Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 -- Where's the Official Announcement?!?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score

Question Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 -- Where's the Official Announcement?!?

This summer, Samsung stated that they would be officially announcing the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 during the month of September.

It's now October 2nd, and I STILL haven't seen an official announcement, nor have I seen any coverage of an announcement.

Any of you guys & gals know what's going on with this tablet?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So, the Galaxy Tab S3 was FINALLY announced at the big industry event last month, and to call it disappointing is an understatement. No return to either a 16:10 or at least 16:9 form factor; only offered in the 9.7" size, rather than the 8.4" size I prefer and chose with my Galaxy Tab S; and if a completely unlocked, unbranded, LTE version compatible with ALL carriers is going to be offered directly from Samsung, so that I can use an Unlimited Data Plan SIM from ANY carrier of my choice, rather than being locked into one specific carrier, I haven't heard about it yet.

Bottom line, Samsung is not giving me a compelling reason to upgrade from their tablet that I have now. And the presence of a stupid, fragile GLASS back like on their recent phones actually gives me a very compelling reason to NOT upgrade to it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    At $600 for a 32 GB, WiFi Only model, the pricing just is not competitive. Sure, it has an updated S-Pen (and nowhere to store it,) but for me to be willing to fork over $600, it would have to have AT LEAST 128 GB of memory, a built-in, unlocked, unbranded, all carriers LTE radio, and NO fragile glass back!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The lack of other posts in this topic just goes to prove that this new tablet will be a failure. If anyone was actually interested in buying one, there'd be at least 1-2 posts by people other than myself!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not that anyone but myself cares, but it turns out that there IS an unlocked, unbranded LTE version of this tablet available... but only in Europe and Asia! So IF you can find someone that you can purchase it from in the US/North America, it'll run you about $800 and it will NOT support either Verizon Wireless or Sprint. Since I want an unlocked LTE version that can be used with my Unlimited Data Plans from both AT&T and Verizon Wireless, the lack of support for VZW makes it useless to me.