Thread: Chatr says get a new sim card if you're travelling after Sept 20

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Chatr says get a new sim card if you're travelling after Sept 20

However, does anyone know if they will charge you for one?

I'm going off the FAQ:

What happens if I travel outside of Canada?

If you are planning to travel outside of Canada, standard roaming rates will apply, if this feature is not included in your plan. Be sure to check out our roaming rates and ensure that you have extra funds in your account to cover any pay-per-use charges.

Tip: If you plan on traveling outside of Canada or the US after September 20, 2016 be sure to swap out your SIM card at participating chatr retailer locations as you will experience connectivity issues. Find the participating chatr store nearest you at mobilicity.ca/stores. Plus, don’t forget to check out our roaming rates before you go at chatrmobile.com/roaming.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    It should be free of charge

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 plus, Freetel Musashi & Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have called mobilicity customer service about this. I will be travelling to Dubai from the 1st to the 7th of October. I asked them if I need to get a new sim from chatr in regards to the text message. The lady informed me that it wouldn't be necessary since my account hasn't been switched over to chatr. She assured me that I would be fine roaming in Dubai on my current SIM card and said she confirmed with her supervisor. Im wondering has anyone even tried to go get their new sim?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have called mobilicity customer service about this. I will be travelling to Dubai from the 1st to the 7th of October. I asked them if I need to get a new sim from chatr in regards to the text message. The lady informed me that it wouldn't be necessary since my account hasn't been switched over to chatr. She assured me that I would be fine roaming in Dubai on my current SIM card and said she confirmed with her supervisor. Im wondering has anyone even tried to go get their new sim?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr, Rogers
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    can anyone confirm if was indeed free?

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaustin0116 View Post
    can anyone confirm if was indeed free?
    I'm planning to get a chatr sim as my phone goes in roaming in Toronto.
    What's the process to get a free SIM?

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro using HoFo app

Feedback Score
    i got mine changed. They wanted to charge me. I had to scream and shout to get it refunded back. I paid first. I think you cant get out of that. Pay the store first $10 and then scream at them over phone (while you're there) to refund it. Just be nice and dont blame the poor store owners - its not their faults.

Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    I'm planning to get a chatr sim as my phone goes in roaming in Toronto.
    What's the process to get a free SIM?

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    i got mine changed. They wanted to charge me. I had to scream and shout to get it refunded back. I paid first. I think you cant get out of that. Pay the store first $10 and then scream at them over phone (while you're there) to refund it. Just be nice and dont blame the poor store owners - its not their faults.
    Hmm... Why it can't be civilized way?)

That's the response I got from customer support :

If you have a Mobilicity SIM and are planning on traveling outside of Canada or the US, you can swap out your SIM card at no charge at participating chatr retailer locations before you go. To find the participating chatr authorized dealer nearest, visit -*www.chatrmobile.com*in the "Store Locator" section.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Chatr told me they give free SIM + free number change
    I assume the charge is just store guys making money

Feedback Score

Chatr says get a new sim card if you're travelling after Sept 20

This is ridiculous... Customer service representative had nothing to do with it. The worst thing in this is you coming back here replying: "- its not their faults."

With all due respect you have no manners... Shame on you...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid mini
    Carrier(s)
    Rogerlicity
    Feedback Score
    Went to a chatr store today, asked them about the sim exchange, I was told no need to change the mobi sim unless your leaving the country if you still want to get a new sim you will be charged for the sim but will get a credit put on you account.
    Mobilicity $15.00 Promo plan + $5.00 increase under rogers ownership.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel cool View Post
    Went to a chatr store today, asked them about the sim exchange, I was told no need to change the mobi sim unless your leaving the country if you still want to get a new sim you will be charged for the sim but will get a credit put on you account.
    I guess it depends on the store :

Thank you for contacting Chatr Mobile™.

Hello,

I certainly undertsnad the reason behind wanting it done free of charge, it should be done at no cost to you but some retail stores don’t follow this and charge the customer which in turn we credit the SIM back to their chatr account.**

Yes after the 8 months of receiving the auto pay credit you can use the bonuses to pay for your monthly service, we have no way of controlling whether or not it is used for pay per use that all depends on the customer and whether or not they use any features not included in the plan they choose with chatr.

If you wish to use the credit on the account to pay for your monthly plan yes you will need to call and cancel the automatic payments, and once the balance has reached an insufficient amount you can again activate the automatic payments.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel cool View Post
    I got new Sim swap for free without credit hassle at this store :

chatr Mobile

2129 Danforth Ave.

Toronto, ON

(647) 713-6666