Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you sign for the $80 bonus for auto payments?

Feedback Score

Did you sign for the $80 bonus for auto payments?

Hi guys,

did you sign up for the $80 bonus for credit card auto payments? can we do it now or do we need to wait until the switch is over after Sep 30?

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gelbehummel View Post
    Hi guys,

did you sign up for the $80 bonus for credit card auto payments? can we do it now or do we need to wait until the switch is over after Sep 30?
    Yes, I agreed to continue pre-authorized payment. Why not get $80 per line for free to cover extra/roaming expenses?

You can do it now, I did way back on Aug 3. The My Chatr Move site closes on Sep 29 at 11:59 EDT:
    Be sure to visit the my chatr move site to select your new exclusive chatr plan up until September 29, 2016 at 11:59PM ET.
    Chatr Mobile has a promotion on now to get the same $80 by using auto-pay when we are billed by Chatr, but they don't say when the promotion ends:
    https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/promotions

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Yes, I agreed to continue pre-authorized payment. Why not get $80 per line for free to cover extra/roaming expenses?

You can do it now, I did way back on Aug 3. The My Chatr Move site closes on Sep 29 at 11:59 EDT
    Just wondering, what sort of confirmation did you receive after switching? We changed two lines a few weeks ago, and I thought that there was an email confirming the change but I can't find it now. Both lines are now receiving data, which suggests that the option we selected was properly registered as we did not have data with Mobilicity. Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvisforme View Post
    Just wondering, what sort of confirmation did you receive after switching? We changed two lines a few weeks ago, and I thought that there was an email confirming the change but I can't find it now. Both lines are now receiving data, which suggests that the option we selected was properly registered as we did not have data with Mobilicity. Thanks in advance.
    I just got a text message from Mobilicity when I accepted their only offer. A week later I accepted their updated offer that added 30 minutes of North American voice roaming. Mobilicity sent another text message that was identical to the previous one.

You're welcome.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score

You can do it now, I did way back on Aug 3.
    So you're saying that we don't have to sign up again, that it will automatically carry over? I don't recall seeing that option when I went through the migration portal.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Minor Domo View Post
    So you're saying that we don't have to sign up again, that it will automatically carry over? I don't recall seeing that option when I went through the migration portal.
    No, I didn't say that. When you accepted your Chatr offer, in step 3 of 5 ("Pre-authorized payment" page), you either had to say YES or NO to 'Would you like to continue having your monthly payments automatically charged to your credit card?'
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1474919336.556963.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  49.2 KB

You can go back into the My Chatr Move site to confirm what you selected. You do not have to click the Complete button on the very last page (step 5 of 5). Just go to step 3 and then close the tab of your Web browser.

P.S. Wow, I lost Mobilicity/Chatr service for a second time now just while taking that screenshot! At least "Mobilicity" is back on my display now.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    No, I didn't say that. When you accepted your Chatr offer, in step 3 of 5 ("Pre-authorized payment" page), you either had to say YES or NO to 'Would you like to continue having your monthly payments automatically charged to your credit card?'
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1474919336.556963.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  49.2 KB

You can go back into the My Chatr Move site to confirm what you selected. You do not have to click the Complete button on the very last page (step 5 of 5). Just go to step 3 and then close the tab of your Web browser.

P.S. Wow, I lost Mobilicity/Chatr service for a second time now just while taking that screenshot! At least "Mobilicity" is back on my display now.
    I just went through the portal again, and:

1. Only only have 4 steps, not 5

2. This monthly payment option does not exist for me.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just went through the portal again, and:

1. Only only have 4 steps, not 5

2. This monthly payment option does not exist for me.
    The My Chatr Move site doesn't seem to recognize that you have pre-authorized payments with Mobilicity. I guess you could call Mobilicity to find out what is wrong.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    The My Chatr Move site doesn't seem to recognize that you have pre-authorized payments with Mobilicity. I guess you could call Mobilicity to find out what is wrong.
    In the screen shot you posted, the first option says: "I would like to continue having monthly payments for all of my lines ..."

Just wondering, how many lines do you have with Mobi? Perhaps this only shows up if you're migrating more than one line on your account?

Feedback Score
    I don't have this 'continue with monthly payments' step either. I only have 1 line with Mobi.
    On chatr page they have this $80 bonus promotion and it says that if you want to enroll to call *3455. I tried calling from my Mobi line and it does not recognize the command and I get disconnected. This makes me think we are not fully transferred into the chatr system yet.
    Any other ideas? Should we try calling chatr CSR? I start to wonder if this promo applies to us transferring from Mobi at all.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    In the screen shot you posted, the first option says: "I would like to continue having monthly payments for all of my lines ..."

Just wondering, how many lines do you have with Mobi? Perhaps this only shows up if you're migrating more than one line on your account?
    No, I just have one line: Unlimited Starter with the Premium Data add-on. They must be using generic wording that applies to everyone.

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I don't have this 'continue with monthly payments' step either. I only have 1 line with Mobi.
    On chatr page they have this $80 bonus promotion and it says that if you want to enroll to call *3455. I tried calling from my Mobi line and it does not recognize the command and I get disconnected. This makes me think we are not fully transferred into the chatr system yet.
    Any other ideas? Should we try calling chatr CSR? I start to wonder if this promo applies to us transferring from Mobi at all.
    I think you need to call a Mobilicity CSR to see why the My Chatr Move site doesn't recognize you have a pre-authorized payment plan like it does for me.

We don't seem to be on Chatr's billing system yet, so I don't think it's worth contacting Chatr.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    I think you need to call a Mobilicity CSR to see why the My Chatr Move site doesn't recognize you have a pre-authorized payment plan like it does for me.

We don't seem to be on Chatr's billing system yet, so I don't think it's worth contacting Chatr.
    Might just be easier if I wait until we've migrated and sign up for Chatr pre-auth payments then. I doubt your average Mobilicity CSR is going to know anything about specific migration issues.

I'm thinking that we should be OK as long as we've signed up prior to the first payment on Chatr's system (or perhaps even later. This webpage seems to imply that we can sign up any time http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/autopay ). There was nothing in the migration FAQ to indicate that we had to sign up in conjunction with the new plan selection.

Feedback Score
    Might just be easier if I wait until we've migrated and sign up for pre-auth payments then. I doubt your average Mobilicity CSR is going to know anything about specific migration issues.

I'm thinking that we should be OK as long as we've signed up prior to the first payment on Chatr's system.
    Yeah, I'm with you on this one. Plus the bonus is on chatr side so I don't think it has anything to do with Mobi.
    I am only afraid they might close this bonus offer before we get the chance to sign up for it.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    I am only afraid they might close this bonus offer before we get the chance to sign up for it.
    I'm pretty sure the $80 bonus is a generic offer to all Chatr clients, not just the ones migrating from Mobilicity. For one thing, the offer details are shown on Chatr's website, not the Mobilicity or Mobi-Chatr migration site:

http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/autopay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast