Thread: $6,000 per GB? Mobilicity user complains to Competition Bureau

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score

$6,000 per GB? Mobilicity user complains to Competition Bureau

http://business.financialpost.com/fp...omers-to-chatr

TORONTO — One of Mobilicity’s remaining customers has accused telecom giant Rogers Communications Inc. of abusing its power due to a drastic increase in data roaming charges when Rogers folds the struggling wireless carrier into its other low-cost brand, Chatr.

Toronto-based businessman and Mobilicity customer Evan Kosiner filed a complaint with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission and the Competition Bureau after realizing his U.S. roaming rates will increase to $6 per megabyte or $6,000 per gigabyte with Chatr service from $1.50 per megabyte at Mobilicity.

“I think $6,000 a GB is outrageous and I don’t know of another carrier in North America let alone the world that charges that much for roaming in our neighbours next door,” Kosiner said, adding there should be a penalty for that under the wireless code.

Feedback Score
    ^Thanks for Providing the link. A Great Read for Thursday Morning. Oh by the way here is a similar interesting Read for People in Quebec: http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp...r-roaming-fees

Feedback Score
    Bless that guy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Roam like home anyone? $5/day to access the 20gb data plan?

I can dream
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Roam like home anyone? $5/day to access the 20gb data plan?

I can dream
    You'd pay less if you used roam mobility

Feedback Score
    Why are people so lazy to swaps SIMs and purchase plans designed for use in the locale they are visiting. This roam like home crap is still expensive. Sure $10 per day is affordable, but getting enough data to read two web pages makes the unit cost exorbitant. The best way to tell the carriers to stop the rip off is to not utilize the roam like home feature and buy services like roam mobility.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Why are people so lazy to swaps SIMs and purchase plans designed for use in the locale they are visiting. This roam like home crap is still expensive. Sure $10 per day is affordable, but getting enough data to read two web pages makes the unit cost exorbitant. The best way to tell the carriers to stop the rip off is to not utilize the roam like home feature and buy services like roam mobility.
    Because if you get an international phone number not everyone back home has any clue what your number is
    And most of them still wouldn't call the new number because of long distance
    Roam like home is far better solution

And Roam Mobility has been jacking up prices, reducing service, and cutting expiry dates in half so not sure why you would bother

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Because if you get an international phone number not everyone back home has any clue what your number is
    And most of them still wouldn't call the new number because of long distance
    Roam like home is far better solution

And Roam Mobility has been jacking up prices, reducing service, and cutting expiry dates in half so not sure why you would bother
    Fongo my friend. You get a Canadian number and can call Canada for free were every you are in the world.☺

Sent from my A0001 using HoFo mobile app