fact that I don't like the sim being tied to my Moto G3.

I think Tracfone is a better deal than Selectel since you get some data and get to use a real up to date smartphone.
    Oh. That's surprising. Too bad, if that CSR was correct.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I signed up with Expo Mobile's Verizon service about a week ago on the $10 three month prepay plan. I ported a number over from Selectel and that went very smooth; it took less than a half hour. Almost everything with Expo is done via the phone outside of ordering the service. Once I received the free sim, I had to call EXPO up for them to activate the phone and port my number over. Calling/texting works fine. Expo Mobile CS says that Expo does not support conditional call forwarding. However, I can access my google voicemail when I dial my google number on the phone. Calls do get forwarded via Google voice. One cannot bypass the password when you dial one on your phone. That is to say, one always has to put in the password when dialing one or accessing voicemail on the system. That seems a bit backward. Moreover, there is no way of checking one's balance outside of calling Customer service. When the three month period is up, one gets a message. If you use up your money before the three months is up, the phone will just stop working. You can then renew or add money to the account. I suppose that's the catch behind the 2 cents a minute voice/text.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I signed up with Expo Mobile's Verizon service about a week ago on the $10 three month prepay plan. I ported a number over from Selectel and that went very smooth; it took less than a half hour. Almost everything with Expo is done via the phone outside of ordering the service. Once I received the free sim, I had to call EXPO up for them to activate the phone and port my number over. Calling/texting works fine. Expo Mobile CS says that Expo does not support conditional call forwarding. However, I can access my google voicemail when I dial my google number on the phone. Calls do get forwarded via Google voice. One cannot bypass the password when you dial one on your phone. That is to say, one always has to put in the password when dialing one or accessing voicemail on the system. That seems a bit backward. Moreover, there is no way of checking one's balance outside of calling Customer service. When the three month period is up, one gets a message. If you use up your money before the three months is up, the phone will just stop working. You can then renew or add money to the account. I suppose that's the catch behind the 2 cents a minute voice/text.
    You CAN get your cash balance without talking to CS by dialing *611 from the handset.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Boz - I tried dialing 611 and got Verizon Prepaid service and when they asked for my number, they didn't recognize it. There was no way to get my balance.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I will try *611. Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I trued *611 and get Verizon wireless, which does not recognize my device. There is no way, according to CS, to get updated balance outside of calling CS.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I trued *611 and get Verizon wireless, which does not recognize my device. There is no way, according to CS, to get updated balance outside of calling CS.
    That's so strange. When we dial *611 on my mom's LG Octane VN530, it gives balances, which are all 0, since she is using PayGo (no monthly plan) and then it gives the cash balance.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That's so strange. When we dial *611 on my mom's LG Octane VN530, it gives balances, which are all 0, since she is using PayGo (no monthly plan) and then it gives the cash balance.
    I just had her try again. The *611 automated response not only gave the cash balance, it also gave the # of days until expiration.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just had her try again. The *611 automated response not only gave the cash balance, it also gave the # of days until expiration.
    I just tried *611 again and I get Verizon Wireless. And I am on the $10 Paygo plan for 3 months. I'm using an unlocked Moto G4 Play. Verizon doesn't even recognize my phone number when I type it in. Anyway, the service works so I can't really complain.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Boz- the guy I dealt with in CS was Kevin. I remember his name because that's my brother's name. He set everything up, including the port. He had a very low tolerance threshold. He kept on asking me for my order number and I couldn't find it because I accidentally deleted the email. I did receive the sim card in the mail with instructions to call, but there was no order number there. We went back and forth for about 10 minutes before I gave him the tracking number for the order, which allowed him to find the order number. But Kevin was willing to throw in the towel and give up right away without the order number.
    Maybe the set up is different given the two different phones involved. I think Tracfone owns Expo Mobile because when I type 611 it says on my screen Tracfone.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Boz- the guy I dealt with in CS was Kevin. I remember his name because that's my brother's name. He set everything up, including the port. He had a very low tolerance threshold. He kept on asking me for my order number and I couldn't find it because I accidentally deleted the email. I did receive the sim card in the mail with instructions to call, but there was no order number there. We went back and forth for about 10 minutes before I gave him the tracking number for the order, which allowed him to find the order number. But Kevin was willing to throw in the towel and give up right away without the order number.
    Maybe the set up is different given the two different phones involved. I think Tracfone owns Expo Mobile because when I type 611 it says on my screen Tracfone.
    As you noted, the difference could very well be that my mom's phone is a 3G, non-smartphone.

I hadn't ever associated Expo with TF. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd need to see it documented somewhere before I believe that they are related.

Device(s)
    Saumsung Galaxy S5, Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation), LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    I just tried *611 again and I get Verizon Wireless. And I am on the $10 Paygo plan for 3 months. I'm using an unlocked Moto G4 Play. Verizon doesn't even recognize my phone number when I type it in. Anyway, the service works so I can't really complain.
    Do you get Expo Mobile instead of Verizon Wireless when you dial 611 instead of *611? If so, then it sounds like your number didn't port over to Expo Mobile properly... Expo Mobile would have to fix that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    Do you get Expo Mobile instead of Verizon Wireless when you dial 611 instead of *611? If so, then it sounds like your number didn't port over to Expo Mobile properly... Expo Mobile would have to fix that.

collegea said above that Vzw answers when calling either 611 or *611.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post

I called up Expo Mobile today about the 611 or *611 issue where I get Verizon Wireless instead of Expo Mobile. The issue got escalated to tech support, but they were not able to resolve the problem. CS called me back three times asking if the issue got resolved. On the final call, CS said a lot of people have the same issue I do and they will try to resolve it over the next week after the Holidays. Sounds like I will be living with this. At least, calls and texts work both ways.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast