Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Already moved to Chatr

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheystar View Post
    Anyone have any idea if we need to switch SIM cards for roaming abroad? Customer service says I can roam with my current sim as we haven't switched but don't want to run into any troubles when am abroad. I will be out between oct 1 to October 7
    U.S. roaming is fine. Anywhere else, you'll need to get a new SIM.

http://mobilicity.ca/support/chatrmoveFAQ/

Will I have to change my SIM card?

Good news, your current SIM card will work on the chatr network within Canada and the US.

Tip: If you plan on traveling outside of Canada or the US after September 20, 2016 be sure to swap out your SIM card at participating chatr retailer locations as you will experience connectivity issues. Find the participating chatr store nearest you at mobilicity.ca/stores. Plus, don’t forget to check out our roaming rates before you go at chatrmobile.com/roaming.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor Domo View Post
    "Officially" how do we know that we've been moved over? Everything you're saying above may be true, but it's really just circumstantial. Doesn't look like anyone's actually received an official "welcome message" from Chatr saying that the migration has been completed.

Also, I can still login to the Mobi website using my existing login info, but I can't do the same for Chatr - doesn't even recognize my phone number.
    We are not moved yet
    Payments still being made to Mobi
    Even roaming indicators (which txt said were supposed to be gone) are still showing Mobi

I am beginning to think plans will stay under Mobi just with Chatr coverage at this point
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score

Already moved to Chatr

I was at the Scarborough Town Centre today, so I went to the former Mobilicity now Chatr kiosk just outside the Rogers store. I asked one of the employees when our Mobilicity to Chatr move will finish. He said by the end of the second week in October.

The employee seemed to be really knowledgeable. He knew we moved to Chatr data on Sep 22, but nothing else has happened yet (still waiting on removal of roaming indicator, larger local zones, move to Chatr's billing system). He said it is taking Rogers longer to move us than they originally planned, but we will definitely be moved by the end of the second week in October.

With the deadline to accept our exclusive Chatr offer extended to Monday, October 3, a completed move to Chatr by around Friday, October 14 sounds plausible to me.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    (...)
    The employee seemed to be really knowledgeable. He knew we moved to Chatr data on Sep 22, but nothing else has happened yet (still waiting on removal of roaming indicator, larger local zones, move to Chatr's billing system). He said it is taking Rogers longer to move us than they originally planned, but we will definitely be moved by the end of the second week in October.

(...)
    I beg to differ

I'm sure we have been migrated in terms of network: data, clearly, but voice (and presumably text) as well. Calls between the Rogers family of networks are extremely clear now (I'd dare say HD). But perhaps more obvious, if we dial a number which is outside of our calling area (and therefore, potentially long distance to some plans), we get a message asking us to dial 1. This didn't happen before -we could dial any 10-digit number in NA with or without the preceding 1. There were also a couple of non-consecutive days in which there were issues with text messages (I had a full day of SMSs not being delivered outside of the Rogers network, whereas someone else posted the opposite: only text to other carrier would go through. All this is perfectly normal in a transition like this and it's a sign that work is being done.

Some folks have also reported larger zones (mostly in bordering areas) but obviously, this is a bit harder to attest to.

I do agree that we have not been moved to the Chatr billing system yet (which I posted elsewhere). This can be supported by the fact that we can still log into Mobi site, but not into Chatr's, and also, we are still being billed the existing plans as opposed to the new ones.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    I beg to differ

(...)
    I still don't have voicemail which is supposed to be part of my new offer.

And as I documented here at HoFo last weekend, there hadn't been any increase to our local zone in the eastern GTA. I even saw "CDN Roaming" both last Friday (Ajax) and Saturday (Oshawa). This roaming notification should not appear if we are on Chatr. (I haven't been able to test roaming yet this weekend.)

Rogers/Chatr/Mobilicity still has quite a bit of work to do.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Roaming data

So a quick update. I've had roaming data disabled and left the zone with no extra my wallet credit.

I lost service and regained it, and still have data connectivity.

The network name changed to CDN Roaming, but the roaming indicator did not come on.

I hope the zones are just for marketing on chatr , but not actually enforced... Wishful thinking

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

And as I documented here at HoFo last weekend, there hadn't been any increase to our local zone in the eastern GTA. I even saw "CDN Roaming" both last Friday (Ajax) and Saturday (Oshawa). This roaming notification should not appear if we are on Chatr. (I haven't been able to test roaming yet this weekend.)

I am in Oshawa now and, as I expected, I still see "CDN Roaming". So we still don't have the new expanded Chatr zone in the eastern GTA (which should go to the Oshawa/Courtice border).

So I'm still waiting for:
    • voicemail and all the other new features of my new Chatr plan
    • larger local zone in the eastern GTA
    • removal of "CDN Roaming" roaming indicator
    • and, of course, being moved over to the Chatr billing system.

I hope that Chatr/Mobilicity employee at the Scarborough Town Centre was right and Rogers/Chatr/Mobilicity will finish all this work by the end of the second week this month.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

That's probably because the billing/account system is still with Mobilicity. This is where plans, features and add-ons are provisioned. I was referring more to network infrastructure (in other words, that our traffic is now fully routed via Chatr (that is, Rogers) network system rather than the legacy Mobilicity).

Some users have even reported that they've recently gotten data, which they didn't have in their Mobilicity plans. Some others have even reported that they chose a plan without data and yet they have it now. This tells me that a lot of tweaks and adjustments have already been made in the network.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I am in Oshawa now and, as I expected, I still see "CDN Roaming". So we still don't have the new expanded Chatr zone in the eastern GTA (which should go to the Oshawa/Courtice border).

So I'm still waiting for:
    • voicemail and all the other new features of my new Chatr plan
    • larger local zone in the eastern GTA
    • removal of "CDN Roaming" roaming indicator
    • and, of course, being moved over to the Chatr billing system.

I hope that Chatr/Mobilicity employee at the Scarborough Town Centre was right and Rogers/Chatr/Mobilicity will finish all this work by the end of the second week this month.

Seeing CDN Roaming as network name, and having a roaming indicator are different things.

Do you get the little "R" instead of (or as well as) the "H" on the cellular signal indicator? That is the roaming indicator.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Already moved to Chatr

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Seeing CDN Roaming as network name, and having a roaming indicator are different things.

Do you get the little "R" instead of (or as well as) the "H" on the cellular signal indicator? That is the roaming indicator.
    Yes, they're different, but I'm using Mobilicity's terminology:
    Mobilicity: Your roaming notification will disappear on your device screen as of September 20, 2016 when you are out of zone. This is the message that reads "CDN Roaming" or "T-Mobile". Remember, you are subject to pay-per-use rates when using your mobile out of zone.
    I don't see a little "R" on my iPhone SE right now. I have never seen a little "R" as a Mobilicity customer. When I've been in Ajax and Oshawa over the last several months, I always see "CDN Roaming" and "3G" to the right of it. As I mentioned earlier in this same thread, I only set "3G" under "Voice & Data" on my iPhone. Should I set this to "LTE"? As I said in that earlier post, Apple warned me that our current network is not certified for LTE and if I go ahead with LTE, there could be a significant impact to battery life. Should I enable LTE so I'll see an "H"?

Under Cellular settings, I have "Data Roaming" turned on. If I turn this off, will that enable the little "R" to appear? I'm afraid to try that now because I don't want to be stuck without data here in Oshawa. (I don't have any money in My Wallet for roaming fees.)
    Last edited by The_Night_Owl; 10-02-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abelitin View Post
    Some users have even reported that they've recently gotten data, which they didn't have in their Mobilicity plans. Some others have even reported that they chose a plan without data and yet they have it now.
    Well they better fix that - it's unfair to the rest of us who are paying for it.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Under Cellular settings, I have "Data Roaming" turned on. If I turn this off, will that enable the little "R" to appear? I'm afraid to try that now because I don't want to be stuck without data here in Oshawa. (I don't have any money in My Wallet for roaming fees.)
    Yes, it should. At least on Android, if I have Roaming Data enabled, it will show H+ if I have it off, it shows R.

Feedback Score
    got some pretty nice speeds earlier today
    Name:  Screenshot_20161002-135920.png
Views: 268
Size:  944.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Name:  Screenshot_20161002-145747.png
Views: 259
Size:  453.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20161002-145844.png
Views: 254
Size:  453.6 KB

Maybe they disabled throttling for a bit lol. Would be nice if these were permanent

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_torch View Post
    Yes, it should. At least on Android, if I have Roaming Data enabled, it will show H+ if I have it off, it shows R.
    I took a chance now and turned "Data Roaming" off on my iPhone SE. I still have data working right now, but there has been no change to my iPhone's display: "CDN Roaming" followed by "3G". Maybe I have to restart my iPhone to see the "R"? If I restart my iPhone, I will definitely lose all data until I get back to Pickering (Mobilicity's eastern GTA border under Rogers' control).

Should I enable LTE even though Apple warns me that our network today is not certified for LTE?
    Enable LTE?

This cellular network has not been certified by the carrier for LTE on iPhone. Battery life, calls, text messages, voicemail, and cellular data may be affected.

Cancel Enable LTE
    Sorry for asking a third time now, but I'm not a network administrator and nobody has answered.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast