Thread: Wells fargo 3G internet.

Feedback Score

Wells fargo 3G internet.

I just noticed that my 3G UM175VW modem in the activate device menu has had its name changed to "UM175 USB Modem for Wells Fargo - 3G Internet"

And it is refusing to let me activate it online

Anyone else having problems?

Edit: If I enter the meid I get "There was an error with one of our systems and we're working on it now. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again in a few minutes."
    or if I select it from past devices. I get"We cannot process your request online, please contact us at 800-922-0204 for assistance … Try a Different Device"

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    odd...

VZW seems to not like activating older devices on their network. There might be a restriction.

What does the ESN checker say? https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/

Feedback Score
    the um175vw
    on the esn check page
    "Step 1: Check Device Success! Your Verizon Wireless UM175 USB Modem works on the Verizon network. Edit
    Step 2: Check SIM Your device doesn't utilize a SIM card, we've skipped this step"

back to the esn swap page
    "Customer Verification
    We cannot process your request online, please contact us at 800-922-0204 for assistance …"

just for shiggles my old alltel phone on the esn check page
    "This is an Alltel device that can no longer be activated on the Verizon Wireless Network. You can activate any device that is certified for the Verizon Wireless Network. For further information and assistance please call 1-888-535-7499 or visit any of our retail locations for available options."

On the esn swap page
    "There was an error with one of our systems and we're working on it now. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again in a few minutes. Try a Different Device"

Feedback Score
    I just noticed that my bill for the 3G line increased from $59.99/mo to $79.99/mo on the 13th.
    So I can't upgrade my device and now I can't even switch my device and my bill's gone up $20 ($15/mo more than the 4G UDP lines are post price hike)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Did you try calling in to customer service?

Assuming you didn't buy this at retail, I suspect this was part of a large corporate purchase, from Wells Fargo, that was sold secondhand to you. Verizon seems to be on a MEID blacklisting wave, they don't want a lot of non-Verizon 3G devices to be activated as they want to force everyone over to LTE.

My advice would be to call in. If you still want to keep your 3G Only plan, the path of least resistance would be to buy a new 3G modem from eBay.

But at $80/month, I'd try to get/takeover an LTE Smartphone UDP line. You'd pay maybe $10 more with MHS on some plans, and get an LTE account that will stay around probably past the CDMA shutdown.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    No I haven't tried calling customer service. I could probably get it resolved over the phone but with the price increase I'm no longer interested in getting it working

$80/mo is more than i'm willing to pay for a line I only keep for backup I have and only actually need 2 LTE UDP lines.
    So at this price point as soon as I'm able to get some equipment that can run on band 4 LTE the line is getting AOLed to anyone that wants it or canceled if it turns out nobody does.

I've got a U620l on the way to try and find if there is any band 2 in my area. If the modem runs stable I'll try and find a router for it if not I'll try and find a router with a built in modem.

If anyone has anything working on band 4 that runs 1month+ without resets please let me know.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Best thing I can think of would be a UML295 with ROOter firmware on a MR3020. But then you run into the potential that the T1114 ban gets expanded to aircards. Really hinges on the FCC making a decision there.

I briefly suggested a Nexus 7 + MR3020 but the problem is USB may disconnect requiring you to manually turn tethering on. You could create a Tasker task that re-engages USB tethering every 60 seconds though to alleviate that.

Can't promise a month of uptime but I think it should get there. If you need more ethernet ports just plug a switch in, the ROOter firmware reconfigures the MR3020's Ethernet port from WAN to LAN.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    3G UDP rateplans are stranded. They cannot migrate to 4G.

That's sobering news that they are going through the effort to find the remaining 3G UDP customers and make their lives miserable.

Feedback Score
    @hatoncat
    Thanks! I ordered a MR3020 it arrived on saturday I've set it up with the latest goldenorb firmware and a uml295 modem locked up on sunday so I got connection monitoring setup and now it's up to 2 days uptime.

It may need some better pointing or an antenna as i'm only getting about 5-7Mbps (it was doing 10-17mbps when I first set it up so it may have dropped back to B13) even at it's best it's still only about half the speed I was getting from the T1114

Anyone know how to find what band the uml295 is using?
    I the rooter firmware does not display the signal strength and such but i'm still able to access the modem directly at 192.168.32.2 so I suppose thats not needed also doesn't seem to work with the U620L I bought to try. (not a big deal speeds are the same on either device in my area)

I think it'll do for now it's way better than being stuck on 3G and videos stream without buffering in HD again yay!
    Great deal for the cost of the equipment.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    You may be able to check in the diagnostic logs. I know the UML295 was a royal pain to flash with the latest firmware... but once it did, it worked better than ever.

I was going to buy a 620L - but I'm waiting for Verizon to be compelled to answer as to if UDP SIMs can still be used with them without threat of termination.

Feedback Score
    What's the latest firmware for the uml295? the check for update page shows
    Firmware InformationStatus
    Source
    Verizon Wireless
    Name
    Pantech_UML295_Update_D821F_SU2
    Status
    Update Successful
    Date
    9/30/2016
    Time
    11:45:42 AM
    Description
    Pantech_UML295_UpdatePackage Size = 8492336Bytes. Pantech UML295 Update Package from D821F to EA31F.

And it has its field test page at http://192.168.32.2/fta/index.html?i...8.32.2/engdata

it shows channels but I don't know if that can be converted to bands or if there if it just says band 4 somewhere i've yet to find.

Yep that's the same reason I don't want to spend a few hundred $ on new equipment. What were you planning on using the 620L with just a laptop?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    If it lists EARFCN, you can convert that to band numbers. Several calculators online. I believe EA31F is the latest.

Feedback Score
    Update chatted in with VZW they said
    "I am seeing in order for me to make this change you would have to change your plan which is why it would not allow you to do it. The only way around it I can think of would be having our technical support team switch it for you."

So then I called in and spent the next 30 minutes on the phone with support (It didn't take long to go through all the support tiers when they figured out they couldn't do it on their end either.) they said that due to changes on their end they are no longer able to switch devices on that plan/line.

They said that I could switch my account to the NVP and they could get get that line put back on its grandfathered plan but that could take up to 60 days.

You think if I had it put on a sub account by itself it would fix that problem :? bah that's enough time spent on the phone tonight I'm going to bed I guess I'll get to find out what their saturday hours are.

No device changes allowed and $20/mo more wow how nice