Hello, I just picked up something called a Basic Talk for $5 from a thrift store (which I thought was like an OBiTalk but now found out it's different :^) and now i'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

I originally heard about OBiTalk and that it could work with Google Voice (assumes this is still in operation?) so it was in the back of my mind when I saw it. I'm wondering if there's any way I can use this to do the same thing. Apparently at the core it's a Grandstream HT701 if you can reset it to factory settings, hack it, and put in a custom firmware. But I don't fully know what that means because I don't understand SIPphones that well other than I think this is/was supposed to be one. :P As searching for that, plus google voice doesn't turn up much.

Can someone either tell me where to find more info (other forums if needed) or how to make use of it? Technically I can return it within two days if I can't do anything useful with it - it's only $5, but i'd still rather have the $5 back if it's worthless. :^)