Thread: What's the most advanced country in the world re. cell phones/cool features/usage.

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

What's the most advanced country in the world re. cell phones/cool features/usage.

When I first started coming to these forums, it was Japan. People raved about how their cells worked in subways, mountains, etc. Their phones had the best cameras, most games, bluetooth...We were in the dark ages compared to them. Is this still the case? The new iphone was just released and I think that's a worldwide release with EVERYONE wanting one.

BTW, I googled this and most of the articles were from 2010 and that's an eternity with cell phone technology.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I think the playing field is fairly level now. Finland seems to be a nation of early adopters and experimenters who are always coming up with new ways to use their phones. For a time, Japan had a lead because their network was so dense and what people wanted to do could be done by small, semi-dumb phones with a lot of network integration. In reality, it was as if the US had fully adopted BREW and done a lot of cool things with it. Most of the world wanted to power to be in the phone, not the network, and waited until they got little hand-held super-computers.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, DR. I'm old enough to remember having a Motorola Startac (it was on the show Frasier!). Then the Moto Razr. I also had a bunch of really small candybar phones. For a while, I thought we were heading for smaller is better. I also had a small candybar with a 3MP camera. Wow! Cant remember the name. But then we were sold on these giant smartphones. My wife hates when I wear cargopants, but those are the pants where the phone doesn't bulge out when in your pants.