Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will data cutouts end soon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iasi2050 View Post
    I had this issue where anything google.com (only .com, not .ca) wouldn't work. Since voice uses the .com domain, that's why it doesn't work. This is because of outdated APN settings. Search the mobilicity site's FAQs for changing APN settings (basically remove proxy+port from existing settings).
    I can't believe they changed the apn info and didn't announce it. I confirmed mine with their site when they switched us. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, still lots of cutouts and crap throughput. Sometimes .05 upload, sometimes 0, sometimes "network communication error".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRFD View Post
    Yes we have been switched over. At least for me in Vancouver.

Our ping used to be over 200ms for a Speedtest from Vancouver, now it is 24ms. Download is solid at 3Mbps and upload at 2Mbps.
    Yesterday at 1:03am

1.52 down, 0.11 up, 146 ping

Now at 9:34pm

2.92 down, 0.34 up, 46 ping

So I concur that we are switched over, I just hope upload speed improves for me in North Vancouver.

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    One more observation to confirm the switch is under way; our two lines now have data, which we chose for the Chatr offer, but did not have with Mobilicity (talk/text only).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    I had this issue where anything google.com (only .com, not .ca) wouldn't work. Since voice uses the .com domain, that's why it doesn't work. This is because of outdated APN settings. Search the mobilicity site's FAQs for changing APN settings (basically remove proxy+port from existing settings).
    A massive thank you to iasi2050! I was having the same problem as bluenote73 (Google voice recognition didn't work on mobile data), this was very annoying. I tried various things like wiping my phone, reinstalling different ROMs, etc and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. And of course, a Google search wasn't very fruitful since this problem is specific to the Mobilicity APN settings.

It's working now, and I'm happy to get voice recognition functionality back.

Feedback Score
    Everything working very well for me today. Esp thanks for apn info.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I was getting 20Mbps up and 9Mbps down last night in Brampton/Mississauga North.

Obviously, it's tamed down but I do believe this 'QoS' is more systematic than network congestion. Rogers has plenty of bandwidth. However, downtown (union), I've seen even my corp line on Rogers LTE struggle. Let alone ours.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    I have removed proxy and port from APN. In fact, I have deleted old APN and created a new one.
    I don't see any major improvement to the data.
    Here is my speedtestName:  1475980272203.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  55.8 KB

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Both yesterday midday and today - Sunday at 9:30am - I had the 0 data issue again... So I guess they are slowly re-adding the unreliability elements to us under Chatr data so that we want to ditch Chatr

Anyone else experience this in the last couple weeks since they made the data quality changes near the end of September?
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    I don't have zero data issue. Overall it works just ok.
    YouTube buffers and shows in 480 quality.
    But I don't think it's much better than mobi data before.
    The speed cap is ridiculously low.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Never got the zero data problem since we switched over, and I can stream youtube live at 720p, very happy over here

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Where are you located?

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    My iPhone SE is dead now saying "No SIM". At 6:45 EDT, my iPhone said "No Service". When I tried later, "No SIM".

Numerous times I have shut down my iPhone SE, waited a few minutes, and restarted, but I'm still told "No SIM" (7:45 EDT).

Anybody else experience this loss of service? I'm in eastern Scarborough right now (GTA).

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app
    Is Rogers/Chatr/Mobilicity back at it again tonight? I was using my iPhone SE just fine all day and early evening in Pickering. When I entered eastern Scarborough at 9 pm, I'm back to the old "No SIM" nonsense again.

Back on Sep 22 it lasted almost two hours before it went away after magically editing my APN settings.

Perhaps this is the start of us finally moving completely over to Chatr? The employee I spoke to on Friday, Sep 30 at the Chatr/Mobilicity kiosk in the Scarborough Town Centre said we should be fully moved over to Chatr by the end of this week.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is Rogers/Chatr/Mobilicity back at it again tonight? (...)
    Yay, the Mobilicity network is back for me now after at least two hours and 15 minutes. No change to my APN settings this time. And still "Mobilicity" at the top of my display.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Where are you located?

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app
    all around scarborough

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is Rogers/Chatr/Mobilicity back at it again tonight? I was using my iPhone SE just fine all day and early evening in Pickering. When I entered eastern Scarborough at 9 pm, I'm back to the old "No SIM" nonsense again.

Back on Sep 22 it lasted almost two hours before it went away after magically editing my APN settings.

Perhaps this is the start of us finally moving completely over to Chatr? The employee I spoke to on Friday, Sep 30 at the Chatr/Mobilicity kiosk in the Scarborough Town Centre said we should be fully moved over to Chatr by the end of this week.

Yep, the employee was right. I'm moving to Chatr!!

Message from chatr: We are almost ready for your move! You are scheduled to join us in the next few days. There are some important things to note. You will experience incoming service disruptions lasting up to 7 hours the night of your move. Outgoing 9-1-1 emergency services will continue to work. Thank you for being a Mobilicity customer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast