Thread: Tmo on att Ipad

Device(s)
    Motorola T731
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular 10years
    Feedback Score

Tmo on att Ipad

Just bought unlocked ipad2 from att. It sees sim as tmobile 3g but will not connect to Internet. Tried cricket sim card and it work to verify that it is unlocked.
    Does tmo prepaid not work with ipad?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NautTboy View Post
    Just bought unlocked ipad2 from att. It sees sim as tmobile 3g but will not connect to Internet. Tried cricket sim card and it work to verify that it is unlocked.
    Does tmo prepaid not work with ipad?
    A Cricket-AT&T SIM in an AT&T tablet would not prove that it is unlocked. The T-Mobile SIM would if it worked.

I have no solutions yet, but a similar situation. I bought a T-Mobile SIM and activated it for tablet 200 MB/month for free for life. My tablet is an AT&T unlocked LG G Pad F. I have not been able to get it to work. When off wifi with good T-Mo signal it will launch into some sort of activation page, but it won't continue or complete. I spent an hour on the phone with T-Mo they were unable to understand why it doesn't work or fix it.

There was something about receiving a text, but it is a tablet without a text app. It would receive some sort of text or notification, but it would just launch some AT&T app to activate AT&T service.

When I put my Truphone SIM in it works fine. I think this proves that my tablet is unlocked.

T-Mobile is a confusing mess. Their tech support can't go ahead and activate it if their broken online system doesn't work.

Device(s)
    Motorola T731
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular 10years
    Feedback Score
    Ya that's what I got. Took me to activation page for the device but since the sim is (maybe married) activated to other device it won't continue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NautTboy View Post
    Ya that's what I got. Took me to activation page for the device but since the sim is (maybe married) activated to other device it won't continue.
    Mystery solved or more bad information from T-Mobile:

I just did another hour on the phone with T-Mobile. This time they said that my tablet is not eligible for the free 200 MB/month. Only tablets with IMEIs that start with 13-something are eligible. Presumably these are T-Mobile tablets - mine is AT&T. They said it would work with purchased data and said they gave me a week data pass to try.

I did check online before purchasing the SIM that my AT&T tablet would work. Maybe I missed the distinction that it would only work with paid data. Oh, well, only $4 wasted and if I need data in a pinch I can pay for it - don't know the price, but I am sure it is more than I want to pay. I could have bought the T-Mobile version of the tablet, but they were not unlocked. I thought the AT&T unlocked would be better and work well enough on T-Mobile.

I guess I will try FreedomPOP GSM.

Is your T-Mobile prepaid the free 200 MB/month?